The NBA Thread (25 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@CR 7 @zizinho

Love this trade. Bullock is perfect for the team right now. And his contract expires at the end of the season, so perfect for freeing up cap space if needed. We aren't making a move that's going to win us a title before deadline, but this will help us into the playoffs, and at least put a decent showing in. Much needed 3 and D, that Svi just wasn't showing yet, unfortunately.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...zling-reggie-bullock-for-svi-mykhailiuk-swap/

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@ALC

Nice move for Harris. Your starting 5 is beastly now. Best starting 5 in the league outside GSW. But man, you guys have to do something about that bench or it's going to get destroyed. You fix the bench, you've got a legitimate shot at a championship.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
@ALC

Nice move for Harris. Your starting 5 is beastly now. Best starting 5 in the league outside GSW. But man, you guys have to do something about that bench or it's going to get destroyed. You fix the bench, you've got a legitimate shot at a championship.
Wow, yeah. I’m happy and sad at once. Gonna miss Shamet a lot, dude had potential. Seems like a bit of an overpay but it’s worth it for a chip. Hopefully they can pick up some players on the minimum. Brewer was let go, I thought he was a decent backup.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Clippers are going to get AD in my opinion. That 2021 Miami pick is an incredible asset to get in that trade

And that 76ers starting 5 is scary. You literally cannot double team anyone when they are on the floor

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We now have the issue of having the whole roster knowing they were up for trade, can't be a great situation in the locker room.
It won't be, until the trade deadline is over. Even then, who knows how it affects these guys. Lottery, here we come. Things were looking so good up until the beginning of the year, too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Philly trades to improve their starting lineups with Butler and now a stud like Harris have them realizing something some teams dont want to realize about themselves: No major FA star is gonna come to you, so no point waiting around saving capspace, be trade proactive instead. Jerry West is smart for getting this haul for Harris that would asked for max level deal, but still kinda a shame because he would been a good 2nd or 3rd star to have (if he was willing to sign for lower then max, he already refused).

The 2020 Philly 1st will be hella low and not worth much, but that Miami unprotected 2021st can be a hella game changer, prolly gonna be a top 5-10ish pick in a year where Highschoolers will probably join the deep draft. So might be slight overpay, but then again, with this starting 5, and hopefully for them a healthy Zaire becoming something more (yeah no point mentionning Fulltz), plus minimum contender chasing vets. Who knows, they should ball out. Now with Harris great outside shooting, they wont live and die by Simmons refusal to shoot anymore in playoffs.

P.S Mike Scott is better then Muscala and similar to Chandler, so thats aight, and lol Boban bromance with Tobias, he litterally has to tag along everywhere he goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Lance is a fucking moron :sergio::p

- - - Updated - - -

I LOVE THE NBA :rofl:

Pacer fans are straight up savages haha, they didnt spear Mcgee either:

Couple that with the meme from same game, of Lebron sitting 3 of empty sits from closest teammate, like they avoiding him (its not, but looks funny), it makes for a funny "wholesome" team environment right now.

fixd0t440ve21.jpg

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah Tobias Harris is really perfect for you, him and JJ shooting lights out from perimeter, while Butler is slashing, and Embiid under the rim, litterally no one they can double team, mismatches everywhere for Simmons to feed on.

The prospect is so exciting I might start a 2k season with Sixers.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah Tobias Harris is really perfect for you, him and JJ shooting lights out from perimeter, while Butler is slashing, and Embiid under the rim, litterally no one they can double team, mismatches everywhere for Simmons to feed on.

The prospect is so exciting I might start a 2k season with Sixers.
Now I need to decide which game to go to. Maybe a Boston one

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@CR 7 @zizinho

Love this trade. Bullock is perfect for the team right now. And his contract expires at the end of the season, so perfect for freeing up cap space if needed. We aren't making a move that's going to win us a title before deadline, but this will help us into the playoffs, and at least put a decent showing in. Much needed 3 and D, that Svi just wasn't showing yet, unfortunately.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...zling-reggie-bullock-for-svi-mykhailiuk-swap/

It's not even going to matter. The only way that the Lakers make the playoffs now is if the Clippers don't turn around and trade assets (Aside from Miami's 2021 pick they really have nothing now) for Anthony Davis.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Do you want to know what REALLY pisses me the fuck off?

