The NBA Thread (52 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Only ones that should be off limits for any of these interested teams are Embiid, Simmons and Tatum.

Everyone else, give your whole team if necessary to get insane quality like Kawhi.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Only ones that should be off limits for any of these interested teams are Embiid, Simmons and Tatum.

Everyone else, give your whole team if necessary to get insane quality like Kawhi.

Not to the point of gutting your roster for someone on the last year of their contract.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Thank you Osman, thank you.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

have you seen Kawhi last year? if yes, tell me how was he?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here is what scares me.

Boston was only able to accomplish winning a championship once with a "Big 3"

Miami won a couple, but once that was broken up, the became what they are now.

If every team wants to aspire to what the Golden State Warriors are, then you follow their plan.

Draft well, and then make a big free agent signing. Hell, they won a title BEFORE KD got there. Their core (Steph,Kaly,Draymond) are all as a result of good drafting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Here is what scares me.

Boston was only able to accomplish winning a championship once with a "Big 3"

Miami won a couple, but once that was broken up, the became what they are now.

If every team wants to aspire to what the Golden State Warriors are, then you follow their plan.

Draft well, and then make a big free agent signing. Hell, they won a title BEFORE KD got there. Their core (Steph,Kaly,Draymond) are all as a result of good drafting.
add Iguodala in there, and some others as well. they had insane depth before KD, but point still stands. assembling big 3s in their primes in one summer is to compete in short windows, 3-4 years (Boston was 5 before trading Allen iirc) before they break up. and since the 3 eat up 90% of your cap space, we all know how it ends, in a long rebuild once theyre gone (unless you get lucky with a few Kuzma esque late picks or you happen to come across the worst GM in basketball history to trade all your half retired stars for 350 1st round picks)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
First of all, let’s stop pretending like Kuzma is on the same level as anyone from Golden State. Second of all, the Thunder had the best draft of all time and look how they ended up. Third of all, Miami caught the short end of the stick with Bosh having to retire early because they’d still be legitimate title contenders even without Lebron. Didn’t they make it pretty far in the playoffs the year Lebron left?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
First of all, let’s stop pretending like Kuzma is on the same level as anyone from Golden State.
age 22: 2.9 3.3 0.7 32%FG 21%3pt 47-35 record
age 21: 12.5 2.4 2.0 44%FG 41%3pt 23-43 record
age 21: 17.5 4.5 5.9 46%FG 43%3pt 26-56 record
age 22: 16.1 6.3 1.8 45%FG 36%3pt 35-47 record

can you guess whos who between Klay, Kuz, Steph and Draymond here? would you say someone here stands out above the others?

Second of all, the Thunder had the best draft of all time and look how they ended up.
yes, because they traded their 3rd best guy after their 1st ever finals trip :lol:

Third of all, Miami caught the short end of the stick with Bosh having to retire early because they’d still be legitimate title contenders even without Lebron.
playoff team, yes. contenders? Wade&Bosh dont beat Lebron, Kyrie and Love, for starters. and dont even get me started on the western teams

Didn’t they make it pretty far in the playoffs the year Lebron left?
the 1st year they had injury problems, with one of Bosh-Wade constantly out, and missed the playoffs by one win. the next year they made it, although i dont remember if with or without Bosh.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
First of all, let’s stop pretending like Kuzma is on the same level as anyone from Golden State. Second of all, the Thunder had the best draft of all time and look how they ended up. Third of all, Miami caught the short end of the stick with Bosh having to retire early because they’d still be legitimate title contenders even without Lebron. Didn’t they make it pretty far in the playoffs the year Lebron left?
How does that first part even make sense? You are comparing a rookie in Kuzma to players like Steph, Klay, and Draymond who didn't even start to become who they are until their 3rd season?

- - - Updated - - -

So, according to @ALC, he KNEW that Steph, Klay, and Draymond would be the players that they are now, as early as their rookie season.

See, he knew this. That is why he thinks that the Golden State way of building a dynasty doesn't make sense for the Lakers, because he already knew way back when the aforementioned Golden State players were rookies that they would be multiple time all stars. Especially Draymond Green, who averaged a whopping 3 pts per game as a rookie

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Honestly if Lebron joins or not it wouldnt change much..
Lebron+other players to LA means LA will be strong and will fight along with Huston against Golden State only for GS to eliminate them in the end as in the end GS remain one step above (Durant Curry while the others are pretty good as well)
LA have that Ball kid but he has to grow before he can be considered a force and when he becomes one Lebron will probably retire by then..
I guess Thomas will be traded as it has been rumored that Lebron is the reason he was traded
Kuzma is not a superstar as well even if he isnt bad himself

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Truth be told, if it ends up being Lebron and Boogie, I would be thrilled, because Boogie is the dude I wanted in the first place.

I stated as much in this thread a couple of months ago.

As far as PG13 goes, that one doesn't make sense. Not from a financial standpoint, because he could have made the most money by staying in OKC. I'm talking from a basketball standpoint.

The Thunder are crippled by the salary cap and the luxury tax. Even if the stretch Melo, they are strapped. You can't go and produce your own little mini documentary stating that winning championships is the most important thing to you, and don't even bother meeting with other teams.

- - - Updated - - -

If he thinks that staying in OKC is his best chance to win a title, better than teaming up with Lebron or going to Philly, then more power to him. It's just that the current financial situation with OKC is simply not sustainable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 35)