Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We should never have brought Bonucci back, pure and simple. The argument that his ability to play from the back is futile given he has been the direct cause of most of our defensive errors and goals conceded.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m tired of seeing glimpses of potential. We have three players that can guarantee high levels: Ronaldo, Mario and Chiellini.

The rest offer only glimpses. Tired of it. Whoever we get I hope it’s players than can showcase their talent more consistently and frequently.
De Ligt :tuttosport:

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I know it was a sarcastic post. But you can't deny there is some truth to it. Our problem it's not just in midfield it's our defense too. They make way to many mistakes at the back and against better teams we get exposed. On top of that Alegri starts de sciglio instead of Cancelo. Say what you want but Bonucci and Alex S. aren't playing good.
Neither are your Mandzukic or Pjanic. Dybala with a hard task too. This is not a matter of exchanging 9 players. We would just play similarly.
The tactics and preparations suck big time. We need to sack Allegri as soon as possible and start from scratch, evaluate every player again. You cant judge them 100% by the way they play in the current system. The system is poisonous.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Neither are your Mandzukic or Pjanic. Dybala with a hard task too. This is not a matter of exchanging 9 players. We would just play similarly.
The tactics and preparations suck big time. We need to sack Allegri as soon as possible and start from scratch, evaluate every player again. You cant judge them 100% by the way they play in the current system. The system is poisonous.
This! The tactics and formation are the issue

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I know it was a sarcastic post. But you can't deny there is some truth to it. Our problem it's not just in midfield it's our defense too. They make way to many mistakes at the back and against better teams we get exposed. On top of that Alegri starts de sciglio instead of Cancelo. Say what you want but Bonucci and Alex S. aren't playing good.
there's some truth in it, yes, i'm not even trying to deny it. but i'm not going through all of our squad player by player to assess everyone, it's kinda pointless after a disappointing match. these are mostly very good players. atletico is probably the worst matchup for juventus out of all teams, so they make us look much, much worse than we are actually.

what is crystal clear is that we do need a fucking beast of a central back (koulibaly would be nice) and a physical cm with passing abilities. also, we clearly need an other system (i'm not talking formation, i'm talking system) which allows players to make the best of their abilities. our tactics need to be revised asap as we can't handle pressure since '13.

and as much as i hate to say it, it probably requires a coach with a completely different vision, opposed to our conservative italian coaches. also, we need continuity, both in our squad and in our tactics. just look at our summer mercati: allegri must build a completely new team each year, that's unacceptable. real won those cl's with basically the same players, atleti have played this very same 4-4-2 since simeone took over, while juventus can't fucking decide on how to handle a match against a side with a clear and well-known tactical approach, be it atalanta in the coppa, the return leg against real, or yesterday's abomination against atletico. squad ain't perfect, tactics ain't perfect either. even our first leg match against spurs was a typical demonstration of our issues: we started with all guns blazing, scored two and could have scored a 3rd or a 4th, then sat back, and were happy to not get beaten. that should never happen again. we can lose a match like we did against barcelona in the cl final, that was a clearly stronger team, and we gave our best, shit happens. but we shouldn't reinvent ourselves after each and every summer, and after each and every cl fiasco. atletico is a clear example: budget isn't everything, hard work and clear ideas do matter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 26, 2014
Weak midfiled puts pressure on a defense and this is why we have issues defensively. There is a reason why when context played the 352 our defense was a damn rock. Our midfiled was outstanding

I agree that the midfield is a big part of it. I just wanted to point out that it was a mistake bringing back Bonucci, and Alex Sandro may never regain his form and become more of a liability in the future. Also it pissed me off yesterday the way Chielo and Bonucci were too soft(went down too easy).

