The Official Marco Marchionni thread (3 Viewers)

OP
Rhizoid
Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #81
    I'm just puzzled as to why we're not seeing the "Parma version" of Marchionni here! :(

He looked awesome in pre-season 2006 (fine, they were crap teams, but he was very hyped and motivated).........I won't say he was crap this season, but more often than not i feel he underperformed. [well TrezeGol "only" scored 15 this season in Serie B, if we want to discuss underperfomance, but I'm not comparing the two...]

I think with new team mates and different tactics he'll get his chance with Ranieri and we'll see better displays from him in Serie A.

What do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
    Jul 15, 2006
    I'm just puzzled as to why we're not seeing the "Parma version" of Marchionni here! :(

He looked awesome in pre-season 2006 (fine, they were crap teams, but he was very hyped and motivated).........I won't say he was crap this season, but more often than not i feel he underperformed. [well TrezeGol "only" scored 15 this season in Serie B, if we want to discuss underperfomance, but I'm not comparing the two...]

I think with new team mates and different tactics he'll get his chance with Ranieri and we'll see better displays from him in Serie A.

What do you think?
    i think he'll clean brazzo's boots

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    well , I see there r many fans of Marco here ,,, i like this lad he is commited , he has hunger for sucsess YET

he didn't adapt to juve style and i think he will not unless we give up our slow building tactics and flat 4-4-2 formation .

he is fast ,, his work rate is 100% ,, poor crosses ,, average passes ,, average flair ,,, and the most annoying thing of all he keep his head down while he is running with the ball he dosen't know where his mates are always concentrating on his feets trying to dribble !!

the best place for him is 4-5-1 with counter attacks and i don't know if ranieri would develop that tactic !!

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    Parma have confirmed an agreement is in place for Fiorentina star Reginaldo, but Marco Marchionni denies he’ll replace the Brazilian.

Reports were circulating on Friday that Reginaldo Ferreira da Silva had signed for the Gialloblu and President Tommaso Ghirardi admitted they were true.

“We have reached an agreement with the club and when Reginaldo returns from Brazil he will be a Parma player in every way,” said the patron.

The Viola are expected to receive £3m plus young midfielder Luca Cigarini, who made 21 Serie A appearances for Parma this term.

Having already sold Luca Toni to Bayern Munich, Fiorentina are rebuilding their attack and need to bring in another wide player for that role.

The prime candidate was former Parma man Marchionni (pictured), but he has denied the stories in an interview with Fiorentina News.

“From the latest indications I have received, I’m told I should remain at Juventus,” he said.

“I don’t think they changed their minds on that. I also know that Claudio Ranieri believes in and appreciates me, even if I haven’t had the opportunity to talk to him very much.”

channel4

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    id really like marchionni to stay and prove himself at juve... wouldnt be nice gettin rid of him after he decided to join us even in serie b

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    If we are to play a 4-3-3, Marco will be quite invaluable to have in the squad.

Camoranesi - Trezeguet - Del Piero
    (Marchionni) - (Iaquinta) - (Palladino)

Looks pretty damn good.

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    Marco Marchionni’s agent has once again been motivated to make a statement denying that his client will be leaving Juventus this summer.

The 26-year-old winger joined Juve last season but failed to bring over his standout form from Parma, due to an injury that kept him out for much of the year.

The news that Pavel Nedved will be staying on for at least another year, rekindled rumours that Marchionni would be angling for a transfer to Fiorentina in order to link up with his former mentor Cesare Prandelli.

“Juventus have never put him on the market so Marchionni will remain a Bianconero,” insisted Bruno Carpeggiani, before declaring that he does not consider Nedved’s continued presence a problem since “they play different roles and a great side like Juve need a big squad.”

goal.com

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
    Marchionni is a good player, but the season will be hard for him. We have Brazzo, Nedved and Camo for the wings. And we have the option to play 4-3-3 where Iaquinta can play on the flank. He probably won't get much playing time. I hope our depth in midfield and therefore the competition brings out the best out of everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)