The NBA Thread (39 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Why, if you are the Warriors or the Clippers, even agree to make the trade knowing full well that Chris Paul would not re-sign with you???

I mean seriously, cheese. Come on now. The Clippers or the Warriors, even with Paul are nowhere near a championship caliber team
Yeah, anyone but LA or NY would only be renting Paul.
Do you think that Paul would've left 22 mil $ in the table just to sign for NY or LA ???

That's why they were teams interested in renting him because they would've have leverage in giving him the max wich other teams couldn't with the New CBA

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
But its not how they joined each other that annoys people, its the fact that they joined each other that annoys people. You think New Orleans cares about getting Odom Kenyon Martin for Chris Paul? They do it anyway because CP3 told them thats what he wants, he wants to form a super team in Los Angeles. Hell, Celtics were even prepared to offer them Rondo for CP3 but CP3 only wanted LA.

Actually, New York was Chris Paul's first choice. The Knicks didn't have the proper pieces to facilitate a trade.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Do you think that Paul would've left 22 mil $ in the table just to sign for NY or LA ???

That's why they were teams interested in renting him because they would've have leverage in giving him the max wich other teams couldn't with the New CBA
What's 22 million dollars if it keeps you in the same situation you just got out of.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Uhh. Yes.

In a heartbeat he would have left 22 million on the table to sign in the two largest media markets in the United States, if not the world.

To play in a place where he can make that money back many times over just in endorsements alone.

That is why everyone either wants to play for New York or LA, because of this. But the way you make it sound, you make it seem as if this is a brand new idea in the world of american sports.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Actually, New York was Chris Paul's first choice. The Knicks didn't have the proper pieces to facilitate a trade.
Paul wants to be a part of a super team in a big market, now if its in NY or LA, he doesn't care. And since Knicks don't have anything at all to offer the Hornets, they had to make the deal with LA.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
What's 22 million dollars if it keeps you in the same situation you just got out of.
Clippers would've had a nice team with Him and Blake Griffin and enough cap space to sign another max player next year ( Dwight Howard ). And for those players money > Rings. Paul is still relatively young. He could've chasen rings later on his carrer and 22 mil is a lot of money.

How in the hell is this trade better then Rondo, Jeff Green, Celts 1rst, Clippers future 1rst.

Rondo is the same age as Paul, signed for 4 more years and is only paid one more million then Odom is.

How the fuck is Odom and Kevin Martin better then that proposal for a rebuilding team?

NBA :sergio:

Uhh. Yes.

In a heartbeat he would have left 22 million on the table to sign in the two largest media markets in the United States, if not the world.

To play in a place where he can make that money back many times over just in endorsements alone.

That is why everyone either wants to play for New York or LA, because of this. But the way you make it sound, you make it seem as if this is a brand new idea in the world of american sports.
Do you think that Paul at the end of next year could've leave and sign in NY ( the largest market in the NBA) and get to play with his buddy Melo like he promised at his wedding. No.

In the end, it's all about the money. No player would've leave that much money in the table to get to play in another place. Same thing happened for Melo. Why didn't he wait until the end of the year and signed for the Knicks wich could've helped the Knicks keep it's pieces and potentialy trade for Paul. But Melo wanted his money, this is why he treathened the knicks that he could resign with denver if they don't trade with Him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Clippers would've had a nice team with Him and Blake Griffin and enough cap space to sign another max player next year ( Dwight Howard ). And for those players money > Rings. Paul is still relatively young. He could've chasen rings later on his carrer and 22 mil is a lot of money.

How in the hell is this trade better then Rondo, Jeff Green, Celts 1rst, Clippers future 1rst.

Rondo is the same age as Paul, signed for 4 more years and is only paid one more million then Odom is.

How the fuck is Odom and Kevin Martin better then that proposal for a rebuilding team?

NBA :sergio:

I really don't understand you, cheese.

You just stated a few moments ago that you love Kobe Bryant. Well, this trade not only gives him a chance to extend his career, but a chance to win more rings. Now, we are talking about a player that you said you love.

I figured that you would be happy with this.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Anyway, I still don't get what CP3 is doing if Howard won't join. Kobe is 33 and in decline while all the other super teams are still in their peak. He'll be alone there in a few seasons when Kobe isn't the same player he used to be.

Anyway, I still don't know if Orlando wants to do the same mistake twice and send their star center to Los Angeles again. The fans would never forgive them. First Shaq and now Howard? No way.. I hope they'll make a deal with New Jersey. I would love to see Howard with Deron, because lets be honest, if Howard joins LA poor Deron will be the only superstar in a shit team.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I really don't understand you, cheese.

You just stated a few moments ago that you love Kobe Bryant. Well, this trade not only gives him a chance to extend his career, but a chance to win more rings. Now, we are talking about a player that you said you love.

I figured that you would be happy with this.
I love Kobe, for me his the best player in the NBA.

But what's the fun in the NBA, if for the next 5 years will be seing is Miami vs LA final. That's what things looks right now. And knowing Kobe he would've prefered to win it as the Man not as a sidekick to D12.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Artest :lol:

No way the Lakers trade Odom/Gasol, if they aren't sitting on another offer to get some player ( D12 ).

:lol:

The team they have now is crap.

Chris Paul/Fisher/Blake
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton/Ebanks
Metta World Peace/Caracter
Andrew Bynum

That is not a super team.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The team they have now is crap.

Chris Paul/Fisher/Blake
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton/Ebanks
Metta World Peace/Caracter
Andrew Bynum

That is not a super team.
Just wait and see. The deal isn't done yet and reports are still conflicting. They could be other players involved like Okafor/Patterson.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, guess what guys.

This deal might not happen afterall

Apparently the Lakers are ready to back out.

All this vitriol for potentially nothing

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports.

The Hornets are owned by the NBA ( basically the 29 owners) This has Mark Cuban written all over it :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 34)