Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Pjanic would have to give way for Eriksen and no way will he only go for 50M, all the elite clubs will get into a bidding war for him.
If we use the money from the possible sale of Mandzukic/Higuain or Kean, Matuidi, Perin to bring in Eriksen instead of Icardi, I think it's do able.

Besides who will we go into a bidding war with? Madrid can't seem to offload anyone to balance their heavily invested transfer window, Similarly with barca too.

Man utd? - Why would he want to join them at this stage of his career given the mess they are in
city? - Viable option but will he start?

Besides Juve is clearly the club to be at right now so long we have Ronaldo

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Eriksen probably prefers Real according to reports so if we wait for his contract to expire he will go to Real..
The only way to get him is to try now.
Same goes for Neymar who is Barca bound

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We all know how this gonna end.

We make a deal with the player, he accept our offer and then we proceed to agree on the price with the club. They ask for 100 milion, but we are not ready to offer more than 40 milion. They reject it, and we wait for him till next summer to announce him for free.
It will be okay, just pretend we loaned him out to Tottenham for 1 year like we loaned out Romero to Genoa

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Barca and Madrid can very easily afford Erikssen, as can United of course.

It is us that have bigger problems balancing the mercato than the Spanish clubs
are you sure? "net spend" doesn't make too much sense without considering salaries too, but real already spent 300m on players rights, sold some for around 100m, and they are finding it pretty hard to offload some players. barcelona bought griezmann, de jong and some other players for ~240m, sold some for "only" ~110, and if rumors are to believed, they are yet to fund neymar somehow.

juve on the other hand barely spent 150m on incoming players, and we sold some loaned out guys for 110m without even weakening the first squad. if we sell kean to fund that disgusting piece of shit from inda, sell cancelo for a cheaper target like hysaj, offload khedira, perin and higuain, plus maybe get an okay from the coach to sell rugani, we might end up with a profit come august. for me, eriksen is doable. we need to get lucky a bit with perin passing a freaking medical, and make sacrifices like accept minusvalenza on higuain or rescind khedira's contract without any income, still, eriksen could be a realistic purchase without breaking the bank.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Eriksen is great but I really think we are being quite unrealistic. Our wage bill is getting out of control post Ronaldo, De Ligt, Ramsey and Rabiot. I think all we are going to see from now until the end of the window are sales.

Also given how much we are paying Ramsey, I doubt he will be the "bench player" to Eriksen. I suspect the best we can hope for is to try to entice Erikson to not sign a contract and sign him the following year on a free.

I suspect Rugani could be on the way out as would Khedira and 1 or 2 of Higuain, Mandzukic and Kean. You could also possibly add Cuadrado to that list. Perin is going too.

I suspect the club needs more "plusvulensa" to balance the books. Any player we add needs more sales on top of the ones I just mentioned. Any big signings may involve big ticket players such as Cancelo, Dybala, or Costa.

---
The squad overall should be very good after having reinforced defence and midfield but on the latter, I still don't think we are world class in the midfield department. Rabiot is good and so is Ramsey but what I felt we really needed was a cut above. Its also going to take a long time for the players to used to Sarri's system. So I don't think our midfield will look great until well into the season.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
If only we can keep both cancelo and sandro to provide width, this is potentially amazing
Actually we can

Just sell Khedira, Matuidi, Mandzukic, Perin, Bonucci/Rugani, Cuadrado then we have the money to buy Eriksen

Woj - Buffon
Cancelo - MDS
A Sandro - L Pellegrini
Chiellini - Demiral
De Ligt - Bonucci/Rugani
Pjanic - Emre Can
Rabiot - Bentancur
Eriksen - Ramsey
CR 7 - Higuain
Dybala - Kean

We still have Douglas Costa, Pjaca and Berna, but we need 1 or 2 more central midfielder, De Paul from Udinese will be great I think
Zaniolo, Tonali

4-4-2 diamond actually great for fast passing play since they create more compact triangle
But we really need wingback with high stamina to give width option and DM with great defensive ability to compensate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)