The NBA Thread (29 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Simmons and Embiid showing why they’re all stars.

There wasn't any doubt that they were. You just know where my concerns lie with Simmons.

- - - Updated - - -

Misses 17 games, is 1 assist shy of a triple double. Good Lord. I just realized they played last night Why the hell am I spending 18.00 per month on League Pass if I can't even stay up to watch the games. :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I agree on Doncic, but as far as Rose? His numbers aren't that great. Yeah, they are great for HIM, considering where he was, but they are not all star worthy numbers.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
There wasn't any doubt that they were. You just know where my concerns lie with Simmons.

- - - Updated - - -

Misses 17 games, is 1 assist shy of a triple double. Good Lord. I just realized they played last night Why the hell am I spending 18.00 per month on League Pass if I can't even stay up to watch the games. :lol:
18 a month? That's more than I pay here in Thailand: kinda odd to be honest. I thought it'd be cheaper in the US. Maybe you guys get more privileges and specials.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
18 a month? That's more than I pay here in Thailand: kinda odd to be honest. I thought it'd be cheaper in the US. Maybe you guys get more privileges and specials.
18 a month, just for the Lakers. I get to watch them on my TV and all devices/game systems though. So that's probably why it costs so much. I'm not buying the whole league pass package to watch Memphis vs Atlanta.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
18 a month, just for the Lakers. I get to watch them on my TV and all devices/game systems though. So that's probably why it costs so much. I'm not buying the whole league pass package to watch Memphis vs Atlanta.
Haha. I have the whole package because the Magic suck, so I don't really watch their games (I'm not getting up @ 6 am to watch them play The Cavs or Hawks).

I do like Inside The NBA and Players Only, so that's a plus.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Half my friends are on suicide watch right now
Hahaha, tell the morons to dream about Zion, Kyrie and Durant

Mavs are officially my 2nd team now lol, they no vaselined Knicks, who loses their franchise talent for saving cap and getting the disappointing DSJ they passed on drafting?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I agree on Doncic, but as far as Rose? His numbers aren't that great. Yeah, they are great for HIM, considering where he was, but they are not all star worthy numbers.
For Instance, how Klay Thompson deserves it more than Derrick? The latter has slightly better numbers in general and more than twice as many votes as Klay.
If they managed to kick Doncic out with that crazy amount of 4.2 million votes, it means they can form teams just like they want to.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Apparently, the Knics plan is to have 2 max slots available. The bigger question is, who are these max guys going to play with?
No bigger question is are you getting Tobias Harris, Kemba or Butler, players that will set your franchise by a decade, or actual superstars (Durant) or close to that level (Kyrie). And answer will be obvious, because no big name who want to contend is getting anything near that mess.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:lol3:

i was watching a shitty stream but fell asleep at halftime. west coast games are just too damn late

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I have the whole pass, its still worth it even if I mainly watch Wolves. But unlike us, you can have the other teams on your national TV, we cant.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Hahaha, tell the morons to dream about Zion, Kyrie and Durant

Mavs are officially my 2nd team now lol, they no vaselined Knicks, who loses their franchise talent for saving cap and getting the disappointing DSJ they passed on drafting?

I still have a soft spot for the Bulls. Their front office though.. catastrophic. It's impossible to understand how the hell do they manage to be so bad at doing their job. A complete irrelevancy. I really believe that some strongest Euroleague teams would be ahead of them in standings. Same goes for Cavs, Knicks, Suns.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
For Instance, how Klay Thompson deserves it more than Derrick? The latter has slightly better numbers in general and more than twice as many votes as Klay.
If they managed to kick Doncic out with that crazy amount of 4.2 million votes, it means they can form teams just like they want to.
I have to be honest. I really don't pay much attention to the all star voting and selections. And I haven't watched an all star game since 1992. I'm not saying it to be rude or anything, but I simply don't care about it.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I have to be honest. I really don't pay much attention to the all star voting and selections. And I haven't watched an all star game since 1992. I'm not saying it to be rude or anything, but I simply don't care about it.
Fair enough. :tup: I just watch highlights myself because watching full games of regular season is sadomasochism.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

That was meant more for zizinho who doesn’t understand how good Simmons really is. 26 points on 10/13

I missed the game tho, passed out at 10:30, these western times suck

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of baseball, how is it that Machado and Harper have not signed with anyone yet. Ina league where every owner is a multi billionaire, and they are basically printing their own money.

I don't get it, man.
I’m not sure what’s going on with baseball. I don’t follow it much but I do know this free agency has been weird.

- - - Updated - - -

The format changed. Two captains get to pick who they want on their team, street ball style. I’m looking forward to it

- - - Updated - - -

No bigger question is are you getting Tobias Harris, Kemba or Butler, players that will set your franchise by a decade, or actual superstars (Durant) or close to that level (Kyrie). And answer will be obvious, because no big name who want to contend is getting anything near that mess.

I think Kemba on another team is a legit superstar.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That was meant more for zizinho who doesn’t understand how good Simmons really is. 26 points on 10/13
i already made the point about the issues with Simmons, and you still havent said anything that suggests otherwise

also, why should he be an allstar? Kemba, Kyrie, Oladipo, Beal, Butler, Lowry deserve it more when looking at guards only (Simmons is listed as one). if you want to have 7 guards, which is unlikely and unusual, then one of Simmons or Russell can make the team

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
i already made the point about the issues with Simmons, and you still havent said anything that suggests otherwise

also, why should he be an allstar? Kemba, Kyrie, Oladipo, Beal, Butler, Lowry deserve it more when looking at guards only (Simmons is listed as one). if you want to have 7 guards, which is unlikely and unusual, then one of Simmons or Russell can make the team
My point is that even if he can’t shoot threes he’s a danger and can control games against big teams.

And no, none of those guys are better than him.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for Kyrie but he is an all star if I’m not mistaken

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
My point is that even if he can’t shoot threes he’s a danger and can control games against big teams.

And no, none of those guys are better than him.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for Kyrie but he is an all star if I’m not mistaken
do you even watch your own team play? Simmons isnt even your primary ball handler in the halfcourt. he plays like Lonzo did when James was still healthy, with one difference. advance the ball up > give it to James/Butler > go stand in the corner (Ball)/go stand underneath the basket (Simmons). this happens in 90% of you halfcourt possessions. so again, if its not transition, Simmons will have as much impact on your teams offense as "name the 1st athletic PF that cant shoot you can think of" would. hes still you 3rd best player, but thats not all star level to me.

Kemba is carrying his team to playoff contention by himself. Oladipo is the best player on the Pacers for 2 seasons now. Beal is carrying the Wizards since Wall went down. they have a winning record in that timespan and hes been balling out of his mind (27-6-6 since then). Butler is on the same team as Simmons and is the better player. Lowry you can question. hes the 2nd best player on the no.2 seed, but Leonard has missed quite a few games so far and the Raptors havent missed a beat. thats on him.

- - - Updated - - -

The only one I'd take ahead of Simmons is Kyrie. That's because Kyrie is All World.
as a talent id want on my team, maybe. but im still taking Beal and Butler over him since they are better players now (and Beal is quite young himself). as a player that deserves to be on the all star team, no. all these guys are having better seasons. id argue Russell as well. they have lost their starting SG and are on pace to make the playoffs, and hes their best player

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)