The NBA Thread (20 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
:lol: Whoa son, chill yo horses.

cheese made some good points, Paul's owners don't want to let him go and he has to respect his contract. Simple as that, he can go there when his contract ends. As for now, the Lakers can keep sucking.
Again, you are clueless.

Chris Paul is respecting his contract.

Chris paul has also told New Orleans on more than one occasion that he is not going to re-sign with them once his contract his up.

New Orleans has been working diligently for the past few weeks to work out a trade so that they can get good value in return for a player who will walk away at the end of the season, when they woudl get absolutely nothing for him.

A trade was consummated. A trade, might I add that was done perfectly legally, within the rules, and a trade that the NBA offices knew was going on , and was going to be consummated. By a GM for New Orleans, might I add, that had total autonomy, by the order of David Stern and the NBA, to make whatever trades he saw fit to help the franchise with no interference whatsoever. A trade that every single analyst has stated that New Orleans did very well with what they received.

A trade that David Stern suddenly decided to veto, because it was not a "Good Basketball Trade", when every other GM in the league all agreed that the Hornets did very well in the deal.

A trade that this morning, David Stern told Bloomberg.com, that he didn't veto the trade because it wasn't a good basketball trade, he vetoed it becuase he felt that Chris Paul was more valuable in New Orleans. A franchise who coincidentally, is trying to be sold by the NBA to anyone who will pony up the money for it.

The NBA did not act in the best interests of the one franchise that is left in their care. Now, Chris Paul cannot be traded to any other big market team, as the owners will press to have it vetoed. You can forget about him going to New York, Boston, Chicago, or any other large market. you can also forget about him going to Golden State, or the Clippers, because he has already said that there are only two teams that he would sign a contract extension with. the Knicks and the Lakers. Chris paul will leave at the end of the season, the Hornets will get nothing in return,and in turn, the NBA will have destroyed the one franchise that they are entrusted with.

But yes, this is all about the Lakers for me. It has nothing to do with David Stern pissing away whatever credibility the NBA had left. Because apparently, i'm just that simple of a person.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh well, technically they are the owners so they can do as they see fit. Maybe the reason they don't want to let him go to Lakers is so that the league doesn't become lopsided. Paul can decide at the end, so far it's not that big of a deal, but then again, I'm just speaking as someone who dislikes the Lakers and wouldn't like to see Paul go there. No one cares if the Hornets go down the crapper anyways to be frank, so it's whatever imo.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Odom to the Mavs for TPE and 1st round pick.

Paul close to the clippers now.

David West to sign with the Pacers.

Howard asked to be traded to the Nets.

Tough time for the Lakers fans. That Odom deal was weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm still trying to figure out the motivation behind that trade. If the rumours are ture, that the Lakers front office didn't like the fact that he was on a reality show last year, it really doesn't make much sense considering he had his best year last year.

Oh well. I guess it means they save on salary cap and luxury taxes.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I read that Odom asked to be traded and he took really bad the fact that he was being shopped heavily in the first Paul deal. So they needed to trade him, but trading him to the Mavs is beyond dumb, just strenghting a conference rival that swept the lakers. Reports says that Kobe is angry about the trade and waiting to see Lakers next move.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I read that Odom asked to be traded and he took really bad the fact that he was being shopped heavily in the first Paul deal. So they needed to trade him, but trading him to the Mavs is beyond dumb, just strenghting a conference rival that swept the lakers. Reports says that Kobe is angry about the trade and waiting to see Lakers next move.
I don't know if it was beyond dumb. Granted, the Mavericks are stronger, but they aer an extremely old bunch now. If Odom is the youngest guy you have in your starting 5, then injuries are bound to happen. I'm thinking that the trade was made because of the 9 million dollar trade exception that was given to the Lakers.

Yeah, I know that Kobe is angry about it, but they can't be on top forever. Changes have to be made. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if Kobe ends up getting traded as well, and they just start all over again.

No sweat off of my back to tell you the truth.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Kobe can't be traded tough, he got a No trade clause in his contract.

I still think the Lakers GM got someting under his sleeve. They'll make some move, that's for sure. We just wait and see.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Kobe can't be traded tough, he got a No trade clause in his contract.

I still think the Lakers GM got someting under his sleeve. They'll make some move, that's for sure. We just wait and see.

Oh, that's right. The only player in the NBA to have one, IIRC. He can be traded, he jsut has to give his permission to do so.

in other words, he can't be traded.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I guess the end of this run was going to come sooner or later. I just hope that it is sooner so that i will have a slight chance of being alive when they can contend for a championship again.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Here it is:

The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to a deal in principle with the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to acquire guard Chris Paul, according to sources close to the process.

The Clippers, sources said, will send guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets for Paul.

The Clippers will also receive two future second-round picks, according to sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 18)