The NBA Thread (41 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Its just that LeBron isn's as a hell of a player as many think. He isn't bad of course but the leader of Miami is Wade. And he was the one that played as a leader when the team was in trouble. James and Bosh are two very good players but not leaders.

"Good" players can be divided into two classes. Class A players are leaders. They won't leave a team to go to another that already has some stars in order to win something. The want to win every ring by themselves. Such players are Jordan (which was very annoyed when Bulls signed Pippen cause he wanted to be alone), Kobe, Dirk, Wade etc. Class B players are very good players but not leaders. They can't drag the team on a permanent basis. Such players are Pippen, Gasol (Pau), Bosh and LeBron. He is not a bad player but he is not a Jordan, he is a Pippen.
Without Pippen and Horace Grant, Jordan would have won nothing. NOTHING. It took MJ 7 years before he won a championship

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I asked Lebron for change for a dollar but he said "I don't have a fourth quarter"!

Haha, even with Dirk playing like shit, Miami got destroyed. Lebron didn't show up as usual, Wade did what he was supposed to do, Bosh was pretty good, Chalmers is a fag. Terry killed em all. He was the man of the hour for Mavs, keeping them in the game with those crucial buckets early on. Added much needed confidence and kept the title withing arms reach when Miami was going through good stretches of form.

Great series.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I had the opportunity to be there last night! It was really cool! Too bad the Heat lost the fans were really disappointed but Dallas was better...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Wrong. Wade has been the MVP of the Miami Heat. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

It always was, is, and will always be Wade's team. d Lebron just wants to be a "piece of the puzzle". Legends of the game on't settle for being pieces of the puzzle.

Get your head out of Lebron's ass. :D. You seem to be the only person outside Miami who likes this guy.
I will steal this, its a beauty

And the Mavs absolutely deserved it. Better team throughout the series. Dirk finally got the ring he really deserves.

About Lequit, well fuck him. Arrogant, selfish and pretentious. I hope he doesn't win a championship ever (even though he will most likely) but I am enjoying these losses year after year after year. The guy is not even in Kobe's level let a lone MJ's

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Its just that LeBron isn's as a hell of a player as many think. He isn't bad of course but the leader of Miami is Wade. And he was the one that played as a leader when the team was in trouble. James and Bosh are two very good players but not leaders.

"Good" players can be divided into two classes. Class A players are leaders. They won't leave a team to go to another that already has some stars in order to win something. The want to win every ring by themselves. Such players are Jordan (which was very annoyed when Bulls signed Pippen cause he wanted to be alone), Kobe, Dirk, Wade etc. Class B players are very good players but not leaders. They can't drag the team on a permanent basis. Such players are Pippen, Gasol (Pau), Bosh and LeBron. He is not a bad player but he is not a Jordan, he is a Pippen.
As far as I see it, Lebron lead his team against Boston and in the Eastern Conference finals. Also, he lead that miserably bad Cleveland Cavaliers to two straight 60+ seasons. What happened when Lebron left? They become the worst team in NBA history. That tells you a lot about Lebron.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
As far as I see it, Lebron lead his team against Boston and in the Eastern Conference finals. Also, he lead that miserably bad Cleveland Cavaliers to two straight 60+ seasons. What happened when Lebron left? They become the worst team in NBA history. That tells you a lot about Lebron.
They didn't become the "Worst team in NBA History". Are you also forgetting that 4 or 5 players from that squad left as well? As well as 5 rookies being on the team this year?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
They didn't become the "Worst team in NBA History". Are you also forgetting that 4 or 5 players from that squad left as well? As well as 5 rookies being on the team this year?
They had the worst losing streak in NBA history. Also, they lost a 38 year old Shaq, a crippled Illgauskas and Delonte West. If you really think those guys would have made any difference then you're kidding yourself.

You just don't go from two straight 60+ seasons and being the best team in the regular season to having the longest losing streak in NBA history. Lebron did wonders with those scrubs.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They had the worst losing streak in NBA history. Also, they lost a 38 year old Shaq, a crippled Illgauskas and Delonte West. If you really think those guys would have made any difference then you're kidding yourself.

You just don't go from two straight 60+ seasons and being the best team in the regular season to having the longest losing streak in NBA history. Lebron did wonders with those scrubs.
yet he turtled during the NBA Finals.

Yep, he sure does wonders.

For someone who is as crass and egotistical as he is, you'd think he could have at least won a title or 2 to actually somewhat give him the right to be the way he is.

Like I said. He is now the 21st century Scottie Pippen. He doesn't want to be "The Man". He would rather ride the coattails of another superstar than be the one wearing the coat.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh, and making light of Nowitzki's illness was a straight up punk bitch move by him and Wade.

Dwayne NEVER acted that way before Lebron came on board.

Glad to see that he is having that positive attitude on other players. Just a matter of time before he goes to Pat Riley and says "Pat, it's either Dwayne or Me."

Jul 15, 2006

For someone who is as crass and egotistical as he is, you'd think he could have at least won a title or 2 to actually somewhat give him the right to be the way he is.

Like I said. He is now the 21st century Scottie Pippen. He doesn't want to be "The Man". He would rather ride the coattails of another superstar than be the one wearing the coat.
Good ol' Scottie Pippen :lol: "Lebron is the greatest of all time!" :howler:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

A player who averages 26/7/7 and was the best player in the series against Boston and especially in the eastern conference finals where he basically carried his team to the finals is no rider of coattails. He's no Scottie Pippen, Pippen was never this talented. People have short memories when it comes to Lebron, he was excellent up until they faced a great Dallas.

You think Lebron is like Kobe? Lebron won't stab his friend Wade in the back like Kobe did Shaq. Those guys genuinely care for each other, they are like brothers.

