The end of an era (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Arsene Wenger had a really great back-line to work with. The team of Seaman keeping nets behind Dixon, Adams, Keown and Winterburn was the greatest English back-line of a generation. Seaman retired a few weeks ago, Adams is managing a lower league team, Dixon and Winterburn are long gone. All good things come to an end. Martin Keown is still playing. ;)

But Arsenal still have a good defense. And it's not Keown's fault. It's Campbell's and Cole's and Toure's. A good manager can replace a fine team in its entirity. Don't give up on your team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The point is, new talent has to be nurtured alongside experience. You cannot blood youngsters by putting 4 new defenders in your back line and expect them to go out and be the best defense in the country.
Its gonna happen gradualy as they become part of the systeml.

Neway guys have to admit to all of yall, i hate legro. And i hope we can sell him. :yuck:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
well, lucio is 99.99999999% ours next season.. we need to ensure that we get a right or left back and put thuram with lucio in CB.. like this..

New-RB/Zambro---Thuram---Lucio---Zambro/New-LB

this way we'll have two new(hopefully)good defenders and two old good defenders and the problem is solved.. and i think this is how moggi is thinking..

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Lucio, I'm not that keen on him. I just want Trabelsi and Mexes..
I wish we get Trabelsi and Mexes.. alongside with Lucio.. :extatic:

Trabelsi---Thuram---Lucio/Mexes---Zambro :strong:

May 17, 2003
Wait how do you know that Lucio will be ours next season??? You make it sound like he has signed a contract with us. That would be great though. And how is it going with Mexes??? There is'nt anything new about us signing him right???

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
The fans would not be pleased. And the board would not be crazy enough to do it.

What you suggest is extreme and... I don't think it would ever happen because Juve is a club that also bases its decisions on financial reasons.

Getting rid of our main house-hold names wouldn't help us with reaching our aim of being a 'global club'.

I think i ought to rephrase my question: Is DP more influencial than Nedved?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #96
    He's not really valuable to this team IMO. He's actually more valuable as an icon and a symbol more than a player on the pitch. IMO if he's not doing anything on the pitch we should sell him, image doesnt bring trophies.

Sep 28, 2002
    you cannot compares influences of del piero and nedved. nedved plays better (at least he used to), but del piero is a moral leader. gee, why not sell all our symbols and buy bunch of robots. true zlatan, image doesnt bring any trophies but it unites the team.

Aug 1, 2003
    cmon Zlatan. as badly as you want to there are VERY slim chances of us letting go of DP. Nedved is quality, so is DP, nedved is older, and though he brings great things Del Piero will always lead Juve. Hate it or love it, that's the way it goes.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Although i agree with selling both Nedved and Dp. I dont think we shud sell em together because it would be a lil hard for their replacements to graduate to such a level immediately. If one of them goes, the other can be of use till the new replacement settles in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)