The NBA Thread (83 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was traded for off the court reasons. You know that.
True, but also because he wasnt enough of a playmaker and solid all around game/D capability. He's shooting is fantastic tho, but it wasnt prolly enough for Magic to lead the team. But in hindsight an all offensive fantastic 3pt shooting PG like him is exactly the kind that would fit Lebron right now over Ball's style.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh yeah the Wiggins crutch yet again, thats a biggest sign of you realizing how hopeless you feel the Lakers young talents are in leading the franchise anywhere, when you predictably try to deflect to Wiggins.
The point is that you continually act like you're the bringer of knowledge and facts about the young Lakers core. You don't express an opinion, you try to say "absolute optimistic" best for them is 2nd-3rd option types, but more likely high-end role players.

But you've been wrong before quite obviously, and can be again. So maybe don't act like you know the absolutely ceiling of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma better than anyone.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pascal Siakam? Dude is 24 years old now, and this is the first year where he has shown any improvement

Late bloomer, he started playing organised ball in late teens apparently. But despite the age, he is a fantastic player, All star calibre this season. Defenitely take him over Ingram currently in a trade deal value.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The point is that you continually act like you're the bringer of knowledge and facts about the young Lakers core. You don't express an opinion, you try to say "absolute optimistic" best for them is 2nd-3rd option types, but more likely high-end role players.

But you've been wrong before quite obviously, and can be again. So maybe don't act like you know the absolutely ceiling of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma better than anyone.

I responded to a post which litterally said non of the lakers talents arent enough so far, arent star level or franchise moving level youngsters (unlike those in Philly or other teams). I litterally never discussed Wiggins in this thread, and been frustrated with him for long time, despite his high athleticism and offensive spark at times. But he is a prime example of the dangerous pit of being fooled by youngsters potential, its only when he gotten a near max deal people started to turn on him. I await to see how rosy you will sound when Ingram gets a near Max deal by you (or most likely right now in rumours, another team gives him that).

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Siakam is late-bloomer at 24 and fantastic player... but Ball and Ingram, it's already known they have only high-end role player potential at 21. :baus:
And mind you that Siakam is playing in the East. The same East that he so freely disparaged when I mentioned that Russell was now an all star.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Siakam is late-bloomer at 24 and fantastic player... but Ball and Ingram, it's already known they have only high-end role player potential at 21. :baus:

Siakam is not considered big talent, he is essentially a more athletic Draymond Green type, elite role player type. He was picked 27th in the draft, the expectations for him, which he is basically exceeding already, is MUCH different from talked up nr 2 picks (picks you are supposed to use game changing talents on) who have been really underwhelming in their 2nd and 3rd years in the league, to put it midlly. You see the difference right, or you wanna keep it up?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I responded to a post which litterally said non of the lakers talents arent enough so far, arent star level or franchise moving level youngsters (unlike those in Philly or other teams). I litterally never discussed Wiggins in this thread, and been frustrated with him for long time, despite his high athleticism and offensive spark at times. But he is a prime example of the dangerous pit of being fooled by youngsters potential, its only when he gotten a near max deal people started to turn on him. I await to see how rosy you will sound when Ingram gets a near Max deal by you (or most likely right now in rumours, another team gives him that).
I like your opinions mostly in this thread, but I do thank you have a strong tendency to discredit and underrate Lakers young talents. All of us who watch the Laker's near every game, see fantastic potential, and lots of improvement from them. They need consistency, but that should come with age. Where they max out is anyone's guess. Ingram's 36 point game the other day, had him looking like an unstoppable beast. Ball, before his injury was looking a brilliant playmaking guard, with all-nba defence potential, and an improving shot. Kuzma looks like an elite scorer, if a little one-dimensional.

Will they get there? Will they have the right coach to develop? Will the Lakers have patience? Will Lebron wreck this team? All questions to ask... But they certainly have the potential.

And if Ingram flatlines and doesn't get any better than this over the next 18 months, like Wiggins, amongst others, then, yes, I won't be rosy on him going into 2021 season if that occurs. Which is entirely fair, is it not? But both him and Ball, have the rest of this year and next certainly to show me just what they can be before I dismiss them as high-end role players.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
And mind you that Siakam is playing in the East. The same East that he so freely disparaged when I mentioned that Russell was now an all star.

The East allstar talent pool consideration is weaker, but all star or not, the impact Siakam has had this season is beyond most young players in his conference. Kawhi goes down and rest for like 4 games straight, and and Lowry has become a bum, and its essentially an unexpected Siakam is taking over the load in those games. They are more team effort driven in wins more then anything, but defenitely Siakam has impacted them in real ways this season.

This is supposed to be a defensive role player wing who is supposed to be the quiet type, and he was doing this against essentially the team with the best record in the league:

He is really performing like an allstar.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And so is Russell. My point is why disparage one player who actually made the all star team, yet hype up another who you feel should be there, when they are both in the same conference

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I like your opinions mostly in this thread, but I do thank you have a strong tendency to discredit and underrate Lakers young talents. All of us who watch the Laker's near every game, see fantastic potential, and lots of improvement from them. They need consistency, but that should come with age. Where they max out is anyone's guess. Ingram's 36 point game the other day, had him looking like an unstoppable beast. Ball, before his injury was looking a brilliant playmaking guard, with all-nba defence potential, and an improving shot. Kuzma looks like an elite scorer, if a little one-dimensional.

Will they get there? Will they have the right coach to develop? Will the Lakers have patience? Will Lebron wreck this team? All questions to ask... But they certainly have the potential.

