The Lebanese political crisis!!! (3 Viewers)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I really don't understand why everybody is jumping on Arabic countries on such issue...I mean I don't see anybody jumping on France for not allowing Hijab in schools, or the "differentiated" treatment American's from Arabic roots get in USA...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
I really don't understand why everybody is jumping on Arabic countries on such issue...I mean I don't see anybody jumping on France for not allowing Hijab in schools, or the "differentiated" treatment American's from Arabic roots get in USA...
i heard that 3 Palestinian college students got jumped today in the US(not sure if it was today)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Rami said:
Definitely, because the main topic is on Hezballah and this has led us to talk about some branched issues and, in my opinion, most of them are completely or partly connected to each other.

So, what about opening another political threads concerning the most controversial political issues from around the world?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Excuse me, you just assume. I've never heard that any Egyptian christian has suffered such a problem (Muslims form 90% of the population in Egypt), so what about Lebanon, in which the vast majority of people there are Christians.

And who told you that Alchol is forbidden? What smuggling are you talking about? Have you ever been to any Arabian country before? Certainly, you can do anything you want to do in the Arabs countries from drinking to whatever you can imagine.

What bikinis? Excuse me, you are talking about another world, Not because most of the Arabs are Muslims, this means that all Christian, who live in the Arab world, are forced to live the same life.

Get your facts mate, Jack is spot on actually, he's pretty right about this topic.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Azzurri7 said:
Get your facts mate, Jack is spot on actually, he's pretty right about this topic.
Do you mean the alcohol and bikini thing?!!! Just inform me about your date of arrival to Egypt and I'll for sure show you both; the most luxurious types of alcohols and the bikinis. (of course if are willing to come).

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #949
    What do you mean by saying that "Christians are not really that free"? If you mean that the system in Syria differentiate between Muslims and Christians, so you must have an evidence to prove your point. You can say that the situation of the Christians in Saudi Arabia is a little bit weird because, as I've mentioned in my previous post, most of the holy Islamic places happens to be located there. By the way, do you think that there are lots of Muslims in Vatican? And if so, do you think that their situation is much accepted? I doubt and I can see the point.

There is a huge difference between terrorists and Al Ikhwan Muslemeen. Terrorists are blind ignorant extremists whose official language is violence. On the other hand, Al Ikhwan Muslemeen are decent sane Islamic organisation who follow the principles both Al Qur'an and the sunna of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.).

The Syrian Ikhwan are just a branch of the Egyptian Ikhwan, who are the origin to all Ikhwan Muslemeen in all the other arabian countries. Consequently, they have the same beliefs, aims and methods. Before misunderstanding me, when I say methods, I mean peaceful methods not violence nor aggression. Even though, if it happens and they use another method as an exception, so that leads me to ask one question, what are the main reason behind such a deed? Certainly, the arabian governments have the most accurate answer.
    In Tripoli, a town in the north of Lebanon, Ikhwan Muslemeen have placed bombs in many shops because they sell beer. Restaurants and Cafes were closed down because they served alcohol. I don't think Hezballa would be any less tolerant, how do you think I could accept them?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    i have been reading all th post ever since this discussion started but i thought i would'nt post but since u want to know here is the condition:

i am not making this up my best friend is a christian and we speak about this freely.

i'll start about the good things that eygptain coptics benefit from ok:

1- they r free to build and repair churches.
    2- they r allowed to carry out there prayers with complete freedom.
    3- they benefit from all the facilities provided by the country and we dont have discrimination when it comes to normal issues like schools, universities, or any other public services like hospitals, car liscence, etc......
    to me these r the most crucial points any christian cares about.

as for alcohol, its available here to every one whether u r christain, jewish, muslim, or u dont belive in anything.

as for the disadvantages or in other words the discriminations that take place.

1- this is from a personal experience, at work for example christians are not always favoured in promotions, i,e there promotions are delyaed and muslims are promoted ahead.

