The Lebanese political crisis!!! (6 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
no he cares more about his country than he does aboutt he future of his world, our world and you cant make an ignorant comment like that.

anwyay what you said didnt even make sense to what i commented about
In fact, you don't live in the same circumstances, you aren't forced to face the same situation, which the Palestinians must face every single day. They live in a plight, but excuse me, you live in London, what problems are you expected to face other than the regular daily problems?

Edit: I'm not saying that global warming isn't a disaster, but people's troubles differ from one place to another. Actually, the issue is much deeper than to be just discussed in such few phrases.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Here is an interesting article shows how nice it is to protest with Hezbollah.

Downtown becomes ghost town as protests continue

By Lysandra Ohrstrom
Daily Star staff
Saturday, February 03, 2007

Downtown becomes ghost town as protests continue

BEIRUT: After two months, the tent city in Downtown Beirut has become a fact of life for most residents of the capital, but for many commercial tenants the opposition demonstrations have proven to be the final straw after a string of political disruptions stretching back to 2005. What began in January with a few restaurant owners and retailers trickling out of the Beirut Central District (BCD) to other locations in the capital now looks like a mass exodus from what was once one of Lebanon's most popular districts.

On Friday, The Daily Star counted more than 30 vacated properties, empty of both merchandise and customers. At least 20 more stores were closed.

Some shop windows still bear liquidation signs; others read "For Rent;" and a few point customers to different branches. "Hope to see you in better circumstances," is scrawled in black marker on a dry-erase board hanging inside the Massaya Beirut Restaurant.

Those establishments that are still open advertise sales and promotions, taking last stabs at luring the stray customer. Most of the remaining merchants say they plan to wait one more month before making a final decision to close or relocate.

An employee at the Doodle Doo sweet shop says most tenants began closing two weeks ago. Even though the store sees little customer traffic - by mid-afternoon on Friday it had made only one LL 4,500 sale - the employee says his boss refuses to quit the BCD on principle.

"I'm a supervisor but I have no employees to supervise," Hadi Adnan says.

Since the war, Doodle Doo, like many employers, has had to cut down on shifts, prompting many employees in the BCD to find other jobs or leave the country, he explains.

"It's really bad because 90 percent of the employees here are university students. Most didn't register for the fall semester because they did not work this summer. I don't think a lot of them will register for classes in spring either," Adnan says.
Since the summer 2006 war with Israel, 100 of the Virgin Megastore's 300 employees have left for other countries and, to a lesser extent, other jobs, says Jihad Murr, the owner of Virgin's Lebanon franchise.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
In fact, you don't live in the same circumstances, you aren't forced to face the same situation, which the Palestinians must face every single day. They live in a plight, but excuse me, you live in London, what problems are you expected to face other than the regular daily problems?

Edit: I'm not saying that global warming isn't a disaster, but people's troubles differ from one place to another. Actually, the issue is much deeper than to be just discussed in such few phrases.
no thats not what i am saying, its the fact that now the world must work in cohesion against this yet others care about blowing people up and them in turn invading countries. frankly i am sick of it, everyday on the news i hear that some bomb has gone off in palstine for what reason? tell me is their any excuse? no they use gods name in veign. i dont see why they cant live as one but then again i dont live there so0 i wouldnt know

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
so?
u'r telling me u don't??(example, u care about lebanon's well being more than the arab's well being)
omg why cant you people see there wont be a lebanon, palestine or whatever if global warming reaches its worst levels, so all this fighting will have been for nothing when you could have helped

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Gill,

Once again, you call me stupid when I wasn't even talking to you!!

Please stay away from any decent discussion until you mature...

By the way, thanks Abulnubul & Ahmed:toast:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
no thats not what i am saying, its the fact that now the world must work in cohesion against this yet others care about blowing people up and them in turn invading countries.
Of course, the world must unite togther to fight for the sake of the humans againt any threats like global warming. I know that it is a case that nearly the entire world's population is involved in. But the issue of the Palestine Israeli clash is a huge one that can't be ignored at all.

