The NHL Thread (9 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I'll alway support canadian teams even though it is Ottawa.....::frown:

maybe this year is the right time for D. Alfredsson and his team. :shifty:
Supporting Canadian teams in the playoffs has always been my philosophy, but the "Canadian teams" exclude Ottawa in my books. But yeah, they could definitely win it.

I'd like to see Buffalo win it...they've dominated all season, and all their sports teams either relocate or choke/get screwed over in the final, so those fans deserve a championship. :lol:

so move back to Canada....

nothing worse than a sore Leafs fan ;)
Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeee...let's take a hop back in the time machine, shall we? Dallas Stars vs. Buffalo Sabres, OT, 1999 Stanley Cup Finals...ring a bell? Of course it does, Buffalonians are still moaning about it...:D

What? Brett Hull's foot in the crease? What? Buffalo doesn't win the Stanley Cup?

Shit, eh? :lol2:

And Tahir...Svenska went down hard today, care for a tissue? :D

watermelon

Nov 24, 2005
Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeee...let's take a hop back in the time machine, shall we? Dallas Stars vs. Buffalo Sabres, OT, 1999 Stanley Cup Finals...ring a bell? Of course it does, Buffalonians are still moaning about it...:D

What? Brett Hull's foot in the crease? What? Buffalo doesn't win the Stanley Cup?

:lol:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Supporting Canadian teams in the playoffs has always been my philosophy, but the "Canadian teams" exclude Ottawa in my books. But yeah, they could definitely win it.

I'd like to see Buffalo win it...they've dominated all season, and all their sports teams either relocate or choke/get screwed over in the final, so those fans deserve a championship. :lol:

The Swedish language went down today? :D I don't think so.

I don't know what happened, I didn't get to see the match because the US refuses to broadcast the World Championships :disagree: But apparently we lost it from the get go; we let in 2 goals in one minute.

Oh well, can't win 'em all. We're still ranked #1 in the world though, and we're still the Olympic champions :weee:

watermelon

Nov 24, 2005

I don't know what happened, I didn't get to see the match because the US refused to broadcast the World Championship :disagree: But apparently we lost it from the get go; we let in 2 goals in one minute.

Oh well, can't win 'em all. We're still ranked #1 in the world though, and we're still the Olympic champions :weee:
Stupid Americans don't have TSN. :frown:

you rank first in the world and take Olympic champion because we didn't send the best team. :lol:

But I do like Mats Sundin very much. :lol:

Max

Jul 15, 2003

I don't know what happened, I didn't get to see the match because the US refuses to broadcast the World Championships :disagree: But apparently we lost it from the get go; we let in 2 goals in one minute.

Is that what Svenska means? Well then how do you say Sweden? I've seen it on jackets before...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sverge or Sverne or something like that, right?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Stupid Americans don't have TSN. :frown:

you rank first in the world and take Olympic champion because we didn't send the best team. :lol:
What are you talking about? They had a great team.

Goaltenders

* Quebec 30 Martin Brodeur
* Quebec 1 Roberto Luongo
* Ontario 35 Marty Turco

Defencemen

* Ontario 4 Rob Blake-A
* Alberta 3 Jay Bouwmeester*
* Ontario 52 Adam Foote
* Ontario 24 Bryan McCabe**
* Ontario 44 Chris Pronger-A
* Saskatchewan 6 Wade Redden
* Brazil 28 Robyn Regehr

Forwards

* Ontario 14 Todd Bertuzzi
* Alberta 9 Shane Doan
* Ontario 33 Kris Draper
* Quebec 21 Simon Gagné-A
* Alberta 15 Dany Heatley
* Alberta 12 Jarome Iginla-A
* Quebec 40 Vincent Lecavalier
* Ontario 61 Rick Nash
* PEI 39 Brad Richards
* British Columbia 91 Joe Sakic-C
* Alberta 94 Ryan Smyth
* Quebec 26 Martin St. Louis
* Ontario 97 Joe Thornton

Reserves

* Ontario Dan Boyle***
* Ontario Jason Spezza
* Ontario Eric Staal

-Wikipedia

But I do like Mats Sundin very much. :lol:
Sudden's my favorite.

Is that what Svenska means? Well then how do you say Sweden? I've seen it on jackets before...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sverge or Sverne or something like that, right?
Sverige :D and they're referred to as Tre Kronor :)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
I think its fairly good though, making the semi's with all but one Elitserie players (Swedish league). Though still think our coach shouldn't have turned down the NHL stars who wanted to come. Don't really wanna watch the guy make a point.

Good game by Canada though, will be a sweet final. :)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I think its fairly good though, making the semi's with all but one Elitserie players (Swedish league). Though still think our coach shouldn't have turned down the NHL stars who wanted to come. Don't really wanna watch the guy make a point.

Good game by Canada though, will be a sweet final. :)
Yea, considering there was only one NHL player we did really good. The headline on IIHF's website read "Canada's NHLers vs Sweden's Europeans".

Anyway...Heja Finland!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)