The NBA Thread (51 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:lol: thanks for stating that, he’s pissing me off
The fact of the matter with PG is that the Lakers were certainly eyeing him, and he not only did not give Magic Johnson a meeting, he didn't give ANYONE a meeting.

Which leads me to believe that he was going to re-sign with OKC all along. And that is all there is to it. At least he didn't waste anyone's time, but it's obvious that OKC is where he wants to be.

I just don't think he is anywhere closer to being on a championship level team there. Their team salary plus the repeater tax penalty will come out to almost 300 million dollars next year.

That is the highest in NBA history. There is no way they can sustain that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The fact of the matter with PG is that the Lakers were certainly eyeing him, and he not only did not give Magic Johnson a meeting, he didn't give ANYONE a meeting.

Which leads me to believe that he was going to re-sign with OKC all along. And that is all there is to it. At least he didn't waste anyone's time, but it's obvious that OKC is where he wants to be.

I just don't think he is anywhere closer to being on a championship level team there. Their team salary plus the repeater tax penalty will come out to almost 300 million dollars next year.

That is the highest in NBA history. There is no way they can sustain that.
I think he ended up liking the team and obviously believes they can go far. I don’t blame him, I can see them doing very well in the next two-three years once hey get rid of Melo.

But I definitely think he was strongly considering LA, OKC just won him over

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Towns is an alpha level talent by far offensively (thats why GMs a year ago voted him as the player to build a franchise around the most), D game , personality and maturity has room to grow, especially in his first playoff experience.

But fact of the matter is Towns is a historically efficient scorer, he has been in top few most efficient scorer since he joined the league. His competition in that regard has not been his young peers but the top 3 best players in the league.

P.S I didn't mean old super star like James, meant young franchise level talent when I said missing it, Lakers could drafted that instead of drafting weak sauce one like Ball.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
i know how good Towns is, but he averaged 25-12 and Wiggins averaged 23 last season before Butler arrived, Wolves finished with 31 wins. and both played in 82 games last season. now look what kid of turnaround Butler did to them, they were in contention for 3rd spot in the WC for a while, before Jimmy got hurt. now look at the Lakers. Ball missed 30 (11-19 record without him), Ingram missed 23 games. our best veterans were Brook Lopez and KCP (wonder if you would want either on the Wolves), and IT (for 17 games) after the deadline, and we finished with 35 wins. and we are adding Lebron James. im not saying either is as good as Towns, and im not sure if the Wolves tanked last season or not, so taking their winning record with a grain of salt, but winning still counts for something as far as im concerned.

im high on all these 4 kids, and i rate Hart as a potential championship caliber role player as well. still waiting to see Wagner. but the real beauty of this group to me is, they all fit together position wise (Randle as a small ball center), and are all U23 players. 35 wins in the WC, while starters missing lots of games, and numerous close games they failed to close out, many of which against top teams in the league. now add James into the mix, and 14M in cap space (assuming Deng stays) + the 4M exception to fill out the roster with veterans on 1 year deals. we are about to make noise in the playoffs!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
i know how good Towns is, but he averaged 25-12 and Wiggins averaged 23 last season before Butler arrived, Wolves finished with 31 wins. and both played in 82 games last season. now look what kid of turnaround Butler did to them, they were in contention for 3rd spot in the WC for a while, before Jimmy got hurt. now look at the Lakers. Ball missed 30 (11-19 record without him), Ingram missed 23 games. our best veterans were Brook Lopez and KCP (wonder if you would want either on the Wolves), and IT (for 17 games) after the deadline, and we finished with 35 wins. and we are adding Lebron James. im not saying either is as good as Towns, and im not sure if the Wolves tanked last season or not, so taking their winning record with a grain of salt, but winning still counts for something as far as im concerned.

im high on all these 4 kids, and i rate Hart as a potential championship caliber role player as well. still waiting to see Wagner. but the real beauty of this group to me is, they all fit together position wise (Randle as a small ball center), and are all U23 players. 35 wins in the WC, while starters missing lots of games, and numerous close games they failed to close out, many of which against top teams in the league. now add James into the mix, and 14M in cap space (assuming Deng stays) + the 4M exception to fill out the roster with veterans on 1 year deals. we are about to make noise in the playoffs!
You do make a very good point in what the Wolves were before and after Butler arrived.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lakers were expecting PG, PG was talking about joining LA, Magic even caught a tampering charge because of PG. Lakers definitely didn’t reject him.
OK, lets say youre right about us not rejecting him (which you obviously cant be sure about as you dont know 1% of the negotiations going down), the money point still stands. wanting to be in LA or not, youre leaving too much money from a playoff team on the table, to go to a team that just finished their rebuild, to get less money. put yourself in his position, home vs money.

- - - Updated - - -

@zizinho

As a Lakers fan since the days of Magic, you are killing me here.

I don't think I need to tell you that you are sounding like the Lakers fan that fans of every other team can't stand.
which part? :D

im just throwing every possibility out there, not saying all of this for a fact.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
OK, lets say youre right about us not rejecting him (which you obviously cant be sure about as you dont know 1% of the negotiations going down), the money point still stands. wanting to be in LA or not, youre leaving too much money from a playoff team on the table, to go to a team that just finished their rebuild, to get less money. put yourself in his position, home vs money.

- - - Updated - - -

which part? :D

im just throwing every possibility out there, not saying all of this for a fact.
Which part, he says.

Man, I don't have all day.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@ALC

- - - Updated - - -

lol, not even close

- - - Updated - - -

why George stayed in Oklahoma:

Here's essence of Paul George's 4-year, $137M deal, w/ player option: New CBA allows George to extend after 2nd anniversary of deal. Extending on max w/ OKC after year 2, while also opting out of final year, could make this 7-year, $290M-plus deal based on future cap projections.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We all knew it was mainly about the money with PG. No faulting him for that.

Now we see if Boogie and others join Lebron

- - - Updated - - -

KCP re-signs for 1 year/12 million

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Congrats @zizinho @King of Kings @Salvo @j0ker did I miss anyone else? there's too many of you...anyways, enjoy him. should be awesome to have someone like LeBron on your team, dude makes for exitement and is still the best player in the league after 15 years and shows no signs of stopping

I'm so gonna try to get tix when the Lakers come to town. :D they're gonna be so fucking stupid expensive

- - - Updated - - -

Can't fault PG either, gotta get his.

KCP? is that porzingis?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Congrats @zizinho @King of Kings @Salvo @j0ker did I miss anyone else? there's too many of you...anyways, enjoy him. should be awesome to have someone like LeBron on your team, dude makes for exitement and is still the best player in the league after 15 years and shows no signs of stopping

I'm so gonna try to get tix when the Lakers come to town. :D they're gonna be so fucking stupid expensive

Can't fault PG either, gotta get his.

KCP? is that porzingis?
You forgot me. :(

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good deal for us with KCP.

Surprised Bron signed for 4 years and not a 1+1 type deal. Probably why we gave him so much. I read 4 for 154mil though, not 158?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 38)