Who is reponsible for increasing the whole world's temperture? Of course, not Palestine, because they simply don't have huge factories, which are the main reason for such an issue. Don't misinterpert me, I don't mean that the countries, which are responsible for the global warming, have to solve this catastrophe with no help from the others. But the point here, who are the others? We're focusing here on Palestine, so let's stick to Palestine.

I always say that to give a fair opinoin you must touch the reality by yourself, not to hear about it just from the media. If you are a Palestinian and you face what they do face from racism, raping their land, humiliation, etc...everyday, you would certainly perceive the tragic truth. How can they even think about how to make the world better by trying to solve one of its biggest problems; global warming, under these circumstances? Even trying to think about it, under their current low socioeconomic standards, is absolutely laughable.

Gill_juve said:
frankly i am sick of it, everyday on the news i hear that some bomb has gone off in palstine for what reason? tell me is their any excuse? no they use gods name in veign. i dont see why they cant live as one but then again i dont live there so0 i wouldnt know
If you say that you feel sick for just watching the news, so what about the people who live inside the predicament since 1948?

Yes, there are dozens of excuses, just check the previous pages.

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
Well if you guys keep on bringing the global warming issue, and think you are funny, there thousands of other things that are fvcking up our globe. Why dont you start talking about pollution or acid rain. This thread is a political one. One about the problems facing the Lebanese and Palestenians now, not after a hundred years.. So you better grow up.

PS: By global warming the whole world will all suffer, not anly the Arabs.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
did i tell u to stay out of this thread??
i was clearly talking about the bolded part(in other words, stay out the palestine-israel conflict)
I think most of us Americans would like to stay out of the conflict, but we keep getting thrown into it...or should I say BLAMED for everything thats happening

I'll say it again, I think both sides should agree to share the land, and have their own separate countries....whatever is going to make everyone as happy as possible

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I'll say it again, I think both sides should agree to share the land, and have their own separate countries....whatever is going to make everyone as happy as possible
Do you remember the attack on Pearl Harbour during the second world war by the Japanese Navy? Suppose that Japan had occupied that part of the USA up till now. The story continues, as Japan became a nuclear superpower and the USA was losing its economical and military powers day after day with the complete domination of the Japanese troops on the land. What is more, Japan controlled most of the media around the world and they succeeded to convince lots of nations that their ancestors were the first to live in Pearl Harbour and they had all the right to take their historical land back.

Would your opinion be (as an American who wants peace) "I think both sides should agree to share the land, and have their own separate countries"? In fact, I doubt.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Do you remember the attack on Pearl Harbour during the second world war by the Japanese Navy? Suppose that Japan had occupied that part of the USA up till now. The story continues, as Japan became a nuclear superpower and the USA was losing its economical and military powers day after day with the complete domination of the Japanese troops on the land. What is more, Japan controlled most of the media around the world and they succeeded to convince lots of nations that their ancestors were the first to live in Pearl Harbour and they had all the right to take their historical land back.

Would your opinion be (as an American who wants peace) "I think both sides should agree to share the land, and have their own separate countries"? In fact, I doubt.
nice analogy, but it doesnt exactly reflect the same situations...

whether anyone here wants to agree or not, the Jews have a long history in the same area as the Palestinians...this goes back to biblical times

both Muslims and Jews hold the same areas as holy (as well as the Christians), and their histories and inter-twined...

lets not make it sound like someone came along on the beach, saw a good spot near the water, and dumped their towels, drinks, umbrella, and cooler down on someone elses spot...because thats not really the case here

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
nice analogy, but it doesnt exactly reflect the same situations...

whether anyone here wants to agree or not, the Jews have a long history in the same area as the Palestinians...this goes back to biblical times

both Muslims and Jews hold the same areas as holy (as well as the Christians), and their histories and inter-twined...
So the main point of difference between your story and mine is the history. Also, the history says that Jews have had long history in Europe, so why didn't they choose another country to settle in?

