Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Dont know about a class above Can although I agree about the football IQ thing.
I see Rakitic as cm who can attack and defend well and thats it
I see Can as a player who is quite good at defending but I dont recall him attacking too much..
Rakitic vs Can - Same price and wages aka straight swap?! Still a No from me as I think we can get money from Can while selling Rakitic would be much tougher..
Rakitic isn’t at his best anymore so I guess this sort of levels the playing field more (although he’s still better).
But you’re correct regarding not getting much sell on value with him due to his age and him being able to drop off completely at any point. It would be a risky investment whereas Can is still young so will still have value later on even if he floopz

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Really? Swapping 25 year olds in Dybala and Can for 31 and 32 year old Rakitic and Suarez? Haven't we learned nothing from this year's selling struggles?

I used to be a big fan of those, especially Suarez, but now it's a bit late for both.

We should target buying players before or in their primes. Exceptions should be made only for, well exceptional players like Ronaldo.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If Eriksen becomes free agent than we will definitely sign him as we can offer higher wages due to new tax laws
I dont know I think he has his heart set on Real..

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Swapping 25 year olds in Dybala and Can for 31 and 32 year old Rakitic and Suarez? Haven't we learned nothing from this year's selling struggles?

I used to be a big fan of those, especially Suarez, but now it's a bit late for both.

We should target buying players before or in their primes. Exceptions should be made only for, well exceptional players like Ronaldo.
Suarez will be another Higuain in 1 year time while Rakitic will have no suitors and will probably go to MLS or something in 2 years..

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Reports that Icardi is staying at Inter so they'll have Sanchez, Lukaku and Icardi. Once Icardi starts I don't see Sanchez ever featuring for them.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Perin still injured. Probably leaves in January.
Same with Pjaca.
Rugani had offers from Roma and Monaco. Barcelona rumour most probably BS. Hesitated on Roma offer because wanted a permanent deal. Well see!
Rumours of Juan Miranda of Barca B. LB. Young. Why not keep Pellegrini then? Boh!
Pogba posting bianconeri shit. LOL
Khedira most probably staying.
Matuidi got offers but wants to stay. Will probably be off the CL list then.
Because these 2 stay there were rumours of Can or Benta out. Doubt it. Who knows?
Pipita wants to stay.
Mario had or didn't have a Bayern offer.
Dybala rumours. I think he'll stay. Some link him to PSG, Farca, inDa...
Icardi still waiting...
Becase the whole idea is to swap players to maximize plusvalenza. Seems like it's the only trick Paratici knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Juve asked Barcelona for Ousmane Dembele
Isn't he injured? Uno di noi.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Rakitic might be better but he is still meh in my books - Never rated him and always thought about him as average..
I`d play Ramsey Pjanic Rabiot before I`d play Rakitic and I dont think Rakitic will be brought as a sub if he does arrive..
Rakitic is not a meh, what’s a meh anyway? Rakitic is still better than all of our midfielders except Pjanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Rakitic is not a meh, what’s a meh anyway? Rakitic is still better than all of our midfielders except Pjanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope..
Rabiot is miles ahead of him
Pjanic is way better
Ramsey (when not injured) is better than him

Your point was valid for last season though..

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Nope..
Rabiot is miles ahead of him
Pjanic is way better
Ramsey (when not injured) is better than him

Your point was valid for last season though..
I take it you're exaggerating with the "miles ahead" and "way better" but i still I disagree with this. You're seriously underrating Rakitic or you've only seen him in doses. There's a reason he has been a starter for Barca for the last 5 years.

Rabiot and Pjanic aren't "way" better than him at all. Neither is Ramsey. At best (for them) they're about the same level but Rakitic has proven more than them all.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Would absolutely piss myself if we managed to trade Can for Rakitic. Piss myself on a daily basis. And even if he has a shit game for us, I’ll still be pissing myself thinking about the trade. Even when I’m 6 feet under, the smell of urine would be smelt from above. To the point where they’ll have to dig me up and do thorough tests to find out what’s causing this constant pissing of a dead corpse.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Please not Suárez he is clearly past his best and would be a pointless signing at nearly 32 I would rather Icardi but if it’s a case of selling Dybala to get a central striker I would rather someone else entirely Icardi is just a better option than Suárez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)