The NHL Thread (45 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #321
    I don't understand this "evidence" for judging a fan. Knowing what the little red lines behind the goal are for makes you a fan, but going to their games does not? I'm glad I'm not a fan, then.

I've been to more than 32 sharks games, and I only started going in 1998/9 :shocked: :D
    Look, Sebastian. Sharks games air live in your area on regular cable... meaning that you can watch them essentially anywhere. That means one that is familiar with Sharks games should be able to tell me what the lines behind the goal are there for, as you have watched enough matches to acknowledge the rule amendments. Only a real fan of hockey would watch as many matches as possible, but if you don't know all the rules... you aren't a real fan in my book. Considering you don't know the rules of hockey, you must not know how exactly your supposed team plays.

I don't give a fuck how many matches you've attended. I've been to 12 baseball games before... does that mean I'm a fan of baseball or the Tigers? Fuck no. For all I know, you could be COKED up fucking one of your little faggot friends in the bathroom during the second period. The number of games you have seen live doesn't exactly matter... like I stated, your parents cover everything and I'm sure you have a free ride to all Sharks games. That means fucking nothing, dude.

But it doesn't really matter. The reason why I started talking shit to you was because you started talking shit to my Wings, but since your supposed team is out, I suppose you can continue not caring about hockey. Like I said, fuck off and go Wings.

Even a great white shark is not strong enough to take down one octopus.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #322
    That, as well as the fact my sharks season tickets cost less than 10% of his university tuition probably does :shifty:
    :howler:

What does that have to do with anything? My college isn't anywhere near Detroit, and any sensible person (that does not take drugs, of course) would agree with me that graduating from a respectable university is more important than attending every Red Wings game. Because, as you should know, the point of an education is so you can make money in the future and buy those Wings tickets once you graduate.

What you just stated makes no sense whatsoever. But hey, apparently coke does screw people up, isn't that right, Sebastian.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #323
    This is your argument for every single thing.
    That's not my argument for every single thing.

For instance, I said you're a heartless little cunt for saying fuck the victims of every tragedy that happens to America. Does that pertain to the wealth of any family? Of course not, dumbass.

Okay, you're a poor little student. We get it. You're right though, it's not evidence for saying someone isn't a fan, but it certainly is for saying someone is. If Seb watches a hell of a lot of games live, then how on earth does he not qualify as a fan?
    You know full well that it's not evidence whatsoever. The only reason why you're siding with Seb is because you hate me.

But honestly, try to deduce this for a minute. If you did not know the obvious rules of football while you supported Juventus, would you seriously take yourself as a die-hard supporter? If you've never really played organized football in your life while not knowing the basic rules of the game, would you seriously consider yourself a "real" fan of football, let alone Juventus? It just doesn't make any sense. Perhaps if you were retarded it would, but no, not in this case.

It's essentially the case of a fair weather fan. We're doing great and we might win the playoffs, so I'm gonna support them during this time. I can guarantee you, if the Sharks were anything like the florida Panthers, Sebi wouldn't care about them at all. That's just typical human nature towards teams that aren't that good.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    :howler:

What does that have to do with anything? My college isn't anywhere near Detroit, and any sensible person (that does not take drugs, of course) would agree with me that graduating from a respectable university is more important than attending every Red Wings game. Because, as you should know, the point of an education is so you can make money in the future and buy those Wings tickets once you graduate.

What you just stated makes no sense whatsoever. But hey, apparently coke does screw people up, isn't that right, Sebastian.
    You can make all the wild accusations you want but the facts are:

1. Your comments about me not being a fan were completely unsupported bullshit

2. Despite whatever you may think of me, I assure you I'll be getting into a better university than penn state :D

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    I'm not sure why you keep referencing COKE, but that's not my problem. Nor do I understand why you keep telling me I'm gay. Nor do I understand what hockey fan-ism has to do with personal insults that are completely unwarranted.

And actually, aside from the playoffs I do pay for my tickets, and I drive there in my car with my gas as well (which i pay for).

I'm done with this discussion though, seeing as the sharks are out (and your team played better, congrats), but I refuse to accept the absolute bullshit you've put out about not being a fan.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #326
    1. Your comments about me not being a fan were completely unsupported bullshit
    so why don't you know the rules completely?

