The NBA Thread (101 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

@King of Kings I know Lonzo looked good in summer league, but Skip is a hugely wtf deluded moron for this (the insane automatic hype for huge markets is flatout crazy for joke so called "reporters" like him), Lakers will defenitely make playoff because of him, a rookie, and they are better then this current Minnesota now :lol: He goes all in one one guy, as big of a talent he is, that hasnt played a single second of NBA yet, talk about setting him up to fail with such crazy hype.

This idiot will be the first to exaggerate and roast the fuck outta Lonzo/Lakers when that doesnt happen.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

@King of Kings I know Lonzo looked good in summer league, but Skip is a hugely wtf deluded moron for this (the insane automatic hype for huge markets is flatout crazy for joke so called "reporters" like him), Lakers will defenitely make playoff because of him, a rookie, and they are better then this current Minnesota now :lol: He goes all in one one guy, as big of a talent he is, that hasnt played a single second of NBA yet, talk about setting him up to fail with such crazy hype.

This idiot will be the first to exaggerate and roast the fuck outta Lonzo/Lakers when that doesnt happen.
Yeah, that's going a little too far. Although I do think that the addition of Lonzo, KCP and Robin Lopez could result in a .500 season, which is a huge step forward. But definitely not the playoffs.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah you stacked your weak starting 5 well enough with KCP (very underrated guy) and Lopez who is a reliable scorer, so should be better then last seasons shitstorm, but its flatout crazy to talk about playoff, due one rookie, as team building type of talent he can be. The West is beyond stacked, dont see SAC, Suns Mavs or you making playoff, tho there is allways a small chance for atleast one of those if some other team under perform.

Worst thing Skip said in that clip is about Paul George, just pure dumbass lol. Pretty sure he will hype the same George like hell if he goes to Lakers next season.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah you stacked your weak starting 5 well enough with KCP (very underrated guy) and Lopez who is a reliable scorer, so should be better then last seasons shitstorm, but its flatout crazy to talk about playoff, due one rookie, as team building type of talent he can be. The West is beyond stacked, dont see SAC, Suns Mavs or you making playoff, tho there is allways a small chance for atleast one of those if some other team under perform.
I don't see it either.

I never once said that they would make the playoffs. I'll be thrilled with a .500 season

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Random question. How do you think Rondo will do in Pelicans? The backcourt in that team looked so sorry, hopefully he is inspired enough to be of use. I just feel sorry for Anthony Davis, I cant wait to see that guy in a functional team. I just loled at the idea of a coach having to handle both Rondo and Cousins in same team :D

And poor D Rose still has no club :( That guy is so toast, even if its not likely good fit for them, I hope Bucks sign him, just to see him in a good team.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Random question. How do you think Rondo will do in Pelicans? The backcourt in that team looked so sorry, hopefully he is inspired enough to be of use. I just feel sorry for Anthony Davis, I cant wait to see that guy in a functional team. I just loled at the idea of a coach having to handle both Rondo and Cousins in same team :D

And poor D Rose still has no club :( That guy is so toast, even if its not likely good fit for them, I hope Bucks sign him, just to see him in a good team.
He'll be a fine backup to Jrue. If Jrue is there all season, it is a different Pelicans team.

Jrue had an awful lot on his mind last year, even when he came back.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rose-meeting-reported-amid-cavaliers-interest

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
[video=twitter;888483595307933697]https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/888483595307933697[/video]

The only places that he can go to are worse than what he currently has. There are few teams that have the cap space, and those that do are in no position to challenge this year, unlike the Cavs.

But it does make me feel somewhat good about Gilbert getting his comeuppance again. Hopefully, it's for good this time. There is no owner in all of sports that I hate more than Dan Gilbert.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Seems to me Kyrie knows LeBron is gone next year, if not this year even, and he is looking to leave the sinking ship.
People thought the Cavs would have one more year of being the Kings in the East but this thing could well unravel as soon as this summer with both LeBron and Kyrie getting traded.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The only places that he can go to are worse than what he currently has. There are few teams that have the cap space, and those that do are in no position to challenge this year, unlike the Cavs.

But it does make me feel somewhat good about Gilbert getting his comeuppance again. Hopefully, it's for good this time. There is no owner in all of sports that I hate more than Dan Gilbert.
Spurs have a 15m cap space iirc

- - - Updated - - -

though I doubt we go for him

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Spurs have a 15m cap space iirc
His contract has a 15% trade kicker, and he is very close to reaching the Derrick Rose provisions in his contract.

At this point, what would the Spurs even have to offer in a trade?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to me Kyrie knows LeBron is gone next year, if not this year even, and he is looking to leave the sinking ship.
People thought the Cavs would have one more year of being the Kings in the East but this thing could well unravel as soon as this summer with both LeBron and Kyrie getting traded.
Who is going to trade for Lebron though? Who even has enough pieces and cap space to do it?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
His contract has a 15% trade kicker, and he is very close to reaching the Derrick Rose provisions in his contract.

yeah this is the problem. Spurs have no good assets to trade right now beside draft picks, which they almost never trade, and those picks are almost guaranteed to be in a lower draft position.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
yeah this is the problem. Spurs have no good assets to trade right now beside draft picks, which they almost never trade, and those picks are almost guaranteed to be in a lower draft position.
And with the Cavaliers being so far over the cap, who knows how they can even facilitate a move without a truck load of draft picks coming back.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
His yearly salary is only 18m a year? Damn, someone needs to make a move for him asap.

And yeah if he asks to be traded its for sure because Lebron told him he is leaving next year.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Who is going to trade for Lebron though? Who even has enough pieces and cap space to do it?
Celtics :klin:

My guess would be Spurs or LA in a multi-team trade. Depends on whether Cavs are willing to blow this whole thing up a year early and how much of a price they would put on it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
His yearly salary is only 18m a year? Damn, someone needs to make a move for him asap.

And yeah if he asks to be traded its for sure because Lebron told him he is leaving next year.
Factor in the 15% kicker and it is over 20 million. And he will soon be eligible for the Derrick Rose Clause if he makes another All-Star or All-NBA Team.

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics :klin:

My guess would be Spurs or LA in a multi-team trade. Depends on whether Cavs are willing to blow this whole thing up a year early and how much of a price they would put on it.
The Celtics?

Sure. Say goodbye to those picks though. You won't be able to avoid trading them this time. He's only 25 with three years left on his deal.

Which LA? The Clippers? And, what do they have to give up, exactly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 95)