And if Ingram flatlines and doesn't get any better than this over the next 18 months, like Wiggins, amongst others, then, yes, I won't be rosy on him going into 2021 season if that occurs. Which is entirely fair, is it not? But both him and Ball, have the rest of this year and next certainly to show me just what they can be before I dismiss them as high-end role players.

Ofcourse they have potential and time to improve, but litterally its my impression of them so far, nothing more. Which I dont think has been enough and doesnt show enough promise for future to justify it to this date. I'm most pleasantly suprised by Kuzma, which is why I rarely mention him here, but the other 2, especially Ingram, have defenitely alot of improvement to do since I expected much more, despite the young age. Atleast with Ball you know if he cant shoot he does most of other things well. Tho its NOT a criticism to say Ball isnt a franchise level talent, he simply isnt, high end elite role player is a compliment to him, because it has to take huge strides offensively to elevate to real star level IMO.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And so is Russell. My point is why disparage one player who actually made the all star team, yet hype up another who you feel should be there, when they are both in the same conference
Look at James Harden... Drafted 3rd overall, shot 40% from the field in his first year, 9.9 pts - 1.8 assists in 23 mpg his first year as 20 yr old. 2nd year, at 21 improves a bit to 43.6% shooting, 35% from 3, and 12.2 ppg in 27 mpg.

Ingram and Ball have easily shown as much in their pre-21 seasons as Harden did. Going by the standards Ball and Ingram being held to, Harden was major flop those two years.

At 22 Harden becomes 6th man of the year type player in his 3rd season for OKC, and then OKC trades him thinking he's maxed out his potential or close to, and look at the monster he has turned into today.

There's no way to say Ball and Ingram can't develop in the 2-4 years into something special.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ofcourse they have potential and time to improve, but litterally its my impression of them so far, nothing more. Which I dont think has been enough and doesnt show enough promise for future to justify it to this date. I'm most pleasantly suprised by Kuzma, which is why I rarely mention him here, but the other 2, especially Ingram, have defenitely alot of improvement to do since I expected much more, despite the young age. Atleast with Ball you know if he cant shoot he does most of other things well. Tho its NOT a criticism to say Ball isnt a franchise level talent, he simply isnt, high end elite role player is a compliment to him, because it has to take huge strides offensively to elevate to real star level IMO.
That's a fair enough opinion. My opinion is we haven't seen enough of him to know. I could easily see him turn into a 20-8-10 type player in the next 2-4 years as he takes over full-time playmaking responsibilities and grows into his shot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Because there are differences between players and conferences? Siakam is higher impact player in a contender due to his skillset. I already said he is an excellent offensive PG, but differentiating the talent differences across conferences is hardly disparaging. Fact of the matter is as a guard/PG, a much more demanding and stacked position then PF (barely any qualiry PFs around in league lol) he isnt close to absolute best in his position out west, he is an allstar because the competition is less in East. Its Kemba, Kyrie and Simmons who are elite PGs for me in East, while west have PGs they arent calling up even who are better then most in East. For example Lowry is an ABSOLUTE joke this season, but he is still in Allstar, because he is in the east. Conley is much better then him this season, but he is going to finish his career without an allstar nod (unless he is traded to East soon), because he has Curry, westbrook, harden, Klay, Lillard, Chris Paul etc and etc ahead of him. There is a difference, why is pointing it out a big deal?

P.S For example Tobias Harris having career year, but he had no hope making allstar in West. At this current level, he will make it in his sleep in East. Having your career year in East is good for your contract bonus checks for allstar. Another example, Doncic, a rookie that screams allstar already, one of the most impressive franchise level talent in long time. But he couldnt make it in the West (IMO he should have, BS). Would been an after thought in East with how clutch he is being.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Lonzo can get to 15 ppg., he will be this generation's Jason Kidd. And I will absolutely take that any day of the week.
He'll get to 15 ppg easy. While Lebron was out he was averaging 12.9 ppg - 7.3 apg. And those numbers will only go up as he grows more confident.

- - - Updated - - -

His shot went up 4.6%, 3 pt shot up 2.4% from 1st year to second.

I also showed a while ago in this thread, that his finishing at the rim has improved something like 12% this year from last. And while he still needs to drive more, he's already driving a lot more than in his first year.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Because there are differences between players? Siakam is higher impact player in a contender due to his skillset. I already said he is an excellent offensive PG, but differentiating the talent differences across conferences is hardly disparaging. Fact of the matter is as a guard/PG, a much more demanding and stacked position then PF (barely any qualiry PFs around in league lol) he isnt close to absolute best in his position out west, he is an allstar because the competition is less in East. Its Kemba, Kyrie and Simmons who are elite PGs for me in East, while west have PGs they arent calling up even who are better then most in East. For example Lowry is an ABSOLUTE joke this season, but he is still in Allstar, because he is in the east. Conley is much better then him this season, but he is going to finish his career without an allstar nod (unless he is traded to East soon), because he has Curry, westbrook, harden, Klay, Lillard, Chris Paul etc and etc ahead of him. There is a difference, why is pointing it out a big deal?
The point is that you are using the east as a barometer.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
For all the players who started slow and turned out to be Harden or Oladipo or etc, there’s hundreds more who turned into shit or are out of the NBA. I think it’s fair what Osman is saying in that none of the Lakers young core has shown the star potential you see in most stars when they’re rookies. Hence why the Lakers would need to give up all of them to get AD.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
For all the players who started slow and turned out to be Harden or Oladipo or etc, there’s hundreds more who turned into shit or are out of the NBA. I think it’s fair what Osman is saying in that none of the Lakers young core has shown the star potential you see in most stars when they’re rookies. Hence why the Lakers would need to give up all of them to get AD.
What star quality did you see in Oladipo as a rookie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 77)