The NBA Thread (67 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah kinda akward for sure.

This is a pattern for the ball brothers bad habits, they think they can take deep 3s with ease so will try them no matter what. His youngest brother Lamelo is the worst at it if you watch clips, there is no talk of sweet spot 3s or knowing your smart shot selection, just arrogance to think they can drain it from anywhere.
I don't think it is arrogance, at least with Lonzo. He is the only one out of the three that is a PG. Maybe it is a comfort level, or it could be that stepping up to take a 3 messes with his mechanics. I on't think his brothers have the same shooting stroke. You can make a case for the other 2 being arrogant, but I don't see that in Lonzo. Sometimes i wonder if that kid was adopted

- - - Updated - - -

That guy is such a legend, altho one wonders what is true about all his stories :D
I know Tim White, who was a WWF referee as well as his assistant.

It's all true.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I don't think it is arrogance, at least with Lonzo. He is the only one out of the three that is a PG. Maybe it is a comfort level, or it could be that stepping up to take a 3 messes with his mechanics. I on't think his brothers have the same shooting stroke. You can make a case for the other 2 being arrogant, but I don't see that in Lonzo. Sometimes i wonder if that kid was adopted
I dont mean arrogant in general or as a person, but playing style bad habits, even in collegue ball clips you could see Lonzo taking way too long shots he didnt need to make. He was successful mostly, but it still something he was just used to doing. Like his younger brother does too (tho even more cartoonish level, since high shool OP team allows him to do whatever).

- - - Updated - - -

That guy is such a legend, altho one wonders what is true about all his stories :D
What stories?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I dont mean arrogant in general or as a person, but playing style bad habits, even in collegue ball clips you could see Lonzo taking way too long shots he didnt need to make. He was successful mostly, but it still something he was just used to doing. Like his younger brother does too (tho even more cartoonish level, since high shool OP team allows him to do whatever).

- - - Updated - - -

What stories?
That is correct. Which leads me to think that him taking a dribble forward and shooting closer to the 3 point line somehow affects his mechanics. I know it might sound stupid.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Summer league means shit, seen crappy players dominate the heck outta it, and Lonzo is pass first player who needs to be a leader, but no one gonna let him lead as rookie in his first game. Especially summer league where they really dont play team ball because players are just focused on impressing to get chance for spots.

But still, absolutely garbage shooting. 2-15 Fg, 1-11 3's. Maybe try something different kid.
That defense tho.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

What stories?
His drinking, eating and, strenght feats

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
[video=twitter;883818938827550721]https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/883818938827550721[/video]

He is 37 and obviously in decline, but hopefully still more then good enough for 2 full seasons off the bench, which he should be (comes to weakest bench in league prolly, so having potential 6th man of the year level guy is more then good). Very effective and fluid player really. One of the most entertaining for sure, absolute joy to watch lol.

This deal would only leave room for vet minimum signings, so its kinda hard to imaigne what other bench signings thats doable now? Rumours were CJ Miles for shooter improvement off bench, but now not sure if possible.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lonzo was looking GOOD.

There is no doubt about Tatum tho even if its just 2 summer league games, that guy doesnt even seem like a rookie to me, he seems so damn smooth and in control.
Tatum has some veteran moves.

And if I told you that Kyle Kuzma was capable of what he did tonight, I would be flat out lying to you.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Had to look up Markakus :p

I know he is selfish and doesnt defend, but all our bench needs is alpha mentality pure scorer to lead the scrubs in limited minutes (Thibs dont like using bench too much), and he excells at creating his own shots and has sweet jumper, so cant complain, does what he is there for and is dazzling to watch in microwave mode. Was watching likes of Rush and Casspi being terrible off bench last season, so fine with it.

Tho I would liked this move better if we kept Shabazz (tho shabazz is like an inferior version of crawford, iso offense only player who cant pass or defend much), but seems like its not happening.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I know that is is just a 1 year deal, but the Lakers getting KCP is such a nice get for us. Our backcourt defense improves exponentially with him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 65)