The NBA Thread (79 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Players can be fined for tampering. Davis actually got fined yesterday but that was more like breach of contract.

Under NBA tampering rules, no player, coach or management person may entice or induce a player under contract with another team to play for his team.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I thought you meant in this forum

What he said was NOT tampering. Stating through your agent or yourself that you wish to be traded is against NBA policy, but it is not considered tamering.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What he said was NOT tampering. Stating through your agent or yourself that you wish to be traded is against NBA policy, but it is not considered tamering.
I said it was more breach of contract. Nevertheless, players can be fined for tampering

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There is a report out there that there have been messages from Davis' camp that any team other than the Lakers that trades for him is basically a 1 year rental.

I know we have heard this before, but the big difference here is that he is with Klutch Sports now.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor Lonzo. His camp is making it sound like New Orleans may as well be Butte, Montana :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Ingram, Zo, Kuzma, Zubac, 1st round pick is the alleged offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Salaries basically match up. New Orleans gets a total rebuild plus a #1 pick.

- - - Updated - - -

That sure is a lot. That is basically our whole youth project. There better fucking be a 3rd superstar coming in the offseason.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
replace Zo with Hart and you have my approval. add another 1st round pick if needed. would hate to see Kuzma go though
Not going to happen. Zo has to be part of the deal. If it means getting a 25 year old franchise player, then see ya Lonzo.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate gviving up Ingram out of all of them. I still think he has the highest ceiling out of the 4.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Not going to happen. Zo has to be part of the deal. If it means getting a 25 year old franchise player, then see ya Lonzo.
if this happens, then i have to question a lot of moves we made up until now the last 2 years. everything we did, was pointing towards getting 2 max free agents. we traded Russell to dump Mozgov, cool, we now have 2 max slots. we let Randle walk, we let T.Bryant walk (it would be hard to predict hed turn into a NBA starter already i admit), we filled the team with 1 year rentals, we stretched Deng (when we didnt have to so early) to free up enough for KDs max even... we didnt get Paul George, but we were looking at 2 better players this summer. and now we trade everyone for AD, so what was the point of all this? and i wouldnt mind trading them all for AD, if before that we get Leonard or Durant in free agency. but like this, were left with 34 year old James, prime AD, and a bunch of journeymen of questionable quality. but lets see how it goes, im giving them the benefit of the doubt if this does go through

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
if this happens, then i have to question a lot of moves we made up until now the last 2 years. everything we did, was pointing towards getting 2 max free agents. we traded Russell to dump Mozgov, cool, we now have 2 max slots. we let Randle walk, we let T.Bryant walk (it would be hard to predict hed turn into a NBA starter already i admit), we filled the team with 1 year rentals, we stretched Deng (when we didnt have to so early) to free up enough for KDs max even... we didnt get Paul George, but we were looking at 2 better players this summer. and now we trade everyone for AD, so what was the point of all this? and i wouldnt mind trading them all for AD, if before that we get Leonard or Durant in free agency. but like this, were left with 34 year old James, prime AD, and a bunch of journeymen of questionable quality. but lets see how it goes, im giving them the benefit of the doubt if this does go through

No. All of our moves was towards getting 3 max level players, not 2. You can't win with just 2.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
but where is the 3rd i ask you? if this happens in the summer, i understand it. if it happens now, im confused

In the summer. Did you honestly think that the Lakers were going to be able to get 3 max level players in 1 season? Nobody can do that. That is impossible.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
In the summer. Did you honestly think that the Lakers were going to be able to get 3 max level players in 1 season? Nobody can do that. That is impossible.
no, i mean this Davis trade. if we do it now, we dont have the capspace for a max contract in the summer. even if Davis ditches his trade kicker and we let go everyone except James and Davis

if we 1st sign the max agent and then trade for AD, that would make more sense

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
no, i mean this Davis trade. if we do it now, we dont have the capspace for a max contract in the summer. even if Davis ditches his trade kicker and we let go everyone except James and Davis

Of course we have the room. How do we not have the room? The max slot that was calculated for this summer was including the contracts of the players that the Lakers are potenitally trading. KCP, Rondo, Beasley, Stephenson, McGee, Chandler are all off the books this summer. How do we not have the room for the 3rd max contract?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think there are rumblings about Irving or Klay joining next year if the Lakers get AD? They are not coming here for the Mid Level Exception

- - - Updated - - -

if we 1st sign the max agent and then trade for AD, that would make more sense
No it does not. Not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

You make the trade, you get AD, and then you have the 3rd slot available in the summer to attract a prime free agent. You want to tell me that people would NOT want to play on a team that has Lebron and AD?

- - - Updated - - -

@Post Ironic, I know you are here. Can you at least chime in please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)