Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (63 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Pellegrini on loan to Cagliari.
no sells. Bayern want Mario. Monaco want Matuidi and Rugani. Roma wanted Lovren but deal seems off so they might go back for Rugani.
If we get rid of four players will that be enough for everyone to play in Serie A? Sure we might have two out for the CL but that has happened before.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Yes even Rugani has contributed. However I was talking more about players such as Sami and Blaise who have been absolute starters here and probably feel they can force their way back in to the starting 11. These are players that I doubt fear a little competition for places.

I also doubt any of them is just happy to sit on the bench and collect the monies. They want to play for Juventus, I consider that much more ambitious than going to whatever mid league team to compete for nothing. It's ambition that is keeping them here not vice-versa as you seem to think. For example Rugani would find it much easier at Monaco to collect his paycheck while getting more playing time as a bonus.
If my employer didn't want me, I sure as hell would find another job.

The problem is that these old guys are on fat salaries and no one is stupid enough to offer them the same. And almost nobody would leave their good paying job for a worse paying one.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Relax people, no need to panic. Even if we offload just one or two players we're good. If some players don't want to leave, let them fight for the starting 11. If they don't make it in half a season, we can expect more departures in January. If not, then next Summer. Just don't extend their contracts anymore and Juve will be good.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Imagine the club extended Khedira's contract last year and even gave him a €2M wage increase only to realise what everyone else already knew: he's absolute trash and now less than a year later, struggling to offload him:ratcafe:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Imagine the club extended Khedira's contract last year and even gave him a €2M wage increase only to realise what everyone else already knew: he's absolute trash and now less than a year later, struggling to offload him:ratcafe:
There's no need to imagine. This happened. And it's stunning.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
https://www.tuttojuve.com/altre-not...uro-futuro-a-breve-faremo-una-riunione-467223

Dybala rimane?

"Eh certo, è un giocatore della Juve, è normale rimanga".

"Dybala remains?" Certainly. He is a Juventus player, it is normal he remains."

Paratici said this back in April - so unless all the media's reporting has been completely wrong, Paratici saying someone "remains" doesn't mean much, so I agree w/ your skepticism. You can't take these statements as complete fact. Based on his interview, I would guess that Rugani is far along in negotiations since he suggested that he may leave. With the others, you cannot publicly say that they're leaving because 1) it's embarrassing to the player, especially if they do stay (look at Perisic) and 2) it hurts negotiating leverage (Icardi, James). So Paratici is doing the right thing in saying that "they both remain with Juventus", but obviously things can change.
I agree with your point but that wasn't even what I was saying. The post I quoted was citing Gazzetta saying that Matuidi will stay, but that was wrong. I was reading Gazzetta at the time. I guess someone online simply mistranslated something. The paper was saying that Matuidi was expected to go to Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)