The NBA Thread (79 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Lebron had Wade and Bosh and still didn't win :seven:

I hope he never does, I went from adoring the guy to thinking he's a little ass. Making fun of Nowitzki for being sick was very classy too. I'm convinced Lebron will be never be the superstar he was destined to, or a superstar period. Apart from his choking, his confidence must be shit right now.

Kobe and MJ still remain up top by a large margin.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Lebron was the closer against Boston though and played great defense, especially on Paul Pierce.

I think the whole "being the man" thing is overrated. Who really did everything by himself? Jordan had Rodman, Shaq had Kobe, Duncan had Ginobili and Parker, Kobe had Pau, the big three had each other. Lebron had, Mo Williams? Thats a joke. Cleveland took Lebron for granted, they never gave him a viable second option. They thought a 38 year old Shaq and Antawn fuckin' Jamison would make things better. Its not easy to be the star in a city and market like Cleveland. All the great players that Lebron is compared to were in an attractive market like LA, Chicago etc.

I think Lebron is unfairly treated, people have unrealistic standards for him and they nitpick at everything. Its like that clown Skip Bayless, when Lebron was amazing and closing the games out against Boston and Chicago he was struggling to give him credit and was just looking for mistakes while when Wade has two great games in the finals Wade is all of a sudden the leader of this team, the closer and the man although Lebron has been doing just that.

Lets see how his legacy will be, he's already one of the most talented player to ever play this game and if he gets a few rings and maybe could get a few with Bosh since Wade is a bit older who knows. He's not going to be better than Jordan if thats what you mean.

And oh, don't we always discuss people that don't give a shit about us on this forum? ;)
Lebron is not being unfairly treated, not at all. He is the one brought these standards to himself. People don't always want him to be the man, he chose that path with his words and actions.Rude, arrogant and disrespectful is the way to go if you don't want people to give you a break.

MJ waited 7 years to get his first ring like Sergio said, this guy couldn't wait until Cleveland actually assembled a decent team around him in a town that worshiped him for years and actually justified his attitude. I still can't get over how childish he looked after his Cleveland team got belted by Orlando a few years back and he did not even want to congratulate Howard or Orlando!! This guy is supposed to be a professional..Professional Ass maybe.

Thank god, Miami did not win just to show that the easy way out will not give you a championship quickly. They might one next year or the year after and become a real force but still this year was important imo.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
they got Flyn from Minesota but they are lookin to move him right away.
the rockets are set in the PG position with Lowry/ dragic. they got a PF from lituania Muntenias sumthin like that. he's alredy talkin smack to D howard in the press conference. :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
they got Flyn from Minesota but they are lookin to move him right away.
the rockets are set in the PG position with Lowry/ dragic. they got a PF from lituania Muntenias sumthin like that. he's alredy talkin smack to D howard in the press conference. :D
They got Marshall from Kansas at 14, before they made the trade at 23 or whatever it was.

Flynn is better than both Lowry and Dragic.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
They got Marshall from Kansas at 14, before they made the trade at 23 or whatever it was.

Flynn is better than both Lowry and Dragic.
You better be kiddin, Flyn is a bust, and lowry is a legit point guard and he's a premier defender at his position. last year he was exceptional. the only knock to his game was his outside shot wish is really improved. And dragic is a great backup point gard, you better watch the LA series from last year.
And if flyn was so good, he wouldn't be a throw in this trade for minesota to move from 23 TO 14 in this weak draft

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The owners are going for a hard cap, something like 45mil and ungaranteed contracts. I see the season shortened to 40 games.
Let's hope the players union and the owners find aggrement soon :xfinger:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You better be kiddin, Flyn is a bust, and lowry is a legit point guard and he's a premier defender at his position. last year he was exceptional. the only knock to his game was his outside shot wish is really improved. And dragic is a great backup point gard, you better watch the LA series from last year.
And if flyn was so good, he wouldn't be a throw in this trade for minesota to move from 23 TO 14 in this weak draft
There's nothing wrong with Jonny Flynn. He had a down year last year, but he has a much higher ceiling than Lowry. Flynn had a good rookie season and he's only 22 years old. Mchale is staring to build a nice corp of young players with Flynn and Patterson

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
There's nothing wrong with Jonny Flynn. He had a down year last year, but he has a much higher ceiling than Lowry. Flynn had a good rookie season and he's only 22 years old. Mchale is staring to build a nice corp of young players with Flynn and Patterson
lol, you don't watch much NBA, i think. Flyn is a bust, Lowry is a starting point guard averaging 14points and 6 assists last year. and like side before is Flyn was that good Minesota wouldn't trade to move a litte bit up in a weak draft.
And the rockets are shopping him right away, they don't need him, they are set with both Dragic and Lowry :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
lol, you don't watch much NBA, i think. Flyn is a bust, Lowry is a starting point guard averaging 14points and 6 assists last year. and like side before is Flyn was that good Minesota wouldn't trade to move a litte bit up in a weak draft.
And the rockets are shopping him right away, they don't need him, they are set with both Dragic and Lowry :D
I've been a lakers fan since 1979, but yeah, I don't watch much of the NBA.

Flynn had a down year last year. It's what is commonly known as "The Sophomore Slump".

He had an excellent rookie season on a miserable Minnesota team

He's only 22 years old.

The reason why they traded him is because a certain Ricky Rubio is coming over from Spain this year.

Minnesota traded him because they have too many point guards

And please get your facts straight on the trade.

They traded Flynn and some lithuanian rookie to Houston for Brad Miller, 2 1st round picks, and a 2nd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 68)