Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I'd let the squad to make this decision - if ZZ or Pep wants to come. Not even sure if I am happy about Allegri leaving. If he wants out, then of course he should go. But he remains a great tactician and I'd like him to next year have a CM that he and we want. Feels like he keeps trying to look for workarounds in sought to find a balanced eleven but whatever approach he makes he lacks the CMs to make it happen. I have my issues with Allegri being very risk avoidant but like I said, still one of the best coaches in the world.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Mendes was in Turin yesterday & met with Paratici to discuss Joao Felix. Fabio wants to avoid an auction for Felix but €120m is deemed too high for Juve. Douglas Costa could be sold to help fund a move for Felix who wants to play next to his idol Ronaldo. [Sportsmediaset]

james95

Sep 2, 2018
The definition of a Pep player for me is, a players with strong technical attributes for his position, who is able to play possesion based, fast paced football. The aforementioned players fit the bill. The only players who are really not Pep players is Matuidi, Mandzu and Chiellini. The two first should ideally not be considered to the starting lineup anyway, and Chiellini is nearing the end of his playing career anyway.
I am sure that if both Pep and our management decides to go ahead with this, they would have discussed the financial parameters our club operates under, and discussed the situation with our biggest star.
The thing about some of the players you listed is that I'm not sure if they have enough intelligence or football IQ on the level needed to effectively carry out "Pepball." Guys like Bernardeschi, Costa, Cuadrado, etc (even though they are technically able) can be pretty brainless in their play and decision making. Certainly in a bracket below in terms of in-game intelligence.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
The thing about some of the players you listed is that I'm not sure if they have enough intelligence or football IQ on the level needed to effectively carry out "Pepball." Guys like Bernardeschi, Costa, Cuadrado, etc (even though they are technically able) can be pretty brainless in their play and decision making. Certainly in a bracket below in terms of in-game intelligence.
Costa already played under Pep with great succes, and I dont think any of the mentioned players are more brainless than Coman, Sterling, Sane etc. who got a lot of playing time under Pep.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Costa had half a season of success under Pep. He also had the best half-season of his career under Allegri, last year.

Hard to suggest from available sample that Pep would be better for him. He fucked his own season up this year.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
If he joins Juve, i wouldn't be surprise if he wants to sell Mandzukic, Khedira, Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, Bonucci/Rugani & maybe a Douglas Costa. Instead of them I see a Felix(Benfica)/Isco(Real Madrid), Tonali (Brescia)/Thiago (Bayern), Telles(Porto)/Marcelo(Real) and De Ligt as players for his type of football.
You what? Bonucci would be like his favorite player here.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Costa already played under Pep with great succes, and I dont think any of the mentioned players are more brainless than Coman, Sterling, Sane etc. who got a lot of playing time under Pep.
Sterling and Sane are actually very intelligent players and generally more productive than the aforementioned. Sterling has 15 league goals this season largely on his attacking sense and intelligence. The amount of empty goal tap-ins he gets is incredible. Think he also has like 9 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)