Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (113 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Regarding the squad for CL, it was nicely explained on one of polish fansite. Current squad looks like this (Perrin and Pjaca not included):
Obecna-kadra-1.jpg

Its 25 players, with out Chiellini its 24. The limit with one HG player (Pinsoglio) is 22 players so 2 of the players above wont be included for CL. The rumours were that this will be Mandzukic and Matuidi. Right now i have doubts Matuidi will not be included, because he plays.
Perhaps we can take a risk and NOT register Buffon. As I understand it you need at least two GKs. If both gets injured you can replace one for the duration of the injury. If Szczesny gets injured, we then ask Pinsoglio to kick a brick and then replace Szczesny with Buffon, and then put him back in the squad once he is fit again.
  1. 45.04 If a club cannot count on the services of at least two goalkeepers registered on List A because of long-term injury or illness, the club concerned may temporarily replace the goalkeeper concerned and register a new goalkeeper at any time during the season and complete the official registration list A with a goalkeeper fit to be fielded. An injury or illness is considered long-term if it lasts at least 30 days as of the day the injury or illness occurred. In case the recovery of the goalkeeper occurs before this 30 day period, the player must remain out of the players List A until the end of such period. If the replaced goalkeeper was registered as a locally trained player, the new goalkeeper does not need to be a locally trained player. The club must provide UEFA with the necessary medical evidence in one of UEFA's official languages. UEFA may require further medical examination of the goalkeeper by an expert appointed by UEFA at the cost of the club. Once the injured or ill goalkeeper is fit to be fielded again he can resume his position in place of his nominated substitute. The return of the original goalkeeper must be announced to the UEFA administration 24 hours before the next match in which the original goalkeeper is due to play. (UEFA, regulations of the champions league 2018-21 cycle, https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile.../Regulations/02/60/37/12/2603712_DOWNLOAD.pdf, p.43)

Either way, this is a matter we've seen coming for more than a decade and I am hoping that it will burn us more badly than it has so far. So far our management has been lucky, and this time with the injury on Chiellini it actually prevents other kinds of damage. But I want this fire to burn and hit us hard because we've been neglecting this issue for so long that I really can't fashion how poor mismanaged it has been. It's such a simple thing to consider but... heck... what do I know. But this summer has given me the impression of Paratici being a very, very good scout and poacher for opportunities but someone that needs to take care of the management aspect. Uhm... well... kind of a Marotta but a better fit with the rest of our management I suppose. If previous speculations about further sharpening of these rules takes place (they never will) we'd be in for hell. Actually, if I were running Barca and RM, this is something I'd push extremely hard for.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Any news on Pjaca and Perin? Those two have to be sold. They won't make the serie A list, the CL list and we won't be able to play them at all.
both are injured and consequently will sit out the first part of the season until they are recovered. any sale is impossible until they are injured unfortunately.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12,440
    I wanted you to tell me that Rakitić was on the stove
    He wants to come here according to El Chiringuito but making a deal in these next few hours is unlikely? :boh:

Any news on Pjaca and Perin? Those two have to be sold. They won't make the serie A list, the CL list and we won't be able to play them at all.
    January mercato.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)