The NBA Thread (95 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
:sergio:

1- The Celtics were ready to trade for Paul even if they were no guaranties he would extened with them, they were willing to take that risk.

2- That trade is just bad for NO, taking back 2 31 years old players with large contract for a rebuilding team with no chance to contend is just stupid. You never get fair value for a superstar but at least they could get a better deall with some nice rebuilding pieces.

3- It's the owners who contacted Stern to veto the deal because they OWN the hornets and that's a conflict of Interest.

4- I still think the deal will get through once D12 is traded to the nets or whatever, If the Lakers would be willing to trade for Paul without getting D12.

5- The NBA is just a mess right now.

6- The Lakers get the best player in the trade and Save 40 mil in money, That's just rape, it even worse than the Gasol trade.

7- I hope the deal gets through, I wann see Paul trow some alley oops to Kobe .

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

1- The Celtics were ready to trade for Paul even if they were no guaranties he would extened with them, they were willing to take that risk.

2- That trade is just bad for NO, taking back 2 31 years old players with large contract for a rebuilding team with no chance to contend is just stupid. You never get fair value for a superstar but at least they could get a better deall with some nice rebuilding pieces.

3- It's the owners who contacted Stern to veto the deal because they OWN the hornets and that's a conflict of Interest.

4- I still think the deal will get through once D12 is traded to the nets or whatever, If the Lakers would be willing to trade for Paul without getting D12.

:agree: I haven't even watched or barely followed that shit since 07/08.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

#1) No they were not. I live in the Boston area, and they were not going to make that trade if Chris Paul was not going to sign an extension.

#2) No, it is not a bad trade for New Orleans at all. It's amazing that YOU are the only one who thinks that it is. They got 3 good players for Chris Paul, plus a 1st and 2nd round draft pick.

#3) By you saying that it is a conflict of interest, does that mean that New Orleans is allowed to make no trades whatsoever, because you are wrong. The GM of the Hornets was told by DAVID STERN AND THE NBA that he has carte blanche in regards to making a move that is for the benefit of the franchise. He has tried for a week to come up with a possible deal that will nto only get players and picks in return, but to a team that Chris Paul would be willing to sign an extension, because , as I have said repeatedly, the other teams mentioned in these deals (Golden State, Clippers) were not going to give up a large core of their young nucleus for a one year rental.

#4) The deal is not going to go through now. And you know why? Because the other owners do not want Chris Paul on the Lakers, regardless of the fact that the Lakers did absolutely nothing wrong on their end. No one did anything wrong in this trade. It is safe to assume that on paper, the Lakers gave up the most in this deal.

#5) Yes, the NBA is anabsolute mess, and david Stern just made it a whole lot worse. So, it's OK if Chris paul gets traded to the Clippers, The Golden State Warriors, or any other small market team, but God forbid if a SUPERSTAR gets traded to a big market team. Is that what you're saying?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And i'm going to say this again.

Lebron James, I am truly sorry for what I had said about you. After reading that ridiculous e-mail from Dan Gilbert, I cannot possibly blame you in the least for leaving Cleveland.

And that's another thing.

Fuck Dan Gilbert, and you know why?

Because up until 18 months ago, he was one of those teams that were a true championship contender, with his GM concocting great trades and free agent acquisistions to give Lebron pieces that he needed to help win a championship, and now all of a sudden, he's crying poverty, crying about the luxury tax revenue taht will be lost? Seriously, get a fucking clue Dan Gilbert.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh, and another thing.

Do you honestly, HONESTLY think that the NBA offices and David Stern did not know in advance that this trade was going down, and had been in the works for almost a week?

If they were truly acting in the Hornets best interest, why didn't they put the kibosh on this a week ago? Why did Stern wait until the trade was done?

You know why?

Grandstanding. Nothing but Grandstanding on Stern's part. The egomaniac wanted to make a statement on the night the CBA was ratified.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
David Stern not only brought his character and leadership skills into question by doing this, but he has now caused fractured locker rooms for not one, not two, but three NBA franchises. One of those franchises being a main catalyst as to why the NBA is so popular globally in the first place

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And this whole Small Market teams can't win championships is fucking nonsense.

Houston won 2 championships. The San Antonio Spurs won 4 championships, and you know how? By great drafting and great trades, that's how. Not by splashing hundreds of millions of dollars around.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The only thing Lakers need to do right now is to involve better to get Paul. And to be honest, this is a blessing in disguise for Lakers. Getting CP3 without having a starting PF and a good replacement for Bynum is not a good deal.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The only thing Lakers need to do right now is to involve better to get Paul. And to be honest, this is a blessing in disguise for Lakers. Getting CP3 without having a starting PF and a good replacement for Bynum is not a good deal.
there was an 8.6 million dollar trade exception that was going to the lakers, that they were going to use to acquire a power forward. Chris Broussard was on ESPN Radio this morning and says that he knew who the power forward was going to be that the Lakers was going to acquire, but was not at liberty to say who it was.

David Stern has put himself in the middle of an absolute shitstrom. I've been listening to ESPN Radio all morning, and every single analyst they have had on say two things. #1) this was a great deal for new orleans #2) David Stern fucked up big time by doing this.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
The Knicks attempted to deal Amar’e Stoudemire in an attempt to pry Chris Paul from the Hornets, according to a source.

Stoudemire has four years, $84 million remaining on his contract, which is uninsurable.

Via New York Post

That would've been hilarious to see Amare traded to NOH. His reaction would've been worse tha Lamar.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The Knicks attempted to deal Amar’e Stoudemire in an attempt to pry Chris Paul from the Hornets, according to a source.

Stoudemire has four years, $84 million remaining on his contract, which is uninsurable.

Via New York Post

That would've been hilarious to see Amare traded to NOH. His reaction would've been worse tha Lamar.

I can't blame Lamar for being upset, though. From what I understand, he wasn't even informed of it before the deal even happened.

David Stern was just quoted in Bloomberg as saying that "The reason why the trade was vetoed was because it is more valuable to have Chris Paul on the Hornets"

Guys, this is David Stern's waterloo. This is collusion. Expect Chris Paul to sue, and expect the Hornets, lakers, and Rockets to file official appeals

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The NBA just suckered punched themselves. An egregious misuse of power by David Stern.

Two executives on the Hornets are threatening to quit, and the Rockets are absolutely beside themselves. They wanted pau gasol badly.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah that was a nice article by Bill Simmons, with some good points.

But KMart and Odom and Scola = good trade for Hornets? WTF? That was a horrible trade for NO.

I will agree that Stern should've told Demps ( NOH GM) he had no right to trade Paul until new ownership comes in, but I think too many people are overreacting. If this was going to lead to the Lakers getting Dwight, think of the backlash then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 90)