The NBA Thread (73 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Truth be told, if it ends up being Lebron and Boogie, I would be thrilled, because Boogie is the dude I wanted in the first place.

I stated as much in this thread a couple of months ago.

As far as PG13 goes, that one doesn't make sense. Not from a financial standpoint, because he could have made the most money by staying in OKC. I'm talking from a basketball standpoint.

The Thunder are crippled by the salary cap and the luxury tax. Even if the stretch Melo, they are strapped. You can't go and produce your own little mini documentary stating that winning championships is the most important thing to you, and don't even bother meeting with other teams.

- - - Updated - - -

If he thinks that staying in OKC is his best chance to win a title, better than teaming up with Lebron or going to Philly, then more power to him. It's just that the current financial situation with OKC is simply not sustainable.
:agree:

If the Lakers got those 2 and kept all the young guys, that would be fantastic. Could still go after Kawhi next summer if he hits free agency.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
PG didn't successfully hand the Lakers anything. No guarantee that kawhi joins next year. None whatsoever.
why else did he say he wants LA only, thus effectively giving every other team out there 2nd thoughts about trading for him? we will have a max salary if we can trade Deng, and thats the 2nd best thing to Kawhi after the Spurs supermax, which they wont give him

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
why else did he say he wants LA only, thus effectively giving every other team out there 2nd thoughts about trading for him? we will have a max salary if we can trade Deng, and thats the 2nd best thing to Kawhi after the Spurs supermax, which they wont give him
You have a very short memory. Were we not saying the same thing last year?

- - - Updated - - -

A cup of coffee, sitting next to my son on the living room floor, sharing breakfast and watching Formula 1 racing.

Life is pretty good

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
And Paul George was saying he wanted LA a few weeks ago. If anything, this would make the Lakers more likely to give up the farm for Kawhi as if another team got him, he can stay with them. Shit, he can even stay with the Spurs at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

A cup of coffee, sitting next to my son on the living room floor, sharing breakfast and watching Formula 1 racing.

Life is pretty good
So cute :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And Paul George was saying he wanted LA a few weeks ago. If anything, this would make the Lakers more likely to give up the farm for Kawhi as if another team got him, he can stay with them. Shit, he can even stay with the Spurs at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I need this coffee in the worst way. I was up until 2 am watching Rachel Nichols and waiting for a Woj bomb :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah let's not pretend losing out on a big free agent like PG is good news. Goes to show home town return narrative means nothing, and the draw of Lakers is overstated.

LeBron needs a star wing like that next to him, especially one that allows you to keep your overestimated young core as bench depth. LeBron isn't coming to start with them. If he does he is certainly coming for life style after career marketing reasons and given up on competing.

I like Cousins despite being a dumbass, but it's insanely risky to give him anything close to max when he has such a severe injury. May not be the same again.

At this point KL should be quite the question mark as possible arrival too.

Atleast you aren't the biggiest loss today, what Rockets have Chris Paul is just pure insanity. Even if expected and they had to.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You have a very short memory. Were we not saying the same thing last year?

- - - Updated - - -

Life is pretty good
OK, i admit, we should wait and see where he gets traded to 1st. and id be pretty excited to see us roll with Lebron + the kids + a few veterans on 1 year deals, while Deng stays here. we are a playoff team that way, and id say can beat/keep up with anyone bar Golden State and Houston (if CP3 is back and healthy). good enough of a start for me

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

where? PG was traded to a "contender", and they can give him more money than us. he will sign a 3+2 years deal imo, and opt out in 2021 to get the full max again. this was a money decision for him, while he also ets to stay on a very good playoff team.

and im still not giving up anything for Kawhi. he wont stay with the Spurs unless they give him the supermax. they wont trade him to the WC. he said he wants to be in LA, sending a message to teams that would potentially trade for him. i mean, if he was traded to Philly, NY or Boston, id give them a high chance of resigning him. anywhere else? i doubt it

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah let's not pretend losing out on a big free agent like PG is good news. Goes to show home town return narrative means nothing, and the draw of Lakers is overstated.

LeBron needs a star wing like that next to him, especially one that allows you to keep your overestimated young core as bench depth. LeBron isn't coming to start with them. If he does he is certainly coming for life style after career marketing reasons and given up on competing.

I like Cousins despite being a dumbass, but it's insanely risky to give him anything close to max when he has such a severe injury. May not be the same again.

