Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
are you sure? "net spend" doesn't make too much sense without considering salaries too, but real already spent 300m on players rights, sold some for around 100m, and they are finding it pretty hard to offload some players. barcelona bought griezmann, de jong and some other players for ~240m, sold some for "only" ~110, and if rumors are to believed, they are yet to fund neymar somehow.

juve on the other hand barely spent 150m on incoming players, and we sold some loaned out guys for 110m without even weakening the first squad. if we sell kean to fund that disgusting piece of shit from inda, sell cancelo for a cheaper target like hysaj, offload khedira, perin and higuain, plus maybe get an okay from the coach to sell rugani, we might end up with a profit come august. for me, eriksen is doable. we need to get lucky a bit with perin passing a freaking medical, and make sacrifices like accept minusvalenza on higuain or rescind khedira's contract without any income, still, eriksen could be a realistic purchase without breaking the bank.
You have to consider that all our sales besides romero's loan have been accounted in the previous year aka 2018-2019.
This year aka 2019-2020 season we have spent 80 to 90 mil. and relieved only 3 -5 mil. (Romeros salary)
So without sales I don't think we will see a big money transfer in this mercato.

@italiacalcio10 please feel free to correct me.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You have to consider that all our sales besides romero's loan have been accounted in the previous year aka 2018-2019.
This year aka 2019-2020 season we have spent 80 to 90 mil. and relieved only 3 -5 mil. (Romeros salary)
So without sales I don't think we will see a big money transfer in this mercato.

i can correct you too: we can always sell the same player at the end of this current financial year to have the same effect on the books

Mar 3, 2014

That's true in terms of when the sales occurred, but net spend in itself isn't really a valuable metric. You need to look at how it affects bottom line. So buying De Ligt for 75M would only have a 15 million annual hit on depreciation and amortization. A sale instantly provides you with the full gain (sale price less book value).

There are 2 main things that need to be monitored:
1) FFP profit: which is essentially balancing your annual D&A and annual salary increase against your projected revenue & sales
2) Cash profit: which is what matters for the company as a going concern. We spread these payments over multiple years. Any amount that we can't fund through internally generated cash flow will either be funded by sales, or add to the debt load.

You only really need about 15 million in transfer profit to balance the De Ligt transaction in year 1 (FFP terms) if we're looking at it in a vacuum, and (1) I'm sure there will be a player or two in January who will want a transfer given Sarri doesn't like to rotate (2) They could make sales similar to this year at the end of FY 2019/2020 to ensure positive income from sales.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2010
Maybe agreement in principle to not extend with spurs and another free signing next summer? Haha would be hilarious with a player that consistently gives assists and scores goals

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
#Juventus Pavel Nedved: "We have some offer for Paulo Dybala but we'll wait to decide about his future. Lukaku? We always try to get players... but I don't want to speake about Lukaku or others". - Romano

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
If we sell Dybala and get Lukaku this mercato will go down 5points Lukaku is a useless donkey he didn’t like the physical battle with chiellini last season and kept dropping deeper and deeper just to avoid it, should of known the club had disappointment around the corner after such a good start to the transfer window

Paolino

Nov 1, 2013
I am okay with selling Dybala if we can buy Eriksen + Icardi by the end of the mercato. there is some doubt about Dybala's role in Sarri system but with Eriksen and Icardi we can play 4-3-3 without any weakness .

Woj
Cancelo Deligt Chiello AS
Rabiot Pjanic Eriksen
Costa Icardi Ronaldo

Finally we can have a perfect team with no flaws:tuttosport:

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
We have a hard time selling...

Perin, Khedira, Matudi, Mandzukic, Higuain

On top of that, Cancelo rumours, Dybala rumours, Kean rumours, Rugani rumours (I hope he leaves)

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Out: Rugani 28 million euros Roma/Arsenal
Khedira 0 just let him go.
Matudi Monaco/Psg 18 million euros
Perin loan with option to buy
Mandzukic 15 million euros bundesliga
Higuain 32 million euros Roma
Dybala swap for Eriksen. (Eriksen 1 year left)

In: Eriksen swap with Dybala
Icardi 55-60 million euros (Inter are desperate to sell)
Would want a RW to but ..

Icardi I don't care about, but I do believe we will get him. Dybala I would keep, but if we are selling him why not go for Eriksen, 1 year left, better get Dybala now from Spurs perspective, then lose him for free next year, + Real seems to be after Pogba and Barca rumours are dead, we could go in for him without a biddingwar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)