The NBA Thread (24 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The refs in the NFL kicked out the New Orleans Saints by not giving an obvious penalty against them from the Los Angeles Rams. It seems a little far fetched but the people there are nuts when it comes to the Saints.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lakers, Knicks, Bucks, Clippers.

Those are the 4 teams AD would be willing to re-sign with if traded
I dont see how the Knicks and Clippers fit there? Because of capspace for another max?

- - - Updated - - -

The Lakers must be taking on a couple of contracts as well. It's the only thing I can think of. That's nearly 34 million in contracts they are sending to New Orleans. Time to check their roster and salaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Payton and Johnson, maybe? This is too much for my brain right now
Solomon Hill i think. Under contract for 13M next season. NO would want to give us him or Moore imo

- - - Updated - - -

What? We have the cap space for a max contract this summer...

We won't be competitive with the top teams this year regardless, but we'd be right there next year with Lebron - AD - and one other max level player, whoever we surround them with.

TO be honest, I'd prefer we wait until summer and see how our young players develop this year. If two of Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Zubac turn into something special, and the other two remain as low-end top players, add one max free agent shooter like Klay this summer and that's a great young team.

Ingram has been playing some great basketball the past few weeks (last thing for him is to gain some muscle mass next summer, legs way too skinny), and Ball was playing his best ball yet before his injury. I'd love to see them get more time here to develop. Magic and Bron need to be a little patient.
I agree, summer would be ideal. Also we might be able to keep one of the 2 maybe. What CR7 wrote above is essentialy Zo, Kuz, BI, 2 1sts and salary filler. Now, is an offer of BI, Kuz, Zu, Hart, Moe and say 3-4 1st round picks that much worse? It seems like they determined AD as their go after guy, which is fine, but it would be good if we wait. 1. We keep the 38M if KD wants to come. 2. Even if he doesent, we can give 32M to Kawhi or Kyrie (or Klay, Butler, Boogie if hes back to 100%) 3. We then make the same offer for AD 4. Bonus, if we find a deal good enough to keep Ball, we arent left with AD and eventual 2nd max alone, once 34 year old James is gone

- - - Updated - - -

If Boston is willing to give Tatum for a potential one year rental, we have the 2nd best offer. But it might turn out good for them if Kyrie stays and they go to the finals with AD

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I dont see how the Knicks and Clippers fit there? Because of capspace for another max?

- - - Updated - - -

Solomon Hill i think. Under contract for 13M next season. NO would want to give us him or Moore imo

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, summer would be ideal. Also we might be able to keep one of the 2 maybe. What CR7 wrote above is essentialy Zo, Kuz, BI, 2 1sts and salary filler. Now, is an offer of BI, Kuz, Zu, Hart, Moe and say 3-4 1st round picks that much worse? It seems like they determined AD as their go after guy, which is fine, but it would be good if we wait. 1. We keep the 38M if KD wants to come. 2. Even if he doesent, we can give 32M to Kawhi or Kyrie (or Klay, Butler, Boogie if hes back to 100%) 3. We then make the same offer for AD 4. Bonus, if we find a deal good enough to keep Ball, we arent left with AD and eventual 2nd max alone, once 34 year old James is gone

- - - Updated - - -

If Boston is willing to give Tatum for a potential one year rental, we have the 2nd best offer. But it might turn out good for them if Kyrie stays and they go to the finals with AD
Knicks have cap space for two max players this summer. Apparently up to $74.6 mil can be freed up. So if they were to get the No 1 pick, plus Dallas 1st rounders in 2021 and 2023 I believe, they'd be able to offer Zion, two 1st rounders, Dennis Smith Jr, and some of their other young players.