2. Despite whatever you may think of me, I assure you I'll be getting into a better university than penn state :D
    Perhaps that is true overall, but you're shitting yourself if you're breaking it down by majors.

Anybody on this globe knows that Penn State has the best undergrad Meteorology program in the world, and you can check that with any sources you like. That's why I chose Penn State... I always knew I would do something in meteorology. And if you're interested, we are the first university in the world to have an option for weather derivatives, which is a vastly growing industry in the world markets.

So if you want to compare... you will not top me in terms of majors because I attend the best university for meteorology on the planet. Unless you attend Wharton School of Business, you're shit out of luck in terms of this argument. Penn State is the Harvard for my major, but I honestly can't blame you for not knowing that... so don't worry about it.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    That's not my argument for every single thing.

For instance, I said you're a heartless little cunt for saying fuck the victims of every tragedy that happens to America. Does that pertain to the wealth of any family? Of course not, dumbass.

You know full well that it's not evidence whatsoever. The only reason why you're siding with Seb is because you hate me.

But honestly, try to deduce this for a minute. If you did not know the obvious rules of football while you supported Juventus, would you seriously take yourself as a die-hard supporter? If you've never really played organized football in your life while not knowing the basic rules of the game, would you seriously consider yourself a "real" fan of football, let alone Juventus? It just doesn't make any sense. Perhaps if you were retarded it would, but no, not in this case.

It's essentially the case of a fair weather fan. We're doing great and we might win the playoffs, so I'm gonna support them during this time. I can guarantee you, if the Sharks were anything like the florida Panthers, Sebi wouldn't care about them at all. That's just typical human nature towards teams that aren't that good.
    And this post I'll make with a non-aggressive tone:

The sharks were shit for the last 4 years, and I still went to the games. I never said i was a "die-hard fan" i said I was a fan. I don't consider myself amongst the most hardcore sharks supporters at all, I'm just a typical fan that likes watching my local team. I'm sure I know more about the game than 50% of the people in the stadium, and certainly more than all those morons on TV in the Joe who stood up and waved at the camera during play.

I do understand the basic rules, and I do know what the lines are for (keeper protection), I was using that as an example. I don't know all the random technicalities, as I'm sure you don't know every single rule in football either (nor do i, and im a certified ref). I understand the game, the area in hockey where im lacking is the in-depth tactics and just an overall knowledge of all the lesser-known (to me, so mainly eastern conference) teams. I'm sure you can't tell me about the 5th place football team in Latvia's B devision either.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002

The sharks were shit for the last 4 years, and I still went to the games. I never said i was a "die-hard fan" i said I was a fan. I don't consider myself amongst the most hardcore sharks supporters at all, I'm just a typical fan that likes watching my local team. I'm sure I know more about the game than 50% of the people in the stadium, and certainly more than all those morons on TV in the Joe who stood up and waved at the camera during play.

I do understand the basic rules, and I do know what the lines are for (keeper protection), I was using that as an example. I don't know all the random technicalities, as I'm sure you don't know every single rule in football either (nor do i, and im a certified ref). I understand the game, the area in hockey where im lacking is the in-depth tactics and just an overall knowledge of all the lesser-known (to me, so mainly eastern conference) teams. I'm sure you can't tell me about the 5th place football team in Latvia's B devision either.
    I think you mean "tender", not "keeper" :oops:

this isn't soccer Sebi :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #330
    I'm not sure why you keep referencing COKE, but that's not my problem. Nor do I understand why you keep telling me I'm gay. Nor do I understand what hockey fan-ism has to do with personal insults that are completely unwarranted.

And actually, aside from the playoffs I do pay for my tickets, and I drive there in my car with my gas as well (which i pay for).

I'm done with this discussion though, seeing as the sharks are out (and your team played better, congrats), but I refuse to accept the absolute bullshit you've put out about not being a fan.
    Perhaps you should have thought a little more than talking rubbish about my side. It's just that I have never really seen you discuss the Sharks more than saying you're for them... and you have absolutely never shown me that you know much about the sport. That just leads me to believe you're just a fair weather fan without knowing much about the sport, which doesn't make much sense, but still.

