The Official Alberbo Zaccheroni Thread (14 Viewers)

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
Zaccheroni: «We fielded will. You will see an improving team»

At the end of the match against Lazio which ended in a draw, Alberto Zaccheroni commented about the team’s performance after it’s first match with him as coach. Asked what was the first thing he though about at the end of the match, the coach answered: «As soon as I entered the dressing rooms I thought of the mistakes we made, what went missing when we had the ball and when we did not». Zaccheroni made a critical and careful analysis stating: «It is true we tried to dominate the match. We created 5 opportunities as opposed to one of theirs but the will to do well did not help us. The team was very angry and wanted to win and did so with too much frenzy».

Underlining that «in the first half hour we did not use the flank much with Del Piero and Diego playing very close to each other, perhaps too close, because the Brazilian should look for space on the wing», Zaccheroni showed optimism for the immediate future: «Matches are won and lost in midfield and we have excellent players in this area, some of whom are out. However, you will see an improving team. Tonight we fielded will, the rest will follow».

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Zebina loves the juve shirt and so passionate. He is too under appreciated by many Juve fans. The way he was standing on Sunday and cheering up and getting all worked up by the game showed how much he care.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Let's put it this way: Zebina would be the first player I'd suspect if I heard someone punched out Del Piero in the locker room.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Did you see how was reacting with the game. When Alex was substituted, Zebina was shown on TV and he was standing and cheering. This show that he is passionate about the team. I didn't say he is the greatest player. What he did means Juventus has a soft spot in his heart

Let's put it this way: Zebina would be the first player I'd suspect if I heard someone punched out Del Piero in the locker room.
:lol:
I would go to Italy and bitch slap him

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
But just about every time Grygera is on the pitch, we're playing with 3 defenders. :sergio:
True that :wallbang:

Underlining that «in the first half hour we did not use the flank much with Del Piero and Diego playing very close to each other, perhaps too close, because the Brazilian should look for space on the wing»
Now that is interesting, Zacch saw that we needed to open up more on the flanks which is spot on. That means IMO one thing, we need someone like Giovinco out there to drift wide and open up the game more.

Perhaps he's thinking of replacing alex with Gio for the next game ?

We'll see....

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
True that :wallbang:

Now that is interesting, Zacch saw that we needed to open up more on the flanks which is spot on. That means IMO one thing, we need someone like Giovinco out there to drift wide and open up the game more.

Perhaps he's thinking of replacing alex with Gio for the next game ?

We'll see....
And Camoranesi on the other side.

There are many reasons why this team is under performing but Camo's injury is certainly one of the main ones. He played only 35-40% of the matches and he's still our 3rd best scorer, 2nd best assist man and 2nd best crosser. Despite his occasional blackouts, what he gives to this team (crossing, width, dribbling, passing, movement in the opponent's part of the pitch) is exactly what this team has been missing since November.

His injury proneness is seriously hurting this team and it's ironical that the only way out I see here is to sell him despite him being (imo) our best midfielder.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
And Camoranesi on the other side.

There are many reasons why this team is under performing but Camo's injury is certainly one of the main ones. He played only 35-40% of the matches and he's still our 3rd best scorer, 2nd best assist man and 2nd best crosser. Despite his occasional blackouts, what he gives to this team (crossing, width, dribbling, passing, movement in the opponent's part of the pitch) is exactly what this team has been missing since November.

His injury proneness is seriously hurting this team and it's ironical that the only way out I see here is to sell him despite him being (imo) our best midfielder.
Marchisio does have good technique, but he is nowhere near the creative talent of Diego or Giovinco or Camo. So...with Marchisio, Momo, Sali, Melo, Poulsen...we have scant creativity, resulting in ALL production of chances to come from pressure or Diego. When you add to that, Iaquinta and Trez as our only forwards to show any decent form this season...and consider that we have lacked those two for a while now, forced to persevere with the Amauri corpse and near to death DP...Indeed, its not mystery as to why we have had massive trouble scoring goals, even creating decent chances.

Without any doubt whatsoever, we are at our most creative and fluid, when we have at the very least 2 of the Diego/Camo/Gio trio on the field. All three would be fine, with Iaquinta and Trez sharing the lone striker role. And 2 of Melo/Momo/Marchisio battling it out behind them. Candreva can be the support for the attacking trio...

I think that Zach will be introducing Gio and Camo as soon as possible. As the horrible lack of creativity is one of our two major problems. The other, is the defence...but that could be sorted out by adding the extra width to midfield. making us much harder to run through at will. perhaps...

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

At the end of the match against Lazio which ended in a draw, Alberto Zaccheroni commented about the team’s performance after it’s first match with him as coach. Asked what was the first thing he though about at the end of the match, the coach answered: «As soon as I entered the dressing rooms I thought of the mistakes we made, what went missing when we had the ball and when we did not». Zaccheroni made a critical and careful analysis stating: «It is true we tried to dominate the match. We created 5 opportunities as opposed to one of theirs but the will to do well did not help us. The team was very angry and wanted to win and did so with too much frenzy».

Underlining that «in the first half hour we did not use the flank much with Del Piero and Diego playing very close to each other, perhaps too close, because the Brazilian should look for space on the wing», Zaccheroni showed optimism for the immediate future: «Matches are won and lost in midfield and we have excellent players in this area, some of whom are out. However, you will see an improving team. Tonight we fielded will, the rest will follow».
Prove it on the field. Talk is cheap.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Zac tests three at back

Alberto Zaccheroni is already experimenting with a three-man defence during today’s Juventus training session.

The Coach replaced Ciro Ferrara on Friday and did not have time to make many changes before his debut, a 1-1 draw with Lazio on Sunday evening.

It’s reported from the Turin training ground that he is now working on three at the back, who are Fabio Cannavaro, Nicola Legrottaglie and Giorgio Chiellini.

It would be a radical switch for the Bianconeri, who have used a four-man defence regularly for many years.

Zaccheroni is famed for a very different tactical system, as he used the 3-4-3 at Udinese and adapted to a 3-4-1-2 when winning the 1999 Scudetto at Milan.

Considering Juve haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last nine games, it is a big risk to take on their trip to Livorno.

“I want to end this myth that I only ever focus on the attack,” commented Zac.

“To support a trident you need four midfielders and so, logically, the defence is reduced to three players.”

Felipe Melo should be back despite a muscular problem, but Momo Sissoko and Zdenek Grygera are suspended.

The injury crisis has above all hit the midfield, where Mauro Camoranesi, Hasan Salihamidzic, Christian Poulsen and Claudio Marchisio join David Trezeguet and Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Newspaper reports out of Turin, where the team has been training behind closed doors, suggest Antonio Candreva and Felipe Melo will be partnered on the wings by Martin Caceres and Paolo De Ceglie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)