It really depends on how much of a generational talent NO front office sees Zion as. Because if they see him as the next Lebron/whatever other superstar you want to insert here, that might just be the best offer for them. Zion is probably the highest ceiling player available in any of these trades, assuming Knicks get No1 (14% chance or whatever). Dude has a higher ceiling than Tatum by far.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How about you're just reaching here, Aaron.
Lol reaching? Davis changes agency to Lebron run agency and suddenly media pimp him to Lakers for months and Davis only wants to join Lakers. How naive does one have to be to not see the quite probable manipulating behind the scenes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Knicks have cap space for two max players this summer. Apparently up to $74.6 mil can be freed up. So if they were to get the No 1 pick, plus Dallas 1st rounders in 2021 and 2023 I believe, they'd be able to offer Zion, two 1st rounders, Dennis Smith Jr, and some of their other young players.

It really depends on how much of a generational talent NO front office sees Zion as. Because if they see him as the next Lebron/whatever other superstar you want to insert here, that might just be the best offer for them. Zion is probably the highest ceiling player available in any of these trades, assuming Knicks get No1 (14% chance or whatever). Dude has a higher ceiling than Tatum by far.
I just checked and youre right. They got rid of all their big contracts in the Porzingis trade and now have only Ntklina, Smith, Knox, Robinson (four U21 kids) under guaranteed contracts next season. Add to that the no.1 pick if they get it, and thats around 23M in salaries they can send out for Davis on those 5 players alone. Before that they can sign KD even (38M), and/or one of/two of Kyrie, Kawhi, Klay, Butler (32,7M). You are potentially looking at a big 3 here, where atleast 2 of the 3 are in their primes. But they would need some luck here, getting a top3 pick atleast, and NO viewing that pick as the most valuable asset acquirable. Hats off if they can do it

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol reaching? Davis changes agency to Lebron run agency and suddenly media pimp him to Lakers for months and Davis only wants to join Lakers. How naive does one have to be to not see the quite probable manipulating behind the scenes.

How is that tampering by the Lakers organization, though. That's my point

- - - Updated - - -

New Orleans wants 4 first round picks and 4 2nd round picks, in addition to lonzo, Ingram, kuzma.

Fuck that. Walk away.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How is that tampering by the Lakers organization, though. That's my point

- - - Updated - - -

New Orleans wants 4 first round picks and 4 2nd round picks, in addition to lonzo, Ingram, kuzma.

Fuck that. Walk away.
Absolutely.

I don't even agree with shipping Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac/Hart and 2 firsts.

I like our young guys. AD is great, don't get me wrong, but the upside of a line-up with Lebron-Kuzma/Ingram-Zubac starting front court, with Lonzo + elite SG (Klay, Butler, etc) backcourt, and then Ingram/Kuzma as 6th man of the year type player is just too high to scuttle it completely and have a big three that we gutted the entire team for and ended up with no depth at all, and relying veteran minimum contracts,.

Let Boston or New York mortgage everything to get him. I'd prefer we didn't.

2 of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma + Zubac + 2 first should be the absolute max we offer.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I just hope Jeanie steps in and doesn't allow Magic's ego to take over. That trade is 1 crippling injury from setting the franchise back for a decade

- - - Updated - - -

Talks of a KCP Jabari parker swap. I have no idea how that benefits anyone

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This was the Lakers' final offer for AD, and to be honest, I don't know what else they could have done

Lonzo
hart
ingram
Kuzma
Zubac
KCP

2 1st round picks.

Just walk away. Its obvious the Pelicans have no intentions of making a trade with Los Angeles.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I say you sign Cousins on cheaper 20-25m deal (if no one offers more), sign another max, doubt its gonna be a superstar, but another all star. And keep all the kids. Maybe trade Ingram if the 3rd star is a wing (and because Ingram is a mess most times I see him).

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
This was the Lakers' final offer for AD, and to be honest, I don't know what else they could have done

Lonzo
hart
ingram
Kuzma
Zubac
KCP

2 1st round picks.

