The Doped Lady (7 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
About creatine, I have to say I don't know anything about it myself but there has to be a reason why it's banned in some countries, right? I remember Zidane stirred the pot a bit when he admitted to taking it, while the French press obviously were aware that it's a banned substance in France. So why is it banned? Probably based on experimental data, right? Anyway, carry on..

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++So why is it banned? Probably based on experimental data, right? Anyway, carry on..
Together with ATP Creatin (also produced naturally in the body) provides the body's max performance for some seconds. Creatin is also an ingredient of meat. 5 gram of Creatin (an usual dose) is equivalent to the concentration in 1.1 kg of beef. In theory Creatin also expands the accumulator for power. So the max performance can be held up longer. But these conjectures are not evidenced by scientific studies (iirc) but by subjective sentiments.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
About creatine, I have to say I don't know anything about it myself but there has to be a reason why it's banned in some countries, right? I remember Zidane stirred the pot a bit when he admitted to taking it, while the French press obviously were aware that it's a banned substance in France. So why is it banned? Probably based on experimental data, right? Anyway, carry on..
caffeine is banned too, but it isn't dangerous at all...

And Basti posted excellent answer already...

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
The funny thing about all this doping trial is that prosecutors are assuming the use of epo based in blood analysis that where performed seven or eight years ago...and they are presumming and suspecting it based in medical opinions that are picked and choosed by the prosecutors themselves...disqualifaying all the medical opinions offered by the defensor attorneys...i mean, the team is considered guilty without having any chance to defense, as all evidence presented by defense as been discarted inmediatly...smells fishy....

OP
Kaiser Franco
Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #68
    Kurvenschmützenburgerfluster,

Spare me your metalinguistic subtleties. You tried to justify the doping trial with the alleged jealousy of other unsuccessful clubs and people (I suppose my supporting the most successful team in Italy and abroad for the past 15 years should not make me fall into that category btw).

Are Juve players the only ones taking drugs? No. Is Juventus a team where doping has been organised on a large, systematic scale (the infamous "doping amministrativo" as it is called)? That's what is being investigated.

Eaglesnake,

Of course the tests in question go back to 7 or 8 years ago. The prosecution is trying to determine the blood values of the players over a determined and relatively long period of time. It is trying to see why the hematocrite rates have been abnormally and simultaneously high in several players at determined moments of the season. Again, it is trying to see if we are talking "occasional doping" or "administrative doping".

I haven't read your article yet, but as far as I am concerned I wouldn't lump together the current fight for power at Lega Calcio and the doping trial. There is clearly something not right in how football leaders are dealing with things atm, and I for one would tend to side with the small club presidents and be in favour of Galliani's resignation from the Presidency of the Lega, as, again, his holding that position while being the President of Milan bears a clear conflict of interests (but then the problem is : who can replace him?). But to say that the doping trial is being used by the anti-Galliani/Giraudo's as a way to impose their agenda seems a bit far-fetched. If you can read Italian and are interested in the subject, I recommend you an excellent book I read some time ago called "Il pallone nel burrone", by Salvatore Napolitano and Marco Liguori. It is very enlightening on how Italian football ended up in the situation it is today.

OP
    Kaiser Franco
    Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #69
    Oh and about creatine : the fact that it is illegal in certain countries as Martin pointed out suggests that physicians and regulatory authorities are not sure yet what to make of it exactly. Anyway, the incriminated enhancer here is EPO, and that sure as hell is an illegal poison.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    creatine should be banned everywere, not because its dope but it can cause som serious kidney/liver damage, plus some say you can get cancer from it, if you use alot over many years.

Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    Kurvenschmützenburgerfluster,
    You should copy and paste if you aren't capable of writing it correctly.

Spare me your metalinguistic subtleties. You tried to justify the doping trial with the alleged jealousy of other unsuccessful clubs and people (I suppose my supporting the most successful team in Italy and abroad for the past 15 years should not make me fall into that category btw).
    I never said that others had no success. Did I write "We had more success than others."? And it wasn't my aim to adress you. Your were the one fussing about my signature.

Are Juve players the only ones taking drugs? No.
    Why is only Juve impeached? Where are all the other players and physicians in charge? Don't you support the idea of an allout anti-doping campaign?

Is Juventus a team where doping has been organised on a large, systematic scale (the infamous "doping amministrativo" as it is called)? That's what is being investigated.
    Correctly, that is being investigated, though there isn't any conviction yet. Btw...in Germany it is not allowed to write about "deliquent(s)" (while pointing on a special man/group) if the one isn't convicted not yet. ;)
    I don't know how it is handled in other countries.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    good point

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
    Creatine makes you big fast and your body doesnt have time to adjust putting strain on your heart,liver and kidney when you stop using creatine all the muscle turns to fat basically.So we may soon see Zidane a fat man

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by JUVESUPPORTER ] ++
    Creatine makes you big fast and your body doesnt have time to adjust putting strain on your heart,liver and kidney when you stop using creatine all the muscle turns to fat basically.So we may soon see Zidane a fat man
    :D That sure does explain a lot about Del Piero..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    The former can be minimised by taking a measured dosage.

The latter us just untrue. Creatine is essentially the raw muscle fuel your body manfactures and uses itself. By adding an artificial amount of it to your diet (it is naturally occuring in red meat), an athlete increases his ability to train. This develops muscle. When someone stops using cretine, they will either maintain their muscle mass by training, or lose it. Muscle doesn't turn to fat - that's a myth whose origins lie in the fact that people with intensive training regemes often fail to restrain their diet when they stop training (eg. due to retirement). They ate then still taking in a lot of energy, but not burning it up - so they put of fat. Simultaneously, they lose muscle mass as it wastes away, unmaintained.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

The former can be minimised by taking a measured dosage.

The latter us just untrue. Creatine is essentially the raw muscle fuel your body manfactures and uses itself. By adding an artificial amount of it to your diet (it is naturally occuring in red meat), an athlete increases his ability to train. This develops muscle. When someone stops using cretine, they will either maintain their muscle mass by training, or lose it. Muscle doesn't turn to fat - that's a myth whose origins lie in the fact that people with intensive training regemes often fail to restrain their diet when they stop training (eg. due to retirement). They ate then still taking in a lot of energy, but not burning it up - so they put of fat. Simultaneously, they lose muscle mass as it wastes away, unmaintained.
    Yes, you are 100% correct

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
    creatine should be banned everywere, not because its dope but it can cause som serious kidney/liver damage, plus some say you can get cancer from it, if you use alot over many years.
    And what studies or tests have you conducted, doctor ??????!!!!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    It's not always you see player turns fat , it's how they work after they finish using it , i don't see them gettin fat , if they kept working hard in traning and matches...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)