Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Did he really say that second sentence? I can't find in italian media.
"Lukaku? Avendo vinto otto Scudetti consecutivi ci sentiamo già forti. Ovviamente, essendo aperto il mercato, cerchiamo di rinforzare la nostra squadra. Non entrerei nel dettaglio, non voglio parlare di singoli, diciamo che stiamo lavorando."

Basically that we are already strong, the market is open, we want to strengthen the squad, but he doesn't want to talk about individuals (including Lukaku).

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Out: Rugani 28 million euros Roma/Arsenal
Khedira 0 just let him go.
Matudi Monaco/Psg 18 million euros
Perin loan with option to buy
Mandzukic 15 million euros bundesliga
Higuain 32 million euros Roma
Dybala swap for Eriksen. (Eriksen 1 year left)

In: Eriksen swap with Dybala
Icardi 55-60 million euros (Inter are desperate to sell)
Would want a RW to but ..

Icardi I don't care about, but I do believe we will get him. Dybala I would keep, but if we are selling him why not go for Eriksen, 1 year left, better get Dybala now from Spurs perspective, then lose him for free next year, + Real seems to be after Pogba and Barca rumours are dead, we could go in for him without a biddingwar.
This whole scenario is fine, just hope that those Lukaku rumors are BS...

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
That's true in terms of when the sales occurred, but net spend in itself isn't really a valuable metric. You need to look at how it affects bottom line. So buying De Ligt for 75M would only have a 15 million annual hit on depreciation and amortization. A sale instantly provides you with the full gain (sale price less book value).

There are 2 main things that need to be monitored:
1) FFP profit: which is essentially balancing your annual D&A and annual salary increase against your projected revenue & sales
2) Cash profit: which is what matters for the company as a going concern. We spread these payments over multiple years. Any amount that we can't fund through internally generated cash flow will either be funded by sales, or add to the debt load.

You only really need about 15 million in transfer profit to balance the De Ligt transaction in year 1 (FFP terms) if we're looking at it in a vacuum, and (1) I'm sure there will be a player or two in January who will want a transfer given Sarri doesn't like to rotate (2) They could make sales similar to this year at the end of FY 2019/2020 to ensure positive income from sales.

Did we proceed with that issuance of a non-convertible bond that was mentioned in February this year.

The bond deal could either refinance that 328 million in debt and push out the repayment date further into the future (5 years with no amortization payment), or it could be to fund player purchases. If commercially we are doing well enough, perhaps management feels comfortable raising incremental debt.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
lukaku is an upgrade over who exactly? worst spent 80m ever if that happens. manure management will laugh their asses off.

not that icardi would be any better, but at least he's available on a discount, so potentially less money flushed down the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)