Just walk away. Its obvious the Pelicans have no intentions of making a trade with Los Angeles.
They went full retard, I see.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I say you sign Cousins on cheaper 20-25m deal (if no one offers more), sign another max, doubt its gonna be a superstar, but another all star. And keep all the kids. Maybe trade Ingram if the 3rd star is a wing (and because Ingram is a mess most times I see him).

Ingram is looking a lot better over the last month. Before that, by far the most disappointing young player so far this year on the team. If he can keep developing on his play from January, I’m still excited about his potential.

He really needs to put on 10-20lbs of muscle though. His legs are toothpicks. He’s very athletic, has great length, and is a good defender... but he’s also very easy to physically bully on the court, especially by aggressive defenders.

- - - Updated - - -

Lonzo
hart
ingram
Kuzma
Zubac
KCP

2 1st round picks.

Even this trade would have been retarded. That’s far more than anyone else is going to offer for AD. My bet is that AD goes for significantly less than this to someone else in the summer... there’s just way too much pressure right now in the league to not do anything beneficial for the Lakers.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Ingram has improved quite a bit in the past month. He's playing more to his strength, which is shooting from the elbow and driving to the rim. It's no coincidence that his shooting % has jumped significantly in January.

- - - Updated - - -

I still say that Ingram hs the highest ceiling out of all of them. And can we please remember that he is still just 21? His numbers are getting better every year.

- - - Updated - - -

And I wouldn't sign Cousins at 20-25 million if Zubac keeps improving the way he does. They need a shooter more than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Ingram averaged 19/6/4 on 51% shooting from the field in January. Kid is getting better.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You seriously think what Zubac shown is enough to say no to Cousins, who not long ago was the best big in the league? He should be good bang for the buck now that he looks healthyish.

And yeah Ingram should be the most talented amongst your core, but he is too much of ball stopper whenever I seen him (thinks he can handle the ball and ISOed too much), cant faciliate like he thinks, when Lebron isn't playing. And when Lebron is playing Ingram seems to be bad fit for the team.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ingram has improved quite a bit in the past month. He's playing more to his strength, which is shooting from the elbow and driving to the rim. It's no coincidence that his shooting % has jumped significantly in January.

- - - Updated - - -

I still say that Ingram hs the highest ceiling out of all of them. And can we please remember that he is still just 21? His numbers are getting better every year.

- - - Updated - - -

And I wouldn't sign Cousins at 20-25 million if Zubac keeps improving the way he does. They need a shooter more than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Ingram averaged 19/6/4 on 51% shooting from the field in January. Kid is getting better.
Klay would be ideal.

We have a damn good front court for next year with Lebron, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac, plus rotation pieces. All the young guys will be better, and I’m sure we can find pieces like McGee to add around them. Plus we will see what Moritz Wagner and Svi can add as depth off the bench in their second years.

A star that’s a 3 point shooter beside Lonzo in the backcourt would be ideal. Klay first and foremost, Jimmy Butler next. I really really like Khris Middleton, if he can be signed on less than a max deal, leaving some space for other signings.

And then there’s the option of a scoring PG like Kemba Walker or Kyrie.

Or of course best players available, Durant or Kawhi, which if there is interest you sign regardless of positional need.

I’m sure we will get someone that improves us a lot. And this is the path I hope the franchise takes. None of this mortgaging everything for AD nonsense.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You seriously think what Zubac shown is enough to say no to Cousins, who not long ago was the best big in the league? He should be good bang for the buck now that he looks healthyish.

And yeah Ingram should be the most talented amongst your core, but he is too much of ball stopper whenever I seen him (thinks he can handle the ball and ISOed too much), cant faciliate like he thinks, when Lebron isn't playing. And when Lebron is playing Ingram seems to be bad fit for the team.

For 20-25 million, I would say no at that point. Zubac has shown that he is a big man that can start in this league, and isn't the type of Center where he just gets garbage buckets. You can draw up plays for him down low, and he's decent off the pick and roll. He will most likely never reach Cousins level, but he can still be a good center in this league

They need at least one shooter. That is their most glaring weakness right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)