The NBA Thread (49 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The one thing that really upset me, and I still shake my head at this, was not that Lebron left Cleveland, but the way that he did it. I couldn't care less if it was for charity. It was self-serving, egotistical, and basically fairly classless to do that to the city and the fans of Cleveland. And in the end, I think he learned from that.
That's all of it for me, right there. This guy showed absolutely zero class, or respect to the Cleveland fans with the way he handled his departure - it's tough being a Cavs fan, and being a local, he knows that. Didn't have to go embarrass them in that ridiculous spectacle, and rip their hearts out on National TV.

CB4 didn't exactly ingratiate himself to T.O. fans with the way he left either. Had way too much "fun with the process", twitter, etc. Bosh ain't a franchise player anyway, though. Fuck the Heat. D-Wade used to be my favorite baller, but I'm totally soured on everything Miami at this point.

Grew up a Bulls fan, and would like to support the Raps simply for the Canada factor... but I'm tired of the NBA at this point. They finally lost me after the work stoppage - too many other sports to follow.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Congrats to Lebron, He just had an amazing post season and dominated throughout the playoffs cemmenting his place as the best player in the NBA, and the funny thing in all this, that he did all of this with a broken jumper, he's perimeter game was beyond horrible but he managed to average close to 30 points in the playoffs, shows you how unstoppable he can be when he want to attack the basket.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
If you think it's silly, you might look into the Cavs history, how he left, actually watch the embarrassment that was 'the decision', etc.

Then imagine yourself as a Cavs fan.

The guy acted like a classless egomaniac. Fuck LBJ, fuck the Heat, and fuck the never ending string of bandwagon jumpers.

Edit: And btw, I'm not including you in that bandwagon comment, it's just really annoying how many new Heat fans there are, who act as though that's always been the case.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
How did he leave?

I stopped following the NBA in 1999 and got a sudden craze this season. I didn't want Miami to win but that has nothing to do with Lebron, I just never liked Miami Heat.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What I don't get is that Oklahoma (was it?) reached the final. Did they get taken over Abramovich style lately?
they used to be the Seattle Supersonics.

Durant was in Seattle at the time that they moved to OKC

---------- Post added 22.06.2012 at 16:36 ----------

How did he leave?

I stopped following the NBA in 1999 and got a sudden craze this season. I didn't want Miami to win but that has nothing to do with Lebron, I just never liked Miami Heat.
He had an hour long interview on ESPN to announce his decision. The Cleveland Cavaliers weren't even informed of his intentions until minutes before the show went live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 47)