The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (7 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I've got a feeling that it will work well with us, Zacchi is experienced enough to know that he can't take risks at this stage and i remember him saying that he followed Juve games from the start of this season so he allready knew what he wants to do.

But still i hate the 3-4-3 system.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I think a change in formation to an attacking one will improve our play and hopefully win us games :)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
But you need solid, good two-way wingers/wingbacks in this system, Sateeh. Caceres isn't either and DC isn't a proven entity.
I get your point there Andy, but the fact that they have the flank all to themselves could be beneficial as both have average control on the ball and could mainly be used for crossing.

They are the best options, and I am glad Zach is trying those two over Grosso(even though he has experience in that position from his time at Perugia, but that was a million years ago) and Grygera. Playing Gio and even camo is suicide for me with this weak defense we have (or going to have).

I dont like this system considering the players we have. But don't you think that our CBs are the weakest link here ? It won't be just defending but also starting attacks.

Cassabgui

The Egyptian
Jan 17, 2010
After listening to Zac's statements it is quite clear the Diego won't be playing as a Triquartista anymore.
Zac said two things that gave me the hint:

1. Diego needs to play further up wide so he can have more space.
2. He will be playing with three forwards.

Which means that Diego is probably going to be the left winger/forward.
Which leaves the position on the right open to Giovinco.

I hope it will look something like this eventually.

-----------------------------Buffon------------------------------
------------Legrottaglie-Cannavaro-Chiellini-----------------
-Caceres--------------Melo----Candreva-----------De Ceglie
--------Giovinco-----------------------------Diego-------------
---------------------------Paolucci-------------------------------

Its not my favourite lineup but it would work. De Ceglie and Caceres giving the team the perfect balance between defence and attack.

Melo staying back, Candreva roaming forward and shooting from far.
Diego and Giovinco have enough space to dribble and can link up with Caceres and De Ceglie without worrying that the back is uncovered, since there will be three central defenders ready to stop any counter attacks and Paolucci/Amauri will be receiving goal scoring chances from all angles. Candreva through the middle and the four wingers from the sides.

This really could work.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Cassabgui, :agree:
But why do you think that Diego is going to play on the left wing?
Gio always played on the left, and for Diego (hi is right-footed, yes?) it will be easier to move from center to "his" wing.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
After listening to Zac's statements it is quite clear the Diego won't be playing as a Triquartista anymore.

----------------Caceres-Cannavaro-Chiellini-----------------

Its not my favourite lineup but it would work. De Ceglie and Caceres giving the team the perfect balance between defence and attack.

Diego and Giovinco have enough space to dribble and can link up with Caceres and De Ceglie without worrying that the back is uncovered, since there will be three central defenders ready to stop any counter attacks and Paolucci/Amauri will be receiving goal scoring chances from all angles. Candreva through the middle and the four wingers from the sides.

This really could work.
Personally, I'm not too fond of cloning Caceres :D

Cassabgui

The Egyptian
Jan 17, 2010
@ Buck Futter: Fixed :D

@ Alessandro: because Diego is the kind of player that shoots a lot. If we move him to the right he won't be able to shoot since he is right footed and the angle wouldn't suit him. His dribbling style also suits the left wing. He tends to dribble deep from the left flank past his marker and then shoot which would be impossible on the right.
Giovinco, on the other hand, who is also right footed, is a great crosser, not a shooter. Which is why the right flank suits him since he can give crosses from the right.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
diego will play the same position. Zaccheroni only said that Diego has to search for the flanks more...

Having said that, I think Giovinco and Diego should both play coming from the flanks more. We need to widen our playing field.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I get your point there Andy, but the fact that they have the flank all to themselves could be beneficial as both have average control on the ball and could mainly be used for crossing.

They are the best options, and I am glad Zach is trying those two over Grosso(even though he has experience in that position from his time at Perugia, but that was a million years ago) and Grygera. Playing Gio and even camo is suicide for me with this weak defense we have (or going to have).

I dont like this system considering the players we have. But don't you think that our CBs are the weakest link here ? It won't be just defending but also starting attacks.
Actually the formation might suit Grosso more. Grosso's problems is he cant defend, he's no fullback. He's a wingback. the 3-4-3 formation asks for a wingback.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

------------Legrottaglie-Cannavaro-Chiellini-----------------

This really could work.
Don't think Zac will drop Alex...

Personally, I'm not too fond of cloning Caceres :D
:lol:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
One concern that i have with the 3-4-3 system is that its an uncommon formation where not many coaches are a fan of. So if Zacch was fired come at the end of this season who ever will take over he's place is pretty likely not to use a back 3 in he's system and we need to change back to another system (too much instability).

If the management decided to keep Zaccheroni longer than this is even worse. Because we're gonna sign certain players in the summer who would fit in that formation and in a year or so when Zaccheroni leaves then we need to change both the formation + many players because of that. Unless we're going to hire someone like Gasperini who is also a fan of that system.

The management have to think loong and hard in this and honestly i don't trust them to make the right decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)