The NBA Thread (33 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Tracy Mcgrady :heart:

My favourite basketball player back when the NBA was good and I followed it.

He's the Vicente of NBA, amazing talent but shattered by injuries.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I heard about that. Those two with Kobe would tear it up, but then I'd be concerned NBA would be turning into La Liga.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I heard about that. Those two with Kobe would tear it up, but then I'd be concerned NBA would be turning into La Liga.
Unlike the Heat, at least the Lakers would have to be giving up something of significant value to acquire the two players

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
No way the Lakers can get both Howard and Paul, Celtics, Clippers, Warriors....can offer much better package for CP3, For Howard tough they have a shot if they decided to offer Bynum and Odom and take on Hedo's horrendous contract.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
CP3 is my favourite player tho! Think he'll go to the Knicks.
His heart is set on the Knicks and he wants to play with his buddy Melo, But he must leave 22 mil on the table to be able to sign with the Knicks trough free agency because no way the Knicks will be able to acquire him through a trade.
I don't think he'll leave that much money to play in New York.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Knicks don't have the proper trade pieces to facilitate a deal like that. They have already shot their load when they acquired Carmelo Anthony. The other issue is that Chris paul will absolutely not sign a contract extension with any other teams but the Knicks and the Lakers. From what I have heard, the deal woulod be Bynum plus another player and/or draft picks for Paul, and Odom and Gasol for Howard. Howard definitely wants to be a Laker

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Eff the Nicks.

The Lakers are giving out four pretty important players but they're also up there as far as age is concerned. The fact that it's a 2 for 1 swap makes it seem more fair but tbh I'd just hate the Lakers even more if they did it.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The Knicks don't have the proper trade pieces to facilitate a deal like that. They have already shot their load when they acquired Carmelo Anthony. The other issue is that Chris paul will absolutely not sign a contract extension with any other teams but the Knicks and the Lakers. From what I have heard, the deal woulod be Bynum plus another player and/or draft picks for Paul, and Odom and Gasol for Howard. Howard definitely wants to be a Laker
I agree with you, Both players would be glad to play for the Lakers. The thing is Lakers has a shot on D12 even if it's slim one, because other teams can offer much better packages, but for Chris paul to go to LA, the hornets must accept a laker offer that would be very mediocre compared to what other teams are offering, and don't forget that the Hornets are owned by the NBA ( basically by the 29 other owners), how would the owners feel if hornets accept such a mediocre deal just to let CP3 go to LA.

And about the extention, they are teams that are willing take the risk and do a trade without CP3 promess that he'll resign ( The celts are offering Rondo, The warriors are offering Steph Curry and Rockets are offering Lowry+ Picks). And the best package would be the Clippers one.
These teams are willing to take the risk to trade for Paul and Bet that he won't leave as much as 22 mil just to play for the knicks or any other team, because the team that will get him can offer him the max.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Lakers fans were whining for a whole year about Miami's super team. Now they got one of their own.

Anyway, if they don't get Howard I don't see the point in losing Gasol and Odom. Those guys made them big and that was a huge part of Lakers success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 21)