The NBA Thread (48 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lakers fans were whining for a whole year about Miami's super team. Now they got one of their own.

Anyway, if they don't get Howard I don't see the point in losing Gasol and Odom. Those guys made them big and that was a huge part of Lakers success.
Big difference.

They are actually trading players of value away to get them

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Mcgrady agreed deal to the hawks :sergio:

I'm ready to bet my house that Paul won't end up in the Lakers. That would be laughable for the NBA since the Hornets are owned by the NBA.
The trade is just about done, Cheese.

I told you to never doubt me. And from what I am hearing, the Lakers would not have made this trade unless they knew that they were going to be able to make a trade for Howard.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Pau Gasol is going to the Rockets, Lamar Odom is going to the Hornets, and Kelvin Martin and Luis Scola are going to the Hornets. There might be other players from the Hornets and/or Rockets going to the Lakers as well

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yeaah sergio, I just read the same.

The Lakers are close to acquiring Chris Paul from the Hornets while giving up Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, according to a source.

The Rockets will also be involved, with Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic going to the Hornets.

Gasol will go to Houston.

New Orleans is telling other teams that Paul will be dealt to the Lakers.

The Celtics, Warriors and Clippers were the other primary teams involved in trade talks with the Hornets for Paul.

The NBA :sergio:

I know the owners won't be happy, it's really laughable that the Lakers get CP3. But i can't how they can get D12. They don't have the pieces and Orlando would let him go for Free before trading him to the lakers ( Shaq Saga )

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here's the thing on this.

Andrew Bynum has a contract that runs through next season. However, that contract is a club option at 15 million dollars. The Lakers could position themselves next year to get under the cap with enough space to sign Howard outright anwyay. Andrew Bynum, when healthy, is still an up and coming young center, who is still only 24 years old. He is very highly thought of in the NBA, as he has all the skills needed to be a dominant center. There have been two things that have held him bakc.

Injuries, which Ironically are not his fault since the two major injuries he has picked up were the result of his own teammates crashing into him, and the fact that he is the 4th option on the lakers, therefore he doesn't get as many shots as one would expect. However, his points and rebounds ratios per 48 minutes are one of the highest ratios out there for a center, trailing only Dwight Howard, and I believe Brooks Lopez, and he is is younger than both of them.

Dwight Howard has stated repeatedly that he wants to go to L.A. and play with Kobe Bryant. But do you want to know the one thing that could hold up Dwight Howard coming to LA???

Kobe Bryant himself. Why, you ask? Because he believes in Andrew Bynum, and would not want to see the Lakers trade him away.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Big difference.

They are actually trading players of value away to get them
Who cares? Its not like Paul and Howard aren't threatening their current teams if they don't get traded. And nobody really cares about Bosh joining Miami, its Lebron that triggers the hate.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Come on Sergio, Andrew never been healty and he never will. If the Lakers trade Odom/Gasol for CP3. They Only have Bynum to Trade for D12, Why would Orlando accept this, I can List 10 teams that would offer much better packages for a one year rental for D12, especially New Jersey who D12 said his open to extend with and get a chance to play with Deron. Like i said to you last time, the Lakers will get one of CP3/D12 but not both and if they do, they better cancel the NBA, because it's clearly rigged. It wil be much worse than the Gasol trade back on 08.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Who cares? Its not like Paul and Howard aren't threatening their current teams if they don't get traded. And nobody really cares about Bosh joining Miami, its Lebron that triggers the hate.
Uhmm, it is a big difference because the Lakers aren't getting these guys for free like Miami did last year?

I don't know. Seems like a big difference to me and anyone else who follows basketball.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeaah sergio, I just read the same.

The Lakers are close to acquiring Chris Paul from the Hornets while giving up Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, according to a source.

The Rockets will also be involved, with Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic going to the Hornets.

Gasol will go to Houston.

New Orleans is telling other teams that Paul will be dealt to the Lakers.

The Celtics, Warriors and Clippers were the other primary teams involved in trade talks with the Hornets for Paul.

The NBA :sergio:

I know the owners won't be happy, it's really laughable that the Lakers get CP3. But i can't how they can get D12. They don't have the pieces and Orlando would let him go for Free before trading him to the lakers ( Shaq Saga )
That's stupid if Houston are giving up those three pieces for Gasol. He's not that good. I could see Martin or Scola plus Drago going, but all three? That's silly.