When Jimmy Butler, Kristaps Porzingis, and Tobias Harris got traded, all of which were major trades, how much information was leaked to the media prior to it?

If you said "NONE", you win the internet for today. They were all stealth in comparison to what the fuck is going on now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Besides Butler drama, non of these trades were very public trade me now scenarios, so it was easier to do it on downlow. And even with Butler the scenario was real that he may be traded well into latter half the season, not when he was.

Basically not only is AD way bigger name/player (true franchise name unlike other mentionned), he and his agent also made it more difficult by being oppositional to their team. And who knows, maybe we will se a lowkey destination non of us expected?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Besides Butler drama, non of these trades were very public trade me now scenarios, so it was easier to do it on downlow. And even with Butler the scenario was real that he may be traded well into latter half the season, not when he was.

Basically not only is AD way bigger name/player (true franchise name unlike other mentionned), he and his agent also made it more difficult by being oppositional to their team. And who knows, maybe we will se a lowkey destination non of us expected?
All we knew about Butler was that he was on the trade block. There were rumors about Houston, adn trying to get pieces to wok, but Philadelphia literally swooped in at the 11th hour and got it done. NOBODY saw that coming. There were no trade proposals leaked, nothing. Boom, the trade was done. The same with the other two deals.

The fucking sad thing is that this happened to the Cavaliers last year too. To the day. They got ruined in the first few games once all these names and rumors started popping up. But the big difference here is that it looks like most, if not all of the young Lakers whose names have popped up are going to be staying. Now we are supposed to expect these kids to play their asses off for a team that obviously had no issue with their names being bandied about in every single trade scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

I am so fucking distressed about what is going on, and I don't even know how much blame needs to be placed on the guilty parties. I'll tell you this. I'm not blaming these kids. No way. They had nothing to do with this.

- - - Updated - - -

If this was the price to get Lebron here, I wish they would have never paid it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
All we knew about Butler was that he was on the trade block. There were rumors about Houston, adn trying to get pieces to wok, but Philadelphia literally swooped in at the 11th hour and got it done. NOBODY saw that coming. There were no trade proposals leaked, nothing. Boom, the trade was done. The same with the other two deals.

The fucking sad thing is that this happened to the Cavaliers last year too. To the day. They got ruined in the first few games once all these names and rumors started popping up. But the big difference here is that it looks like most, if not all of the young Lakers whose names have popped up are going to be staying. Now we are supposed to expect these kids to play their asses off for a team that obviously had no issue with their names being bandied about in every single trade scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

I am so fucking distressed about what is going on, and I don't even know how much blame needs to be placed on the guilty parties. I'll tell you this. I'm not blaming these kids. No way. They had nothing to do with this.

- - - Updated - - -

If this was the price to get Lebron here, I wish they would have never paid it.
Dude, relax a little. Even Kobe was out there saying the Lakers needed to probe an AD trade to see if they could make it work. Players get put on the trading block all the time. And everything here is rumour thus far. We have no idea what we actually offered. Nor is it some major affront to a young player to part of an offer for one of the best players in the league.

These young players need to use this as incentive to improve, to show that they can be star players and part of a winning team. If they can’t do this, then they don’t belong in this franchise regardless. A little hiccup like this should be nothing but motivation.

Relax a little... smell the roses... we’re on the up and over the disaster of the last few years, and we’re only 7 years removed from the last of our 5 championships in the last 18 years. There’s no reason to get so upset by this already.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Dude, relax a little. Even Kobe was out there saying the Lakers needed to probe an AD trade to see if they could make it work. Players get put on the trading block all the time. And everything here is rumour thus far. We have no idea what we actually offered. Nor is it some major affront to a young player to part of an offer for one of the best players in the league.

These young players need to use this as incentive to improve, to show that they can be star players and part of a winning team. If they can’t do this, then they don’t belong in this franchise regardless. A little hiccup like this should be nothing but motivation.