The whole case isn't related to neither their history nor Judaism, but because the circumstances at that time helped them to occupy Palestine (and this is another issue).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
To see the full picture, you need ppl from both poles , you cant just decide who is right without listening to both sides of the story.

and in regards to Jack, i dont know wht ur talking about, cuz he IS taking sides
Yes, he's taking the side of what is best for his own country of Lebanon... not Hezbollah or Syria or Israel but the place where he happens to be from. Moreover, he certainly isn't taking the side of those who prefer to demolish their own country just because they have friends in other places who would like them to do so to simply cause more chaos.

Rab is the perfect example of somebody who sees all sides of the issues in Lebanon... he even has a relative in Hezbollah FFS. Surely somebody who wants an unbiased view of what is happening in Lebanon will turn to such a person for his opinions, not those who support Hezbollah or someone who sympathizes for Israel. They have their own agendas which probably are not conducive of what is best for Lebanon.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Yes, he's taking the side of what is best for his own country of Lebanon... not Hezbollah or Syria or Israel but the place where he happens to be from. Moreover, he certainly isn't taking the side of those who prefer to demolish their own country just because they have friends in other places who would like them to do so to simply cause more chaos.
Naturally, anyone wants the sake of his country first of all and then comes anything else. The ideology in the Arab world is a little bit different. Simply, because the Arabs (from The Atlantic ocean to The Arabian Sea) speak the same language, the vast majority of them are Muslims either Sunni or Shia, they nearly have the same customs and traditions, they live in the same environment and they face the same troubles.

This is called The Arabian Nationalism; all the Arabs should be one hand, live peacefuly, develop together and prosper together. A thing that hasn't achieved yet (and not expected to be achieved in the near future. Of course, the reason for such a mockery are the USA agents aka the Arabs leaders; either Presidents or Kings). The pervious ideology might be old fashioned and when you hear it for the first time, you think that such an ideology could just be mentioned during demonstrations. Still most of the Arabs and the Arabian streets have great faith in the Arabian Nationalism including me.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
did i tell u to stay out of this thread??
i was clearly talking about the bolded part(in other words, stay out the palestine-israel conflict)
You're not being very clear. If you're threatening me like I'm an official for the US Government, you really need to find somebody actually within the government because I'm not a part of it, nor am I entering the Palestine-Israel conflict. If I was indeed part of the goverment I would certainly stay out of the conflict because you're doing a good enough job obliterating each other as it is.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
You're not being very clear. If you're threatening me like I'm an official for the US Government, you really need to find somebody actually within the government because I'm not a part of it, nor am I entering the Palestine-Israel conflict. If I was indeed part of the goverment I would certainly stay out of the conflict because you're doing a good enough job obliterating each other as it is.
The two parties who are fighting in Gaza are losing their followers continuously...

It won't stop until many leaders of the two parties will be killed: Dahlan, Abbas, Masha'al, Zahhar, Seyam, Erakat, Nabeel Amr, Abd Rabbu...

The liberation movement needs much cleaning because it lost its compass...

If REAL elections are done today, both of Fatah & Hamas will lose their majority, and new leaders will appear...

Islamic Jehad & PFLP are getting more popularity in the Palestinian lands, and that's very good for the long-run...

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #919
    Naturally, anyone wants the sake of his country first of all and then comes anything else. The ideology in the Arab world is a little bit different. Simply, because the Arabs (from The Atlantic ocean to The Arabian Sea) speak the same language, the vast majority of them are Muslims either Sunni or Shia, they nearly have the same customs and traditions, they live in the same environment and they face the same troubles.

This is called The Arabian Nationalism; all the Arabs should be one hand, live peacefuly, develop together and prosper together. A thing that hasn't achieved yet (and not expected to be achieved in the near future. Of course, the reason for such a mockery are the USA agents aka the Arabs leaders; either Presidents or Kings). The pervious ideology might be old fashioned and when you hear it for the first time, you think that such an ideology could just be mentioned during demonstrations. Still most of the Arabs and the Arabian streets have great faith in the Arabian Nationalism including me.
    What if the few Christians left in Lebanon and Syria and some in Iraq don't want to live under Muslim customs and traditions? What would you do with them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)