I'm sorry Sergio but you're not making any sense. Your obvious hate for Lebron is making you say juvenile things.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
A player who averages 26/7/7 and was the best player in the series against Boston and especially in the eastern conference finals where he basically carried his team to the finals is no rider of coattails. He's no Scottie Pippen, Pippen was never this talented. People have short memories when it comes to Lebron, he was excellent up until they faced a great Dallas.

You think Lebron is like Kobe? Lebron won't stab his friend Wade in the back like Kobe did Shaq. Those guys genuinely care for each other, they are like brothers.

I'm sorry Sergio but you're not making any sense. Your obvious hate for Lebron is making you say juvenile things.
Look at the Numbers again in that series against Boston, since you are hung up on numbers.

Wade's numbers are better. More assists, more steals, more points, higher FG percentage (Much Higher, actually), Less Turnovers.

Wade also had to guard Derrick Rose in the series against Chicago, while Lebron guarded Luol Deng.

I've got news for you. Kobe and Shaq stabbed each other in the back. Shaq was the one who refused to acquiesce to Kobe, yet he willingly did so when he went to Miami. He was the one who forced his way out of Los Angeles. He was the one who screamed at Jerry Buss on the sideline to "Fucking pay him", when he was already making over 20 million dollars per year at that time. Shaq himself even said so several years later when Kobe said that it wasn't him who forced him out.

Yet my comments are juvenile.

"he was great up until they faced a great Dallas team"

Last I checked, they brought him aboard to be great all the way through the NBA Finals, not to be great up until then and turtle once he gets there.

Look, you obviously have no issue with a 25 year old player who has yet to hit his prime decide to not want to be the man and get himself hooked up with a franchise with an already established superstar. I get that.

I do have a problem with it, and a lot of NBA people have a problem with it. The best thing that happened to the NBA was the Heat not winning the title, thereby showing that this formula does not necessarily work at this point in time.

I don't care that he left Cleveland, although that was the absolute worst way you could possibly do it. He has gone from an extremely likeable young man, to one who is crass, arrogant, rude, disrespctful, all in the shape of one year. I do care that he didn't go to a team that had a solid talent base already in place to be the leader of a franchise. You don't want to play for Cleveland anymore, even though they did everything in their powers to acquire talent for you, that's fine. You don't want the pressures of playing in your home state anymore? That's fine, although those people absolutely worshipped you.

His legacy won't be the same, Suns. I'm sorry, but it won't.

And that's all I have to say about it. I hope that we are still cool after all of this, because my friendship with you is not worth risking by talking about someone who couldn't care less about either one of us.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Look at the Numbers again in that series against Boston, since you are hung up on numbers.

Wade's numbers are better. More assists, more steals, more points, higher FG percentage (Much Higher, actually), Less Turnovers.

Wade also had to guard Derrick Rose in the series against Chicago, while Lebron guarded Luol Deng.

I've got news for you. Kobe and Shaq stabbed each other in the back. Shaq was the one who refused to acquiesce to Kobe, yet he willingly did so when he went to Miami. He was the one who forced his way out of Los Angeles. He was the one who screamed at Jerry Buss on the sideline to "Fucking pay him", when he was already making over 20 million dollars per year at that time. Shaq himself even said so several years later when Kobe said that it wasn't him who forced him out.

Yet my comments are juvenile.

"he was great up until they faced a great Dallas team"

Last I checked, they brought him aboard to be great all the way through the NBA Finals, not to be great up until then and turtle once he gets there.

Look, you obviously have no issue with a 25 year old player who has yet to hit his prime decide to not want to be the man and get himself hooked up with a franchise with an already established superstar. I get that.

I do have a problem with it, and a lot of NBA people have a problem with it. The best thing that happened to the NBA was the Heat not winning the title, thereby showing that this formula does not necessarily work at this point in time.

I don't care that he left Cleveland, although that was the absolute worst way you could possibly do it. He has gone from an extremely likeable young man, to one who is crass, arrogant, rude, disrespctful, all in the shape of one year. I do care that he didn't go to a team that had a solid talent base already in place to be the leader of a franchise. You don't want to play for Cleveland anymore, even though they did everything in their powers to acquire talent for you, that's fine. You don't want the pressures of playing in your home state anymore? That's fine, although those people absolutely worshipped you.

His legacy won't be the same, Suns. I'm sorry, but it won't.

And that's all I have to say about it. I hope that we are still cool after all of this, because my friendship with you is not worth risking by talking about someone who couldn't care less about either one of us.
Lebron was the closer against Boston though and played great defense, especially on Paul Pierce.

I think the whole "being the man" thing is overrated. Who really did everything by himself? Jordan had Rodman, Shaq had Kobe, Duncan had Ginobili and Parker, Kobe had Pau, the big three had each other. Lebron had, Mo Williams? Thats a joke. Cleveland took Lebron for granted, they never gave him a viable second option. They thought a 38 year old Shaq and Antawn fuckin' Jamison would make things better. Its not easy to be the star in a city and market like Cleveland. All the great players that Lebron is compared to were in an attractive market like LA, Chicago etc.

I think Lebron is unfairly treated, people have unrealistic standards for him and they nitpick at everything. Its like that clown Skip Bayless, when Lebron was amazing and closing the games out against Boston and Chicago he was struggling to give him credit and was just looking for mistakes while when Wade has two great games in the finals Wade is all of a sudden the leader of this team, the closer and the man although Lebron has been doing just that.

Lets see how his legacy will be, he's already one of the most talented player to ever play this game and if he gets a few rings and maybe could get a few with Bosh since Wade is a bit older who knows. He's not going to be better than Jordan if thats what you mean.

And oh, don't we always discuss people that don't give a shit about us on this forum? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 31)