Once again, the Rocket's future is in the hand of Chase Budinger.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Come on Sergio, Andrew never been healty and he never will. If the Lakers trade Odom/Gasol for CP3. They Only have Bynum to Trade for D12, Why would Orlando accept this, I can List 10 teams that would offer much better packages for a one year rental for D12, especially New Jersey who D12 said his open to extend with and get a chance to play with Deron. Like i said to you last time, the Lakers will get one of CP3/D12 but not both and if they do, they better cancel the NBA, because it's clearly rigged. It wil be much worse than the Gasol trade back on 08.
Dwight Howard has also said on different occasions that he wants to play with Kobe Bryant. He has also stated that he wanted to play with Chris Paul. What is the common thread here now? You can figure that out. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the trade happens. You talk about how other teams have better packages to offer than the Lakers. You said that about Chris Paul, but guess what. It all comes down to whether the player will sign with them for next year and beyond. Chris Paul absolutely refused to do so with Boston, even with Ainge and Rivers talking to him to convince him otherwise, and with the Celtics offering Rondo, Green, and 2 first round picks for him. In all actuality, NO got themselves a good haul with Odom, Socla and Martin for a player who was going to walk at the end of the season. That is actually a better package than what the Nuggets got for Melo.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Wow, Houston helping the Lakers to get Paul :sergio:

If the Lakers get D12, I'll be rooting for Miami. This is just ridiculous.

Dwight Howard has also said on different occasions that he wants to play with Kobe Bryant. He has also stated that he wanted to play with Chris Paul. What is the common thread here now? You can figure that out. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if the trade happens. You talk about how other teams have better packages to offer than the Lakers. You said that about Chris Paul, but guess what. It all comes down to whether the player will sign with them for next year and beyond. Chris Paul absolutely refused to do so with Boston, even with Ainge and Rivers talking to him to convince him otherwise, and with the Celtics offering Rondo, Green, and 2 first round picks for him. In all actuality, NO got themselves a good haul with Odom, Socla and Martin for a player who was going to walk at the end of the season. That is actually a better package than what the Nuggets got for Melo.
Yep, That's why i'm surprised, NO would be better off accepting the clippers/warriors offer than this trade. NO won't be competing any soon, so in a scenario like this they would be better with some rebulding pieces nothing getting 31 old scola and No defence Kevin Martin who's already in a Fat contract, the only good piece is Goran but that's really laughable for a player in the caliber of CP3. And please Denver got a really better package than this for a worse player than CP3. Gallo/Chandler/Felton/Mozgov and offloading Billups contract.

This is just Sad for the NBA.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Wait a minute. I thought you were a Lakers fan?

And you'll root for Miami? A team that blatantly tried to BUY a championship without giving up a damn thing except for Money?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

I can't believe that shit. McHale needs to stand strong, offer the Knicks pick in place of Martin.

I grew up in Houston when they had The Dream and The Glide.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Yep, That's why i'm surprised, NO would be better off accepting the clippers/warriors offer than this trade. NO won't be competing any soon, so in a scenario like this they would be better with some rebulding pieces nothing getting 31 old scola and No defence Kevin Martin who's already in a Fat contract, the only good piece is Goran but that's really laughable for a player in the caliber of CP3. And please Denver got a really better package than this for a worse player than CP3. Gallo/Chandler/Felton/Mozgov and offloading Billups contract.

This is just Sad for the NBA.

Why, if you are the Warriors or the Clippers, even agree to make the trade knowing full well that Chris Paul would not re-sign with you???

I mean seriously, cheese. Come on now. The Clippers or the Warriors, even with Paul are nowhere near a championship caliber team

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Uhmm, it is a big difference because the Lakers aren't getting these guys for free like Miami did last year?

I don't know. Seems like a big difference to me and anyone else who follows basketball.
But its not how they joined each other that annoys people, its the fact that they joined each other that annoys people. You think New Orleans cares about getting Odom Kenyon Martin for Chris Paul? They do it anyway because CP3 told them thats what he wants, he wants to form a super team in Los Angeles. Hell, Celtics were even prepared to offer them Rondo for CP3 but CP3 only wanted LA.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Wait a minute. I thought you were a Lakers fan?

And you'll root for Miami? A team that blatantly tried to BUY a championship without giving up a damn thing except for Money?
I'm a Mcgrady fan, And i love Kobe. And hated Wade/James, But this just shows everything wrong in the NBA. Big Markets wins and small Markets are just there for Lulz.

And i'm reading now that Odom is possibly won't be included in the deal and that he and Bynum would be shipped to the Magic for Dwight :sergio:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
But its not how they joined each other that annoys people, its the fact that they joined each other that annoys people. You think New Orleans cares about getting Odom Kenyon Martin for Chris Paul? They do it anyway because CP3 told them thats what he wants, he wants to form a super team in Los Angeles. Hell, Celtics were even prepared to offer them Rondo for CP3 but CP3 only wanted LA.
Kevin Martin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 42)