The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (6 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Caceres and De Ceglie? :lol: Its going to be more like 5-3-2 then 3-5-2. Caceres and DC are more defenders and they won't be a threat offensively as wingbacks.

My god, what he's doing is instead of bringing in a player like Giovinco he brings in a central defender in Legro. Taking off a midfielder and bringing in a CB. 5 defenders, well done Zaccheroni, now thats attacking football.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Zac tests three at back

Alberto Zaccheroni is already experimenting with a three-man defence during today’s Juventus training session.

The Coach replaced Ciro Ferrara on Friday and did not have time to make many changes before his debut, a 1-1 draw with Lazio on Sunday evening.

It’s reported from the Turin training ground that he is now working on three at the back, who are Fabio Cannavaro, Nicola Legrottaglie and Giorgio Chiellini.

It would be a radical switch for the Bianconeri, who have used a four-man defence regularly for many years.

Zaccheroni is famed for a very different tactical system, as he used the 3-4-3 at Udinese and adapted to a 3-4-1-2 when winning the 1999 Scudetto at Milan.

Considering Juve haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last nine games, it is a big risk to take on their trip to Livorno.

“I want to end this myth that I only ever focus on the attack,” commented Zac.

“To support a trident you need four midfielders and so, logically, the defence is reduced to three players.”

Felipe Melo should be back despite a muscular problem, but Momo Sissoko and Zdenek Grygera are suspended.

The injury crisis has above all hit the midfield, where Mauro Camoranesi, Hasan Salihamidzic, Christian Poulsen and Claudio Marchisio join David Trezeguet and Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Newspaper reports out of Turin, where the team has been training behind closed doors, suggest Antonio Candreva and Felipe Melo will be partnered on the wings by Martin Caceres and Paolo De Ceglie.

You can't have gio in thatf formation. Even camo would be stretching it. You need a huge engine and very good defensive qualities to play on that wing back position. Its not a real winger per say. De Ceglie and Caceras are the best options if we're playing in that system.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
To be honest if we are gonna have 3 in the back, then I'd rather have Caceras and DC on the wings than Giovinco. That said, I've always felt that playing with 3 in the back is suicidal.
The only calm point is that we will be trying it against Livorno. Lets see how it works.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
This season is long gone, lets just pray for a CL spot.
And unless Zac makes this team win 90% of what's left of the season then he might as well get sacked too before his contract ends.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
icεmαή;2345891 said:
To be honest if we are gonna have 3 in the back, then I'd rather have Caceras and DC on the wings than Giovinco. That said, I've always felt that playing with 3 in the back is suicidal.
The only calm point is that we will be trying it against Livorno. Lets see how it works.
well the effectively thing we can try is our three man defenders, legro,canna and chiello must stand and sit still in our back line. they should not given a chance to go up to help attacking unless its necessary or in corner kick moment. and De ceglie and caceres must have a strong stamina to run up and down to help our defence, so we gonna have unofficially 5 man defender when opponent attack us. well it my point of view to avoid a tragic suicidal...
how about you guys?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I don't get why folk are worried about fielding Caceras and De Ceglie. They are the least of our worries with this system. Fielding three at the back means you need at least one that can pass the ball well and push up to distribute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)