Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
This is probably not a popular opinion, but I think that Rabiot is an opportunity too good to pass up on.

He’s still only 24
A regular starter for PSG with 227 apps
Proven at Champions League level
Shown good performances against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City
Comfortable with the ball at his feet (something we sorely lack)

Don’t get me wrong: if we had an unlimited budget, I would much rather go for Pogba or Eriksen instead, but the reality is that we don’t have unlimited funds. Rabiot on a free would be an excellent pickup. He‘d be our second best mid after Pjanic, with age on his side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i'd take ndombélé, but he's not prolific enough, and performs not enough tackles to be compared to vidal.

vidal at juve was unique, and while i usually question pure stats, with vidal, stats actually showed how special he was. there's not a single player who could average 5 tackles, 2 interceptions per games AND score ~10 goals a season. easily the most versatile midfielder of the andrea agnelli era.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It's not. Ronaldo and Dybala without a prima punta has been tried in Mario's absence and it failed.
It has only been tried in weird 4-3-3 where Dybala is far away from goal, Ronaldo moving everywhere + a pure winger like Cuadrado/Costa. And btw we played maybe our best game of the season at OT with Dybala, Ronaldo and Cuadrado. Not once has it been tried with them as two strikers + capable strong and technical midfielders behind them. If Allegri stays this is as close to his first season as we can get with an actual trequartista this time.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Top players I’d go for this summer:

Eriksen
Isco
Verratti
Declan Rice (don’t laugh)
Marquinhos
De Ligt
Ndombele
Kanté
Hazard

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
eriksen + de ligt + marcelo i'd be totally happy, considering we got ramsey already. i don't really think that ndombele guy is that good, i watched lyon-barca and didn't seem to be anything special. isco is kind of guy who would fit on barca perfectly, don't know about us. i still believe keeping Costa as an speedy winger because we just simply lack that speed on our team currently.

that would mean atleast selling AS, Can and couple others.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Our rumoured target Militao, has been disciplined by Porto for partying till the early hours of the morning.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It has only been tried in weird 4-3-3 where Dybala is far away from goal, Ronaldo moving everywhere + a pure winger like Cuadrado/Costa. And btw we played maybe our best game of the season at OT with Dybala, Ronaldo and Cuadrado. Not once has it been tried with them as two strikers + capable strong and technical midfielders behind them. If Allegri stays this is as close to his first season as we can get with an actual trequartista this time.
No it was not. It was also tested with Berna behind them and also once with Berna and Costa as flanks in an attacking 4-4-2. That last one was only against Chievo 'though but it went ok.

If we're talking about testing things with capable midfielders; we didn't test anything with that so it doesn't say anything. Those two are simply too lightweight against strong defences and Ronaldo is far better coming from further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)