Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Demiral would have already been sold if it wasn’t for Chiellini being so injury prone.
Super facts

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I'm yacked as fuuuuuuuck any thread as any
Sending hugs and kisses to all of tuz much love
Love you guys
And by God I really do hope to see the ones I truly fuck in their country of residence from @Völler to @Bianconero81 to @Osman to @bianconero[Rus] @ZoSo and aus @sheik @Woody @x Gordo something ahah vieul pere j'ai la majority de mes infraction de toi ahahaj @Tommy @asif and all in between much love God willing we'll cheers in person and @DAiDEViL necessary shoutout along with @Post Ironic and @Mark and @coyote aka @Ocelot bruuuh love you guys for real for real too many to mention and zizi @zizinho

- - - Updated - - -

I'm super juiced atm allow it niggas

- - - Updated - - -

And zoric too @Nzoric muuuuch love and @Maddy and @Lapa despite your funny racist talks

Last edited:

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Yes even Rugani has contributed. However I was talking more about players such as Sami and Blaise who have been absolute starters here and probably feel they can force their way back in to the starting 11. These are players that I doubt fear a little competition for places.

I also doubt any of them is just happy to sit on the bench and collect the monies. They want to play for Juventus, I consider that much more ambitious than going to whatever mid league team to compete for nothing. It's ambition that is keeping them here not vice-versa as you seem to think. For example Rugani would find it much easier at Monaco to collect his paycheck while getting more playing time as a bonus.
They were absolute starters because of Allegri. No other top club will start them. Get your facts straight.

Jun 6, 2015
They were absolute starters because of Allegri. No other top club will start them. Get your facts straight.
They've been starters wherever they've played. Dem are da facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Rugani has been a bench player for Juve until now and we just bought another WC player in MdL and a very talented Demiral in his position.

The whole world including his mother know that he will be nothing but a 5th CB for us.

And if being a 5th CB more ambitious than trying to a earn a starting spot at Monaco who even might try for a CL spot next season, then I think I have missunderstood the word ambitious my whole life.
You probably have then.

His mindset is to be a starter here as proven by the fact that he has stayed here all this time fighting for his place against club legends even though there have been plenty of chances to go and earn his money in an easier environment. I'm not sure he is ever going to make it here but I'm sure he believes in himself much more than we do around here.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Super facts

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway I'm yacked as fuuuuuuuck any thread as any
Sending hugs and kisses to all of tuz much love
Love you guys
And by God I really do hope to see the ones I truly fuck in their country of residence from @Völler to @Bianconero81 to @Osman to @bianconero[Rus] @ZoSo and aus @sheik @Woody @x Gordo something ahah vieul pere j'ai la majority de mes infraction de toi ahahaj @Tommy @asif and all in between much love God willing we'll cheers in person and @DAiDEViL necessary shoutout along with @Post Ironic and @Mark and @coyote aka @Ocelot bruuuh love you guys for real for real too many to mention and zizi @zizinho

- - - Updated - - -

I'm super juiced atm allow it niggas

- - - Updated - - -

And zoric too @Nzoric muuuuch love and @Maddy and @Lapa despite your funny racist talks
My man

We need to smoke some herb and chase fat bitches

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I don’t follow. Khedira’s book value was €325k at the beginning of 2018. He would have ran out his full contract and depreciated to 0. Instead they extended out 3 years...and gave him a pay bump. Saving €200k on FFP while causing an income statement drag of over €10 million until 2021 doesn’t really improve FFP. And given that the income statement says that the renewal was effective starting the beginning of 18-19, that would mean a gross wage step up of €3.5 million for the 18-19. Not to mention they paid Khedira’s agent €1.3M in the first half of the year (highest of any agent), likely because of the renewal. So they’d pay €4.8 additional during 18-19 to save €200k? And then commit to pay >€10M gross for the following 2 years....I can’t rationalize it financially...which makes it sound like they did for a sporting reason...
The sporting reason, of course, was an important factor, and this particular fact makes their decision rational also from the financial perspective. Since they needed Khedira on the pitch, if they let him go for free they would have needed to sign another player to fill his spot, which would incur additional significant costs both in terms of the transfer itself and the new player's wage (since we're talking about the replacement of the player of Khedira's level, it wouldn't have been anyone cheaper than, say, "free" Ramsey was). So, even if it wasn't about Sami's book value, even if he was basically considered as a new free signing, it was not such a bad deal as it might seem now.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
At this stage Sarri needs to be clear with his favourites and starting 11 so by Christmas the likes of Rugani should realise that they have no future. They should want to leave whether it be for money in the Middle East or elsewhere for game time. Players haven't done anything wrong, it is what it is. The first indicator is the CL squad, here it should be very clear who needs to be looking for a new club.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
the interest of the club is bigger than the players and we can't make all decisions purely on the basis of emotions
To be fair, when those players signed their contracts the club didn't do them any favors - they were needed by the club and signed mutually balanced documents. If those players did their best (and they did, in my opinion) and are ready to continue doing it, then the club has neither legal nor moral rights to treat them badly, and it's the club's job to find for these players equally good places if the club management are the ones who are wiling to terminate those contracts ahead of schedule.

Mar 3, 2014
The sporting reason, of course, was an important factor, and this particular fact makes their decision rational also from the financial perspective. Since they needed Khedira on the pitch, if they let him go for free they would have needed to sign another player to fill his spot, which would incur additional significant costs both in terms of the transfer itself and the new player's wage (since we're talking about the replacement of the player of Khedira's level, it wouldn't have been anyone cheaper than, say, "free" Ramsey was). So, even if it wasn't about Sami's book value, even if he was basically considered as a new free signing, it was not such a bad deal as it might seem now.
That’s where management isn’t planning well. If they expect to go and buy 1-2 midfielders, which they did, they should have held back on the extension. They would have had him until the end of the year anyways. Instead they signed him and bought two midfielders... if all of this is happening in a 6-12 month period, that’s poor fiscal planning period. If new signings were likely, they should have held back on the extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
To be fair, when those players signed their contracts the club didn't do them any favors - they were needed by the club and signed mutually balanced documents. If those players did their best (and they did, in my opinion) and are ready to continue doing it, then the club has neither legal nor moral rights to treat them badly, and it's the club's job to find for these players equally good places if the club management are the ones who are wiling to terminate those contracts ahead of schedule.
Quite clearly we have decided to cash in on our young players as the old guard refuses to move on and such decisions can have disastrous consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)