Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (83 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What good is it to have Ronaldo if you have nobody to feed him? This midfield has been an illusion for a while, the deception was revealed.
Believe me, some people believe that pathetic excuse of a midfield we have is actually good. I'd sell everyone in that midfield, for the right price of course. Too bad no teams are dumb enough to buy our garbage and pay them top wages.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the reason he may stay we may be stuck but I don't know about zizou either. He didn't win that champions the team was built to

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Maybe one CL title, but not 3 consecutive titles. We should definitely go for Zizou. Enough with conservative Italian coaches.

- - - Updated - - -

Bring in Tonali, Zaniolo, Ndombele, De Ligt, and Romero. Yes, it's probably going to cost 250 million in net expenditure, but we need to fix this shit. Sell Can, Khedira, Costa, Higuain, and Perin to raise some cash. Something needs to be done.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Believe me, some people believe that pathetic excuse of a midfield we have is actually good. I'd sell everyone in that midfield, for the right price of course. Too bad no teams are dumb enough to buy our garbage and pay them top wages.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe one CL title, but not 3 consecutive titles. We should definitely go for Zizou. Enough with conservative Italian coaches.

- - - Updated - - -

Bring in Tonali, Zaniolo, Ndombele, De Ligt, and Romero. Yes, it's probably going to cost 250 million in net expenditure, but we need to fix this shit. Sell Can, Khedira, Costa, Higuain, and Perin to raise some cash. Something needs to be done.
Love everything about this post!

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Several words have to be said about those recent free agents signings. Juventus accountants responsible for FFP compliance must be happy with them, but they are awful from the strategic point of view.

Having signed both Can and Ramsey as free agents, the club had to give them disproportionally high salaries. Which means these players are basically tied to the club till the end of their respective contracts, because no other sane club will pay them such a salary and pay for their transfers (which is "fantastic", considering how injury-prone Ramsey is). What makes this situation even worse - we're talking about 2 guys in the weakest part of the team, the midfield. And both of them were signed only because they were cheap at the first glance, not because they're able to take Juventus to another level.

For the last years Juventus were mostly about marketing and financial discipline. Which is fine from the business point of view. But it has little to do with football.

They even bought Ronaldo not because they planned it but because it was a great opportunity they were kindly offered to grab. It's not like he was the last missing part of the CL winning squad and they deliberately went for him. It's our fault that being stunned by that transfer we automatically decided that things have really changed.

There's another sign why it's fair to say that modern Juventus is mostly about business and not about football. The club's academy is terrible. They gave the club nobody after Marchisio. Even Kean isn't considered by the club good enough, apparently. Then you look at Atletico and see several top level players from their academy in their starting eleven. Which means they didn't have to buy them. Which means they have more money to pay ridiculously high salary to Griezmann and sign expensive midfielders like Lemar.

If you don't want to spend big money on your players, your academy have to work for your first team. Otherwise you'll have to spend much more money on the transfer market. There's no other way around this simple logic.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
quick recap of the last 12 hours of tuz meltdown:

- sell de sciglio
- sell bonucci
- chiellini is shit
- sell alex sandro already
- sell pjanic
- bentancur is shit
- matuidi is clueless
- mandzukic is useless
- dybala is a choker

i guess we'll also have to sell costa, barza retires, caceres' loan expires. ah, and rugani never reached juve's level either. and perin's shit. and khedira is off to mls anyway. so we need 15 new players during the summer.

paratici better get working asap.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
top of my shopping list for the summer:
- koulibaly
- ndombélé

paratici shouldn't be allowed to talk to anyone else until these 2 are secured. then he can call zaniolo's mum.
Why do I have a feeling that you have never seen Ndombele play?!
Ndombele is good from the few times I watched him but I also saw some mistakes he made - Yeah he will be a good purchase but dont think of him as a savior or something as he has lots of miles to go through until he becomes the guy you think he is..

