Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
To coach the players? What do you?

I'm sorry but you are deluded if you think the players aren't the ones who need to make the right decisions in an in game situations. When a player is about to cross he should actually look where to cross. If Dybala is indeed arriving late in to the box by all means pull it back for him. If Mandzukic is at the back post against a midget ping one in for him. It is absolutely retarded to think Alex Sandro needs his hand held by Allegri to be able to make such decisions.

What do you think the purpose of having world class players is?
Offcourse players should be able to make decisions on theirown during games, but it helps them if the coach sets up structures that they are comfortable and familiar with. When you are under pressure it simply helps having a well trained system/identity/way of playing to fall back on. We do not have this under Allegri.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
I honestly can’t see Pep and CR co-existing in the same side. The former demands the utmost submissiveness from his players which has caused him to clash with egos like Ibrahamovic in the past. I can’t see a character like Ronaldo (especially at this stage of his career) bending over for Pep and his philosophy. Additionally, he has “Barca DNA” and has always been pro-Messi quite publically and never really appreciated Ronaldo as even a rival to the argentine as “best in the world.” Always listing other players before even noting Ronaldo.

If they can’t co-exist for those reasons, I can’t see them being at the same club at the same time not least because of THESE two infamous incidents:

In the first clip, Ronaldo shoves Guardiola aside (much to the displeasure of the Barca players) because the Spaniard refuses to hand him the ball. This was during the 5-0 drubbing in el Clasico l back in November 2010.

In the 2nd clip, he blatantly refuses to even acknowledge Ronaldo’s existence whatsoever in an award ceremony

Unless the two now have no qualms with each other as time has passed; I really don’t see it working. Or maybe guardiola thinks he won’t have to deal with Ronaldo for too long given his age and he’d be gone within the next couple of years if there was any truth to these rumours.

In summary, Pep is a good coach but can be an absolute bitch. Zidane will probably get more out of the personnel in this squad. Most of the team doesn’t even contain Pep type players. He’d need to do heavy investing to get it to even be close to resembling what he’d actually be successful with which would make it a more long term project before reaping rewards (check his first EPL season). He’s still even working on making City more competitive in Europe with the unlimited funds he has over in England at the 3rd attempt.

Zidane is more flexible and adaptable and would make use of what we have (with key adjustments) for immediate success.

Last edited:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I honestly can’t see Pep and CR co-existing in the same side. The former demands the utmost submissiveness from his players which has caused him to clash with egos like Ibrahamovic in the past. I can’t see a character like Ronaldo (especially at this stage of his career) bending over for Pep and his philosophy. Additionally, he has “Barca DNA” and has always been pro-Messi quite publically and never really appreciated Ronaldo as even a rival to the argentine as “best in the world.” Always listing other players before even noting Ronaldo.

If they can’t co-exist for those reasons, I can’t see them being at the same club at the same time not least because of THESE two infamous incidents:

In the first clip, Ronaldo shoves Guardiola aside (much to the displeasure of the Barca players) because the Spaniard refuses to hand him the ball. This was during the 5-0 drubbing in el Clasico l back in November 2010.

In the 2nd clip, he blatantly refuses to even acknowledge Ronaldo’s existence whatsoever in an award ceremony

Unless the two now have no qualms with each other as time has passed; I really don’t see it working. Or maybe guardiola thinks he won’t have to deal with Ronaldo for too long given his age and he’d be gone within the next couple of years if there was any truth to these rumours.

In summary, Pep is a good coach but can be an absolute bitch. Zidane will probably get more out of the personnel in this squad. Most of the team doesn’t even contain Pep type players. He’d need to do heavy investing to get it to even be close to resembling what he’d actually be successful with which would make it a more long term project before reaping rewards. Zidane is more flexible and adaptable and would make use of what we have (with key adjustments) for immediate success.
Both goalkeepers, Bonucci, AS, Spina, Cancelo, Cuadrado, Pjanic, Ramsey, Bentancur, Ronaldo, Costa, Berna, Dybala, Kean are all Pep type players. I would even imagion that he would be happy with having Rugani, Caceres, Can and Khedira in the squad. I dont really see that much of a need for heavy investments as suggested. Probably just a new CB and another technically stronger CM, which is what we need anyway.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Both goalkeepers, Bonucci, AS, Spina, Cancelo, Cuadrado, Pjanic, Ramsey, Bentancur, Ronaldo, Costa, Berna, Dybala, Kean are all Pep type players. I would even imagion that he would be happy with having Rugani, Caceres, Can and Khedira in the squad. I dont really see that much of a need for heavy investments as suggested. Probably just a new CB and another technically stronger CM, which is what we need anyway.
Pep is a perfectionist. Depends what your definition of a “Pep type” players is. He replaced the whole back line at City including the keeper just to play his brand of football. He also had failed experiments with Nolito and a couple other players before getting it “right.” And I don’t know how Ronaldo would operate in a Pep set-up if he doesn’t play striker as he likes to keep his wingers wide. I feel such a system where players stick to strict positions would limit him as he likes to free roam.

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
I thought everybody here hated Pep. :boh: What has changed? @Mark
Hating is a hard word. I just don't like the person Pep. But as a coach he is very good and he's probably the best man to get this team in a calcio fantastico form. If he joins Juve, i wouldn't be surprise if he wants to sell Mandzukic, Khedira, Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, Bonucci/Rugani & maybe a Douglas Costa. Instead of them I see a Felix(Benfica)/Isco(Real Madrid), Tonali (Brescia)/Thiago (Bayern), Telles(Porto)/Marcelo(Real) and De Ligt as players for his type of football.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Pep is a perfectionist. Depends what your definition of a “Pep type” players is. He replaced the whole back line at City including the keeper just to play his brand of football. He also had failed experiments with Nolito and a couple other players before getting it “right.” And I don’t know how Ronaldo would operate in a Pep set-up if he doesn’t play striker as he likes to keep his wingers wide. I feel such a system where players stick to strict positions would limit him as he likes to free roam.
The definition of a Pep player for me is, a players with strong technical attributes for his position, who is able to play possesion based, fast paced football. The aforementioned players fit the bill. The only players who are really not Pep players is Matuidi, Mandzu and Chiellini. The two first should ideally not be considered to the starting lineup anyway, and Chiellini is nearing the end of his playing career anyway.
I am sure that if both Pep and our management decides to go ahead with this, they would have discussed the financial parameters our club operates under, and discussed the situation with our biggest star.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Hating is a hard word. I just don't like the person Pep. But as a coach he is very good and he's probably the best man to get this team in a calcio fantastico form. If he joins Juve, i wouldn't be surprise if he wants to sell Mandzukic, Khedira, Cuadrado, Alex Sandro, Bonucci/Rugani & maybe a Douglas Costa. Instead of them I see a Felix(Benfica)/Isco(Real Madrid), Tonali (Brescia)/Thiago (Bayern), Telles(Porto)/Marcelo(Real) and De Ligt as players for his type of football.
So only some useless Spaniards etc. No thanks.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Man, I hate Guardiola. I always laugh at him and mock him. He's so overrated and a horrible coach.

It would be such a huge pain to see that guy here.

I wish we could get Zidane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)