To be honest, with all objectivity, the only thing the Sharks lacked was experiance... San Jose played good games and really tested us. But the player who you could have used very much didn't step up... and he was your captain. And if I were you, I would blame that on Ron Wilson for castigating Patty for not playing well during the series.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    so why don't you know the rules completely?

Perhaps that is true overall, but you're shitting yourself if you're breaking it down by majors.

Anybody on this globe knows that Penn State has the best undergrad Meteorology program in the world, and you can check that with any sources you like. That's why I chose Penn State... I always knew I would do something in meteorology. And if you're interested, we are the first university in the world to have an option for weather derivatives, which is a vastly growing industry in the world markets.

So if you want to compare... you will not top me in terms of majors because I attend the best university for meteorology on the planet. Unless you attend Wharton School of Business, you're shit out of luck in terms of this argument. Penn State is the Harvard for my major, but I honestly can't blame you for not knowing that... so don't worry about it.
    I do know all the "basic" rules (as in nothing ever happens that I cant explain). By rules I mean i don't know the specific technicalities, here's an analogy: the type of thing such as in a soccer game when a ball comes off a defender to a player who was offside when it was kicked and doesnt receive the ball until later when he's onside. I don't know shit like that, but I know enough to fully follow the game and support mah niggas.

I couldn't give half a fuck about meteorology. My point was merely that I take "university" just as seriously as you do. If your school is as good as you say it is, good for you. Though if you really want to argue about it, all the calculus and stuff you've gone on about on this forum, I'm doing junior year of highschool :D

But im out to watch the wAARRRIOOORRRS (on this case, i am 100% a bandwagoner) i dont know shit about b ball

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    To be honest, with all objectivity, the only thing the Sharks lacked was experiance... San Jose played good games and really tested us. But the player who you could have used very much didn't step up... and he was your captain. And if I were you, I would blame that on Ron Wilson for castigating Patty for not playing well during the series.
    See, I understand that much already.

What I saw was a very unmotivated sharks team who had all the ability (and particularly physical ability) to do well but just couldnt get it together at the right time. They limit themselves to 10 minutes a game in which they forecheck the other team back to 1999, then lay off and let themselves get raped against the wall. It's like they had no leadership (marleau was absent as you mentioned) and couldnt maintain a collected attitude for a full 20 minutes.

Marleau usually skates his nigga ass in circles around fools, putting in goals at critical times, but decided to smoke varying quantities of opium prior to each game.

Mike Grier was da bossman of the series for the sharks, in mah nigga opinion.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    I think you mean "tender", not "keeper" :oops:

this isn't soccer Sebi :D
    I always get called on that when talking about hockey :D

I consider all people whom spend their time between 2 posts trying to keep out a somewhat round object to be keepers :proud: :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #336

Ohhh boy. Honestly, that's really the most absurd thing I have ever seen you state. For your information, most of the people that hold tickets for Wings games during the playoffs are DIE-HARD Wings and hockey fans... even their 5 year-old sons. Detroit is not labelled hockeytown for no reason, you know.

Do you know how hard it is to obtain tickets for Wings games? You can get Tiger and Lions season tickets combined for less than Wings season tickets, which are not gauranteed whatsoever. Every single person I've met in Detroit, whether family or not, knows more about hockey than anybody else I know. The people that attend the games at the Joe are seriously fans of the club with family tradition passed down from generation to generation... believe me, Ive met enough to know such a fact.

Many of them are middle class citizens, and they sacrifice a lot to attend all our matches. That's what I respect about them... paying overpriced tickets out of their own pocket to support our club. They are Detroiters through and through, and they know more about this sport and my club just as much, if not more than I do.

So like I said, it's not about attending games... it's about doing what you can to support your club no matter what. And believe me, from being at some of the bars I've attended in my native land, there are many true fans who simply cannot afford the cost of attending a Wings game.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    You could've spared yourself typing all that, you misread my post. I didn't mean that all the Detroit fans are idiots, I was referring to the 20 or so people that decided to stand up and face the cameras and start waving during the game. That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Obviously Detroit has a hell of a lot more hockey background than we do, we have fucking palm trees lining the street up to the arena :lol2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)