The Official Marco Marchionni thread (3 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He is my hero for a while.

While others think we have to find a replacement for Nedved, I think he is exactly the man for Nedved´s position.

Of course, he will never be the same Nedved, but this guy knows how to assist, dribble and his pace is what this team needs.

I hope he stays for a long time and I wish he doesn´t get injured too much.

Forza Marchionni...

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
with Marco we dont need that diving boy;)
:agree: I don't like "divers".
C.Ronaldo asked for 30-40m......then even Marchionni is 70-80% of C.Ronaldo's skills, i would still choose Marchionni~
Me too. I prefer honest players to divers. Pippo Inzaghi used to dive when he played for Juve & got booked for it. (He gets away with it when he does so in a milan shirt, though).

Vidocq

Sep 9, 2006

Me too. I prefer honest players to divers. Pippo Inzaghi used to dive when he played for Juve & got booked for it. (He gets away with it when he does so in a milan shirt, though).

He dives all his career and catch every offside..

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Marchionni hails Juve champs Tuesday 23 January, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Marchionni has praised the big name stars who decided to stick with Juventus over the summer despite their demotion to Serie B.

The Old Lady are currently top of the Second Division and the Bosman signing from Parma has no doubts as to why.

“I think we owe our leadership to the great champions who decided to stay even in Serie B,” said the 26-year-old.

“If they were to leave at the end of the term then we could only shake their hands and thank them for how they faced this difficult year in purgatory.”

The Italian international has finally recovered from the injury which has troubled him since the start of term and is looking forward to making a contribution.

“I was hoping to recover earlier because the team needed me seeing the many injuries we have suffered,” he added.

“Now I am finally feeling better and I want to give my all,” explained the Bianconero, who was recently paired with moves to Fiorentina and Parma.

“When you play for an important club like Juve you want to stay for as long as possible. I want to fight for great objectives as soon as possible.

“Next year we will be in Serie A and I will be part of the team. I hope we will be immediately competitive, but I know we must keep our feet on the ground and respect our management’s job.”

The Bianconeri, who lead the table with 38 points, will visit Spezia on Saturday and Marchionni is aware that it will not be an easy test.

“We will face a strong side on a difficult pitch,” he added. “All teams give their all against us and Spezia will do the same. We will have to do our best if we want to do well.”

Channel 4

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
“I’m really pleased. I’ve been out for a long time so it was great to play well on my return. Still, Juventus always comes first and it was more important we took home all three points than whether or not I played well personally”. Marco Marchionni is back from injury and, as his glittering performance as a second half substitute against Bari showed, it’s like he’s never been away. “I didn’t expect to be out for such a long time but looking back on last year, when I had surgery and was out for seven months, they thought at first it was just going to be for ten days. After returning from injury I had a great run of form and I’m hoping to repeat the trick this time round. I’ve missed a lot of games over the last two and an half months and I want to make up for that during the second half of this season”.

The journalists asked him whether he’s had any doubts about his decision to join the Bianconeri. “Not at all. First and foremost it’s about respecting my contract. I hope to be here for the full five years and if I’m still happy then, which I’m sure I will be, I’d like to stay on after that. When you’re at a club like Juve you have to have a pretty good reason to want to leave”.

With both Marchionni and Camoranesi fit and ready, Didier Deschamps is left with some tricky decisions. “Mauro and I have different characteristics as players and we offer the coach different alternatives. I like to play where there’s room to manoeuvre whereas Mauro does things a little differently”. The arrival of Salihamidzic from Munich this summer will surely increase competition for places further. “I’ve always said that as long as there are a great champions around, I’m happy to be here; they give you a point of reference and there’s always something new to be learned. If he’s been at Bayern for nine years, he has to have been doing something right. He’s obviously a great player and I’m sure he’ll fit in well at Juve. It’s great for the coach to have tough decisions to make, that’s the sign of a top team”. The little winger is not one to shirk a challenge. “If you want to play regularly you have to work hard; it’s up to each player to create their own opportunities. I came her to play an important role and show what I’m capable of. If I manage to make room for myself then there’s everything to play for, if not then I’ll have to look at my options”.

Talk turned to the race for promotion, which currently sees the Bianconeri out front by a clear two points. “The points deduction certainly made things a little easier for us but there are still a lot of games to go before we can be declared outright winners. It feels good to be top at this stage as it justifies the club’s efforts to keep the big players; it’s them who make the difference”. And the nearest challengers? “I’m hoping we come first and leave the others to fight it out for second place. Bologna would be my pick for the other promotion spot but there are several teams in it”.

Marco has been unlucky not to have played more games so far this season. “My only regret is getting injured when there was space to play. It’s one thing when you’re on the bench and someone else is out there on merit, but it’s another when you’re forced to sit things out through injury. With Pavel suspended and Camo sidelined I might have been playing every week, but what’s done is done and it’s now just a case of working as hard as I can to get as many games as possible”.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
With Nedved, Camoranesi, Marchionni and Salihamidzic the only problem we have to fear on the wings are disappointed players. And players like Palladino or Balza can play on the wings, too. We are more than covered on that position.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

As someone here said a long time ago, Inzaghi was born offside. :p

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
With Nedved, Camoranesi, Marchionni and Salihamidzic the only problem we have to fear on the wings are disappointed players. And players like Palladino or Balza can play on the wings, too. We are more than covered on that position.
Ironicly, we are more covered on the wings this season in serie B than we were last season in serie A.

OP
Rhizoid
Oct 3, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    Marchionni is one to keep for good. I'd much rather have him on our side than C Ronaldo. :stuckup:

I expect great things ahead for Marco. He's going to pull off a CL surprise like Zalayeta did vs. Barca and Real Madrid...you will see. I will revive this thread in 2009. :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)