The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (58 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I've got a feeling that it will work well with us, Zacchi is experienced enough to know that he can't take risks at this stage and i remember him saying that he followed Juve games from the start of this season so he allready knew what he wants to do.

But still i hate the 3-4-3 system.
Zacchi? Zacchi?? Jeez, lets not start the pep-talk already.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
If we don't play the right system we're not going to see CL.
I meant that people are already saying how this and that won't work when we haven't tested in a match. Then you got others worrying that we might keep this formation long term and then Zach gets fired and we are stuck.

How about we just qualify for the CL first (using whatever formation that works) then in the summer we can start sorting out the weaknesses of the team.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
3 @ the back will work if the flanks will do their defensive duties well...and if in the middle of those 4 we won't have 2 dm's

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i think any formation that is not used so often can work very well for us, because the other teams are not prepared to "counter" that formation. it will be a very unusual experience playing against us and with our quality players we have even more of an advantage (if zacch gets it right).

even more mediocre teams can upset stronger teams by fielding a unusual formation and surprising them... if a mediocre team can do that, then our quality players would just add to that advantage...

i am optimistic

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
i think any formation that is not used so often can work very well for us, because the other teams are not prepared to "counter" that formation. it will be a very unusual experience playing against us and with our quality players we have even more of an advantage (if zacch gets it right).

even more mediocre teams can upset stronger teams by fielding a unusual formation and surprising them... if a mediocre team can do that, then our quality players would just add to that advantage...

i am optimistic
:agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

i am optimistic
And how long do you think this effect would last? Two, three games? Maybe five? Every single formation and tactics we used was easily exposed after a short while.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
And how long do you think this effect would last? Two, three games? Maybe five? Every single formation and tactics we used was easily exposed after a short while.
under the helm of tactical stubborn mastermind ciro ferrara...

its not an attribute of us as "juve" that everyone will outwit our tactics fast...

the effect will last as long as the opponents are not used to play against that type of formation.

its like you are into fighting and practice muay thai and fight most of the time against other muay thai fighters, but when you fight only once or twice a year against some bully boxer you would have your problems because even when boxing is more of a restricted combat style it does bear its own advantages and dangers for people unfamiliar with it. a muay thai fighter might easily get knocked out by a simple punch, because he is not used to actually fear punches but more the knee or the low kicks and so be surprised...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Actually the formation might suit Grosso more. Grosso's problems is he cant defend, he's no fullback. He's a wingback. the 3-4-3 formation asks for a wingback.
Yeah Grosso can't defend but the thing that isn't working for him is his overlapping runs, interplay and even crossing. I don't if it was because he has the burden of tracking back or not but hes not delivering there. So I wouldn't mind giving DC a go.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah Grosso can't defend but the thing that isn't working for him is his overlapping runs, interplay and even crossing. I don't if it was because he has the burden of tracking back or not but hes not delivering there. So I wouldn't mind giving DC a go.
so what you are actually trying to say is that grosso is worse in attacking than de ceglie ?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
ah yeah right ... :sergio:

that is surely the explanation for grosso having one goals and two assists in 16 games to his name,

while de ceglie has only one assist to his name (13 games) while playing in a even more attacking position on the field ... that de ceglie is really something

grosso is by no means a great player, but head-2-head with de ceglie he would brush him away any day of the week

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

i am optimistic
I think you seem to have overlooked the fact that Juve is a mediocre team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)