2- politically they r neutral and u never see a high political post where a christian is in charge like for example defense, national security, or exterior afairs.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Do you mean the alcohol and bikini thing?!!! Just inform me about your date of arrival to Egypt and I'll for sure show you both; the most luxurious types of alcohols and the bikinis. (of course if are willing to come).
    I'm not talking about Egypt in particular. I'm talking in general Arab countries. How it is when it comes to beer/bikini skirts etc....It's all related to Islam religion(which IMO is wrong).

However, I don't want to go alot in that topic, we've had hundreds of these kind of topics...

I'll stick in Lebanon and Hezbollah.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    @rab: the ratio of chrisitians to muslims in eygpt is 1:7 i, e for every 7 muslims u have 1 christian so we really dont have harsh discrimination but i know that in lebanon for example the ratios is close and therefore things are a different story for christian lebanese.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Azzurri7 said:
    Does Iraq knock any door?
    And does Iraq reflect all the Arabian countries? Iraq, which has suffered during Saddam's era and the invasion by the USA, isn't eligible just to think about it being an example for proper relationships amongst different Iraqi people.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    And does Iraq reflect all the Arabian countries? Iraq, which has suffered during Saddam's era and the invasion by the USA, isn't eligible just to think about it being an example for a proper relationships and partnerships amongst different Iraqi people.
    It sure doesn't, you asked me to name you, I did name you...I can even name you more than Iraq and give you a long post explaining you everything about this topic. But like I said, I'd prefer to stick on the Lebanese topic.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    In Tripoli, a town in the north of Lebanon, Ikhwan Muslemeen have placed bombs in many shops because they sell beer. Restaurants and Cafes were closed down because they served alcohol. I don't think Hezballa would be any less tolerant, how do you think I could accept them?
    These are called Islamic extremists mate, they aren't related to Ikhwan. Violence isn't their language. Here, in Egypt, we have the roots of Ikhwan and I'm 100% sure about their aims. Maybe these terrorists were trying to use Ikhwan as a defending shield.

i have been reading all th post ever since this discussion started but i thought i would'nt post but since u want to know here is the condition:

i am not making this up my best friend is a christian and we speak about this freely.

i'll start about the good things that eygptain coptics benefit from ok:

1- they r free to build and repair churches.
    2- they r allowed to carry out there prayers with complete freedom.
    3- they benefit from all the facilities provided by the country and we dont have discrimination when it comes to normal issues like schools, universities, or any other public services like hospitals, car liscence, etc......
    to me these r the most crucial points any christian cares about.

as for alcohol, its available here to every one whether u r christain, jewish, muslim, or u dont belive in anything.

as for the disadvantages or in other words the discriminations that take place.

1- this is from a personal experience, at work for example christians are not always favoured in promotions, i,e there promotions are delyaed and muslims are promoted ahead.

2- politically they r neutral and u never see a high political post where a christian is in charge like for example defense, national security, or exterior afairs.
    I agree with you Bisco. Yet I want to uncover something, the relation between Muslims and Christians in Egypt was changed during the seventeenth of the last century and this is a different story.

I'm not talking about Egypt in particular. I'm talking in general Arab countries. How it is when it comes to beer/bikini skirts etc....It's all related to Islam religion(which IMO is wrong).
    And I wasn't talking about Egypt in particular as well. I was talking about all the Arabian countries excluding the Gulf countries, where there are few Christians and none has yet suffered from any sort of discrimination.

By saying this is wrong and this is right in any religion, I think that you are opening another doors, a thing which isn't preferred.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #959
    These are called Islamic extremists mate, they aren't related to Ikhwan. Violence isn't their language. Here, in Egypt, we have the roots of Ikhwan and I'm 100% sure about their aims. Maybe these terrorists were trying to use Ikhwan as a defending shield.

I am sure it was Ikhwan Muslemeen

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Jacques said:
    I am sure it was Ikhwan Muslemeen
    Okay, they maybe Ikhwan, but they are the extremists of the Ikhwan. Extremity is present in every political party or organisation. In my opinion, you can't consider such a misdeed as a reflection to the Ikwan's beliefs or methods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)