Atleast you aren't the biggiest loss today, what Rockets have Chris Paul is just pure insanity. Even if expected and they had to.

youre still underrating this young group massively. this was already a playoff team if no injuries didnt slow them down, and they had 2 rookies, 1 sophomore and one 3rd year player as their main players

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I need this coffee in the worst way. I was up until 2 am watching Rachel Nichols and waiting for a Woj bomb :lol:
:lol: I feel ya, I was doing the same

- - - Updated - - -

OK, i admit, we should wait and see where he gets traded to 1st. and id be pretty excited to see us roll with Lebron + the kids + a few veterans on 1 year deals, while Deng stays here. we are a playoff team that way, and id say can beat/keep up with anyone bar Golden State and Houston (if CP3 is back and healthy). good enough of a start for me

- - - Updated - - -

where? PG was traded to a "contender", and they can give him more money than us. he will sign a 3+2 years deal imo, and opt out in 2021 to get the full max again. this was a money decision for him, while he also ets to stay on a very good playoff team.

and im still not giving up anything for Kawhi. he wont stay with the Spurs unless they give him the supermax. they wont trade him to the WC. he said he wants to be in LA, sending a message to teams that would potentially trade for him. i mean, if he was traded to Philly, NY or Boston, id give them a high chance of resigning him. anywhere else? i doubt it

- - - Updated - - -

youre still underrating this young group massively. this was already a playoff team if no injuries didnt slow them down, and they had 2 rookies, 1 sophomore and one 3rd year player as their main players
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-paul-george-telling-friends-he-plans-to-play-for-lakers-in-2018/amp/

And lol @ the Lakers being anywhere close to a playoff team. Stop smoking crack

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ends-he-plans-to-play-for-lakers-in-2018/amp/

thats not George saying he wants to play in LA, thats "people" talking. also, Lakers can give him 4 year max. Thunder can give him 5 year max, or even the 35% 5 year max if he opts out after im not sure how many years, when he becomes a 10 year veteran.

so even if he wanted to play here:
-we dont know if Lakers/Lebron maybe rejected him, and not the other way around, because they are more confident in some other situations. maybe waiting for 2019 where Kawhi/Klay/Kyrie are out there. so far we only know he will re-sign for them, and no backstory at all
-more guaranteed money over 5 years and even more guaranteed money if he opts out and gets the 35% max, by signing for them. thats hard to reject

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I think that the truth about the young core is somewhere in the middle. I don't think there are 4 potential all stars in the bunch, but they are far from subpar as well.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ends-he-plans-to-play-for-lakers-in-2018/amp/

And the weird thing is that I knew that there was no way Lebron was going to make a decision last night. Maybe I just realized that the living room was the coolest place in the house for me to sleep in

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They aren't subpar, but they aren't anything special for a supposed contender either. Nice for rotation , but certainly wouldn't stand in my way for trading to compete now.

Decent quartet, but it's missing that one A level alpha talent amongst them that some other franchises have, like Celtics, Philly, Bucks, Minnesota, Jazz, or even Knicks with an improved and healthy Porzingiz (let's not mention rest of the Trainwreck Knicks players tho haha).

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They aren't subpar, but they aren't anything special for a supposed contender either. Nice for rotation , but certainly wouldn't stand in my way for trading to compete now.

Decent quartet, but it's missing that one A level alpha talent amongst them that some other franchises have, like Celtics, Philly, Bucks, Minnesota, Jazz, or even Knicks with an improved and healthy Porzingiz (let's not mention rest of the Trainwreck Knicks players tho haha).

Ingram improved his numbers from 9.4

to

All the while being 20 years old. He's the safest bet to be an All-Star type player. It's easy to forget that he's still a pup.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

James?

and Towns an alpha? disappeared like a bitch vs Rockets

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know, he is your highest ceiling player, he improved decently after an awful rookie year. But I don't see a player worthy of carrying the hopes of a franchise. He seems like a well rounded star potential player.

But he has no room being mentioned with Embiid, Giannis, Simmons, Towns, Mitchell, Jokic or Tatum type of calibers.

Truth be told, if Kuzma learned how to be alright in defence, sharing the rock or rebounding, I would say he has higher ceiling then Ingram. Because he is such a natural killer instinct scorer, even if unpolished. Just needs to be little more of a two way player.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
James?

and Towns an alpha? disappeared like a bitch vs Rockets
Towns is an alpha level talent by far offensively (thats why GMs a year ago voted him as the player to build a franchise around the most), D game , personality and maturity has room to grow, especially in his first playoff experience.

But fact of the matter is Towns is a historically efficient scorer, he has been in top few most efficient scorer since he joined the league. His competition in that regard has not been his young peers but the top 3 best players in the league.

P.S I didn't mean old super star like James, meant young franchise level talent when I said missing it, Lakers could drafted that instead of drafting weak sauce one like Ball.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
thats not George saying he wants to play in LA, thats "people" talking. also, Lakers can give him 4 year max. Thunder can give him 5 year max, or even the 35% 5 year max if he opts out after im not sure how many years, when he becomes a 10 year veteran.

so even if he wanted to play here:
-we dont know if Lakers/Lebron maybe rejected him, and not the other way around, because they are more confident in some other situations. maybe waiting for 2019 where Kawhi/Klay/Kyrie are out there. so far we only know he will re-sign for them, and no backstory at all
-more guaranteed money over 5 years and even more guaranteed money if he opts out and gets the 35% max, by signing for them. thats hard to reject
Lakers were expecting PG, PG was talking about joining LA, Magic even caught a tampering charge because of PG. Lakers definitely didn’t reject him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@zizinho

As a Lakers fan since the days of Magic, you are killing me here.

I don't think I need to tell you that you are sounding like the Lakers fan that fans of every other team can't stand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 68)