Relax a little... smell the roses... we’re on the up and over the disaster of the last few years, and we’re only 7 years removed from the last of our 5 championships in the last 18 years. There’s no reason to get so upset by this already.

Please go back to the aforementioned trades and tell me how far in advance there were names thrown out there. Please do. And compare that to what is going on here. It doesn't matter if those proposals are true or not if the front office doesn't comment on it.

This front office has handled things very badly on this, in my opinion. They did nothing to quell any of these rumors. And the big difference here is that it is obviously apparent that this front office only cares about making Lebron happy. Were these offers made up? They didn't come from some random dude on the internet. They came from respected journalists who work for both teams.

- - - Updated - - -

But let's play this little game.

Let's say, in a pie in the sky world, the Lakers give up all their young assets and multiple1st round picks for AD. They then have the money to sign, let's say Kyrie Irving.

Who plays with them? A bunch of mid 30 somethings for the veteran minimum?

Would you take those 3 plus a couple of veteran minimum guys over what Philadelphia could potentially have for the next few years, considering they want to keep both Butler and Harris?

It's not even close to as good.

And let's not forget that we would have thrown our entire future away for maybe 1 championship. Maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

When the Lakers signed Lebron, my hope was that another free agent would come the following season to not only play with him, but these young kids as well. To do what Golden State did, which quite frankly is the best way to do it. But that is not what this front office is looking to do. Not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

And Skip Bayless, of all people, just nailed it perfectly.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That’s the territory that comes with Lebron, dude attracts a toxic atmosphere like KD said in a press conference.

But Magic is "supposed" to be a strong presence. Or does that only count towards the kids? It's no secret that this has been the modus operandi of Lebron and his camp for what seems like decades now, but Magic knew this going in.

And what is really depressing about this is that not only is Lebron and Rich Paul now apparently driving the Lakers Bus, but with these leaks,. its basically Lebron saying that he doesn't want to play with any of these guys. I'm sorry, some people can talk about these kids "sucking it up", but it would be different if it was the team saying it. Instead, it is pretty obvious that it is one of their own teammates, a teammate that most of these kids have grown up idolizing, saying, in his usual passive aggressive way "I don't want you here."

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
But Magic is "supposed" to be a strong presence. Or does that only count towards the kids? It's no secret that this has been the modus operandi of Lebron and his camp for what seems like decades now, but Magic knew this going in.

And what is really depressing about this is that not only is Lebron and Rich Paul now apparently driving the Lakers Bus, but with these leaks,. its basically Lebron saying that he doesn't want to play with any of these guys. I'm sorry, some people can talk about these kids "sucking it up", but it would be different if it was the team saying it. Instead, it is pretty obvious that it is one of their own teammates, a teammate that most of these kids have grown up idolizing, saying, in his usual passive aggressive way "I don't want you here."
I agree with you, it’s a shit way to run a team. More so if you’re looking to develop rather than win now. In Cleveland they sucked it up because they didn’t know any better and saw results.

I saw some of the highlights from the Pacers game and the entire team looks affected. That retard Lance even left a young guy hanging and didn’t offer to pick him up off the floor. Can’t think of a worse environment in the NBA right now. Unfortunately Lebron is not a good leader until it comes to winning where he leads by example. Not to mention Luke Walton turning into Luke Warm. Lebron has too much power and the Lakers got blinded by the flash.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I agree with you, it’s a shit way to run a team. More so if you’re looking to develop rather than win now. In Cleveland they sucked it up because they didn’t know any better and saw results.

I saw some of the highlights from the Pacers game and the entire team looks affected. That retard Lance even left a young guy hanging and didn’t offer to pick him up off the floor. Can’t think of a worse environment in the NBA right now. Unfortunately Lebron is not a good leader until it comes to winning where he leads by example. Not to mention Luke Walton turning into Luke Warm. Lebron has too much power and the Lakers got blinded by the flash.

And I think that any rational Lakers fan knew that this year was not going to be the year to be competing for the title. But what were expecting was a playoff caliber team where lebron and these kids would grow into playing with one another., and then start making a push next year.

Instead, it appears as if this whole fucking thing has now been sabotaged from within.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)