Koulibaly - I said it and I will say it again - Very good defender and very strong physically. Not a must as there are others who we can go for who are either has a higher potential or at the same level and way cheaper.

I personally think we should get Godin in the summer for free and add Pogba who will surely solve some mid problems
A.Sandro Marcelo?! its an improvement offensive wise but a downgrade defensive wise so we should think what we need more...

I`ll also part ways with Allegri who is a great manager but also limits our attacking play - I think that with our players we can play a much better when attacking while we can at least maintain our defensive strength...
Zidane would be great but he is not the only one

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I’m tired of seeing glimpses of potential. We have three players that can guarantee high levels: Ronaldo, Mario and Chiellini.

The rest offer only glimpses. Tired of it. Whoever we get I hope it’s players than can showcase their talent more consistently and frequently.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011

- sell de sciglio
- sell bonucci
- chiellini is shit
- sell pjanic
- bentancur is shit
- matuidi is clueless
- mandzukic is useless
- dybala is a choker

i guess we'll also have to sell costa, barza retires, caceres' loan expires. ah, and rugani never reached juve's level either. and perin's shit. and khedira is off to mls anyway. so we need 15 new players during the summer.

Get rid of Sandro after his display yesterday, thats for sure.

Aug 26, 2014

- sell de sciglio
- sell bonucci
- chiellini is shit
- sell pjanic
- bentancur is shit
- matuidi is clueless
- mandzukic is useless
- dybala is a choker

de sciglio - simply not good enough to be a starter
bonucci - he should have stayed at milan
chiellini - he's a beast and the only great defender we got left
alex sandro - he is way too inconsistent and only had one great season if we are honest(his first here). I don't know what the fuck is going on with him
panic - came back of injury recently he did his job well
bentancur - don't know about this one he's got potential(but he shouldn't start most games)
matuidi - good player but not what we need(also old)

won't comment on the two left cuz thats bullshit.

Now out of all the players listed above only TWO are good enough to be starters. The rest are good enough for subs only. We all knew our midfield sucked and will be exposed at some point but I didn't expect this from the defense also.

I'm still somewhat confident that we'll get past Atletico, if Alegri decides we go all out attack mode from the first minute and calm the game later on. We just need a little bit of luck on our side. But we'll see.

One thing is for certain Paratici has a lot to do to in the summer.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
won't comment on the two left cuz thats bullshit.
most of them are bullshit, i just collected them after checking in the players' threads. that was a sarcastic post.

i do believe we have a strong squad, but with gaping holes in midfield. i also believe that we need a quality central defender. that's why i put a cm and a centre back on the top of my priority list a couple of post earlier.

of course we have nothing to lose against atleti. they are practically through the next round. as you said, we need some luck like we had in madrid, where basically our first attack got us the lead.

Aug 26, 2014
most of them are bullshit, i just collected them after checking in the players' threads. that was a sarcastic post.

i do believe we have a strong squad, but with gaping holes in midfield. i also believe that we need a quality central defender. that's why i put a cm and a centre back on the top of my priority list a couple of post earlier.

of course we have nothing to lose against atleti. they are practically through the next round. as you said, we need some luck like we had in madrid, where basically our first attack got us the lead.
I know it was a sarcastic post. But you can't deny there is some truth to it. Our problem it's not just in midfield it's our defense too. They make way to many mistakes at the back and against better teams we get exposed. On top of that Alegri starts de sciglio instead of Cancelo. Say what you want but Bonucci and Alex S. aren't playing good.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I know it was a sarcastic post. But you can't deny there is some truth to it. Our problem it's not just in midfield it's our defense too. They make way to many mistakes at the back and against better teams we get exposed. On top of that Alegri starts de sciglio instead of Cancelo. Say what you want but Bonucci and Alex S. aren't playing good.
Weak midfiled puts pressure on a defense and this is why we have issues defensively. There is a reason why when context played the 352 our defense was a damn rock. Our midfiled was outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)