The Official Marco Marchionni thread (4 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Marchionni promises victory

Marco Marchionni has reassured Juventus fans that they will get back to winning ways against Crotone on Saturday.

The Old Lady have stumbled of late after needing a last minute equaliser against Spezia, while they were held to a 2-2 draw at Vicenza despite going two goals up.

“We haven’t won for a while but we’re going to rectify that on Saturday,” the Italian international said.

“We’re not happy with what happened at Vicenza. A team like ours can’t just blow a two goal lead like that, although I have to say that these things can happen sometimes.

“I don’t think we have a psychological problem, sometimes you struggle even when you’re ahead.

“It’s never easy in Serie B – very rarely have we been able to dominate even when we’ve been more than a goal up.”

The summer signing from Parma also dismissed reports that there is growing tension in the squad between the players and under-pressure boss Didier Deschamps.

“The alarm bells have only been going off outside the camp,” he added. “We had a relaxed meeting, as we do every week. We had a look at each player’s individual errors.

“We’re annoyed about the criticisms levelled at the defence, as when the team concedes the blame lies with everyone.

“But now we’re looking ahead to the game with Crotone.”

Marchionni did offer a decent individual display at the weekend and he’s desperate to make even more of a contribution given his previous injury problems.

“I’m pleased with my season so far,” he noted. “If you take away the time I’ve spent on the sidelines, I’ve featured in just about every game.

“It’s a sign that the boss has faith in me and I can’t help being happy about that.

“When I decided to join Juventus, I accepted there was a possibility that I might not play as often as I have done in the past.

“My job is to be ready to answer the call at all times and to give the Coach a selection headache.”
Check the source: Channel 4.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I think this boy is great. i wondered why he was linked with Palermo during the winter window, and he haven't got any chances. At Parma was ^^^, and I saw him as a Camo replacement, i still do. And yes i see him as a Juve player in the future.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I think this boy is great. i wondered why he was linked with Palermo during the winter window, and he haven't got any chances. At Parma was ^^^, and I saw him as a Camo replacement, i still do. And yes i see him as a Juve player in the future.
He might be used as a part deal in Barzagli's buy. Palermo asked Juve to give them Marchionni plus cash in exchange of Barzagli.

I love Marchionni and his cross passes as well. ;)

By the way, you are better with your glasses on. :cool:

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Yeah I'v found them... I know that there were a part deal around Marchioni, Marchisio and Miccoli 4 a while, but in my opinion Palermo was asking too much. I rather give Marchioni a chance to prove himself on the pitch than just give him 4 Barzagli. After all Barzagli we can get him for just money, and we can't aford to lose talents[like Henry exampple]. After all he wasn't able to play because of injyries, not because bad performance

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Yes, I agree with you. We shouldn't lose him withount giving him the full chance to perform. I'm still waiting for Marchionni's top form.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
He is for sure a player to keep within Juve ranks...He will be vital for our future and surely this guy has a lot of talent...
I say keep Marco...he is very important to Juve's cause :smoke:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
this game will be important for Marco imo, as neddy is not fully fit so its either a start for marchionni or at least 30mins.

hope he does well especially (or i hope) he would be playing on the left flank not the right.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus have told Marco Marchionni that they have no plans to sell him during the summer transfer window.

The winger has made a limited impact since his Bosman move from Parma last June which has led to speculation over his future.

However, the Italian international’s agent has this evening claimed that Marchionni is part of the Old Lady’s future for now.

“Juventus have told me that they have no intention of giving Marchionni away and the player doesn’t want to leave,” Bruno Carpeggiani noted.

“Although things can change quickly in the world of football, this is the situation which we presently find ourselves in.”

Marchionni has started to feature more regularly in the side of late given the injury to World Cup winner Mauro Camoranesi.

Football Italia

Jul 15, 2006
Yeah, I really believe that Marco can reach the form that he did last year, remember when Marco played against Milan merda last year, and scored two, wow man, he was on fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)