The NBA Thread (127 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All i know is, that last year, as a rookie, with Embiid out for the last 15 games of the regular season, Simmons was a major catalyst getting them to the 3rd seed last year.

That convinced me.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Watching Simmons right now, I see a higher end version of Lamar Odom. And that is no insult. Odom was one of the most talented big men I have seen in the last 20 years, especially when he was playing at URI which was 40 minutes from my house.

Adding a respectable outside game will put him at where I think his ceiling will be, which is a step shy of Magic. In other words, a hall of fame type player.

Fun fact. There was a USBL team called the Rhode Island Gulls that played in the mid 80's at CCRI in Warwick, which was about 20 minutes from my house. Former players included Manute Bol, Muggsy Bogues, Spud Webb and John Hot Rod Williams. It was a blast watching them play.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Watching Simmons right now, I see a higher end version of Lamar Odom. And that is no insult. Odom was one of the most talented big men I have seen in the last 20 years, especially when he was playing at URI which was 40 minutes from my house.

Adding a respectable outside game will put him at where I think his ceiling will be, which is a step shy of Magic. In other words, a hall of fame type player.

Fun fact. There was a USBL team called the Rhode Island Gulls that played in the mid 80's at CCRI in Warwick, which was about 20 minutes from my house. Former players included Manute Bol, Muggsy Bogues, Spud Webb and John Hot Rod Williams. It was a blast watching them play.
Dude, you grew up in Rhode Island? My Grandpa grew up in Narragansett. Visited my Great Grandpa there a half dozen times when I was young. My Great-Grandpa, Grandpa, and Uncle all went to Brown.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching Gobert's interview about the ASG snub was tough. Dude broke down in tears and walked away. Crazy. I mean, recognition is nice, and it must be frustrating for him as he clearly deserved it, but I wouldn't think the ASG was such a big deal. I guess he mentioned his mom broke down crying about it when talking to him. Probably made him pretty emotional too.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the GSW faggots, Draymond and Iguodola thought it would be a good idea to mock him on twitter for crying. :baus:

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
you mean this?

the next tweet says one player we didnt offer is KCP. imo, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac, (add Hart) and two 1st round picks is a quality offer. but we just started this, cant throw everything at them from the start

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dude, you grew up in Rhode Island? My Grandpa grew up in Narragansett. Visited my Great Grandpa there a half dozen times when I was young. My Great-Grandpa, Grandpa, and Uncle all went to Brown.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching Gobert's interview about the ASG snub was tough. Dude broke down in tears and walked away. Crazy. I mean, recognition is nice, and it must be frustrating for him as he clearly deserved it, but I wouldn't think the ASG was such a big deal. I guess he mentioned his mom broke down crying about it when talking to him. Probably made him pretty emotional too.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course the GSW faggots, Draymond and Iguodola thought it would be a good idea to mock him on twitter for crying. :baus:
Draymond is indeed an annoying punk. I thought Iguodola had more class than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 113)