Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (147 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He's good but too inconsistent and generally not as productive in terms of goals + assists but that could be due to how we set-up.
He's not really a winger imo. I'd rather see him as a CAM or mezzala. He has the attributes and strengths for it. His decision making is strange around the box sometimes, but it seems better when he's playing more centrally.

This season he's struggled quite a bit after starting the season in excellent form, and looking like he was going to be a big part of creating chances for Ronaldo.

But last year, his production was excellent. He had 5 goals-6 assists in 1062 minutes. That's under 100 minutes / goal or assist.

- - - Updated - - -

And Cuadrado too imo. You can't be as versatile as he is and be totally brainless. He just isn't a good finisher and sometimes lacks the ability to deliver the final ball.
:agree:

It's usually not his brain that lets him down around the box, but his poor technique on his final ball. He has terrible aim shooting most often, and he has a tendency to overhit crosses when he's not in form. But usually he shoots when you would want a player to shoot and crosses when you'd want a player to cross.

Apr 29, 2006
Imagine the amount of pressing Matuidi and CR7 would have to pull together in Pep's system. Matuidi will pack his bags by the time the news breaks.

Anyway I am on the Zidane train. Always. I can't even imagine why would anyone want Pep over Zizou. Zidane might have inherited the greatest squad in the world, but what he did he did with almost no transfers. Pep has had his fair share of brain farts - everyone remembers the Eto-Zlatan saga and that alone sat Barca back a few seasons (financially speaking). Ukrainian defenders and so forth...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Man, I hate Guardiola. I always laugh at him and mock him. He's so overrated and a horrible coach.

It would be such a huge pain to see that guy here.

I wish we could get Zidane.
Yes and no..
He is a great coach but he is also being overrated because of his tiki taka style..
I dont want him for his tiki taka but I do want him because our passing game is horrible and if someone can fix it its surely him...
Anyway would prefer Zidane...

Apr 29, 2006
As long as 'crazy' doesn't mean spending €250m on Zaniolo, Chiesa and Joao Felix.
A bit rich, no?

Zanolo is no more than 50 mil. That is us being very generous here. It also says that he is better and more important to them than Pjanic or Salah were!!!

Chiesa might fetch 65 or so max, but he has to get Fiorentina into the CL for that. That's getting a point per game more than Torino, Atalanta, Lazio and ROMA.

Why Joao Felix is touted as a 120M player or if even that is true I don't know. He might be the next Maradona... But costing both de Ligt and de Jong? Insane.

Anyway - if those 3 arrive (more likely Messi will imho) Dybala AND DC would be leaving. But again I have to state my bemusement with the Joao Felix operation as speculated currently.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
A bit rich, no?

Zanolo is no more than 50 mil. That is us being very generous here. It also says that he is better and more important to them than Pjanic or Salah were!!!

Chiesa might fetch 65 or so max, but he has to get Fiorentina into the CL for that. That's getting a point per game more than Torino, Atalanta, Lazio and ROMA.

Why Joao Felix is touted as a 120M player or if even that is true I don't know. He might be the next Maradona... But costing both de Ligt and de Jong? Insane.

Anyway - if those 3 arrive (more likely Messi will imho) Dybala AND DC would be leaving. But again I have to state my bemusement with the Joao Felix operation as speculated currently.
Joao Felix is extremely young and probably around Dybala`s level (Dybala is currently better of course) - The tag of new C.Ronaldo helps raising the price
In the end I believe it will be for less than the 120M..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
And Cuadrado too imo. You can't be as versatile as he is and be totally brainless. He just isn't a good finisher and sometimes lacks the ability to deliver the final ball.
Thats it praxticaly what i think about him.
All guts not brains. He has talent but sadly cant finish plays with consistency, and for an offensive winger thats a no go,.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We need more Rabiot links. The guy will be a freebie this summer, he's dumped his blood sucking mother as his agent and we're desperate for some decent midfielders.

We all know he's not the golden solution but him, Ramsey and one midfield star coming in, would mean a decent midfield make over. That way we'd actually be able to dump some deadweight without worrying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)