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I agree that the midfield is a big part of it. I just wanted to point out that it was a mistake bringing back Bonucci, and Alex Sandro may never regain his form and become more of a liability in the future. Also it pissed me off yesterday the way Chielo and Bonucci were too soft(went down too easy).
That I agree on their defensive play yesterday but bonnuci isn't the issue. It's formation

Aug 26, 2014
there's some truth in it, yes, i'm not even trying to deny it. but i'm not going through all of our squad player by player to assess everyone, it's kinda pointless after a disappointing match. these are mostly very good players. atletico is probably the worst matchup for juventus out of all teams, so they make us look much, much worse than we are actually.

what is crystal clear is that we do need a fucking beast of a central back (koulibaly would be nice) and a physical cm with passing abilities. also, we clearly need an other system (i'm not talking formation, i'm talking system) which allows players to make the best of their abilities. our tactics need to be revised asap as we can't handle pressure since '13.

and as much as i hate to say it, it probably requires a coach with a completely different vision, opposed to our conservative italian coaches. also, we need continuity, both in our squad and in our tactics. just look at our summer mercati: allegri must build a completely new team each year, that's unacceptable. real won those cl's with basically the same players, atleti have played this very same 4-4-2 since simeone took over, while juventus can't fucking decide on how to handle a match against a side with a clear and well-known tactical approach, be it atalanta in the coppa, the return leg against real, or yesterday's abomination against atletico. squad ain't perfect, tactics ain't perfect either. even our first leg match against spurs was a typical demonstration of our issues: we started with all guns blazing, scored two and could have scored a 3rd or a 4th, then sat back, and were happy to not get beaten. that should never happen again. we can lose a match like we did against barcelona in the cl final, that was a clearly stronger team, and we gave our best, shit happens. but we shouldn't reinvent ourselves after each and every summer, and after each and every cl fiasco. atletico is a clear example: budget isn't everything, hard work and clear ideas do matter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I didn't say reinvent or change the whole team. Just said there are some glaring issues with the current team that need to be fixed asap. I agree that it's not easy basically fielding a new team each season but we are at a point where we can afford to keep our top players. Adding 2-3 good players in the summer may fix our problems. But why something wasn't done this winter was beyond me. As for the coach we know Alegri and his ways, he's still ok in my book and there aren't many better options out there right now.

- - - Updated - - -

That I agree on their defensive play yesterday but bonnuci isn't the issue. It's formation

Well we'll see if Alegri leaves us soon. But I doubt we'll get a better coach than him atm.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I didn't say reinvent or change the whole team. Just said there are some glaring issues with the current team that need to be fixed asap. I agree that it's not easy basically fielding a new team each season but we are at a point where we can afford to keep our top players. Adding 2-3 good players in the summer may fix our problems. But why something wasn't done this winter was beyond me. As for the coach we know Alegri and his ways, he's still ok in my book and there aren't many better options out there right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we'll see if Alegri leaves us soon. But I doubt we'll get a better coach than him atm.
I agree and that's the problem

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
We should never have brought Bonucci back, pure and simple. The argument that his ability to play from the back is futile given he has been the direct cause of most of our defensive errors and goals conceded.
The most preposterous part of that transfer is that this team don't even use his attacking abilities. Juventus don't play in a counter-attacking manner anymore, and even if they wanted to play so - they don't have the midfield to organize the quick forward movement of the entire team. On the contrary, the squad is packed with wingers and rely on them plus fullbacks. So, basically, Bonucci is just a mediocre defender now, who cannot even win a single header in his own penalty box, that's it. And, as the icing on the cake, because of him Juventus lost both Caldara and Benatia. What a perfect transfer that was :baus:.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You are right.

And this includes players like Pjanic, Dybala, maybe even Bernardeschi who are suffering from poisonous tactics. This players ned to be evaluated under a coach with new ideas.

The Khediras, Cans and Bonuccis need to be purged tho.

Costa´s case needs to be evaluated too, as i see him having mentality and discipline problems.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Feels like we need a rebuild in the summer.

Bonucci is liability in these big games.
Chiellini is 35.
Obviously need midfield upgrading. Emre Can was useless signing.
Sandro is past it?
Dybala is not delivering.
And tbh i dont think Szezny makes the opponent scared. He doesnt have a big rep or authority. In uk they questioned that we even start him.

Cant change it all in one summer though probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Costa´s case needs to be evaluated too, as i see him having mentality and discipline problems.
Garlic treatment?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Chiellini is 35.
Sandro is past it?
And tbh i dont think Szezny makes the opponent scared. He doesnt have a big rep or authority. In uk they questioned that we even start him.

- - - Updated - - -

Garlic treatment?
mega dumb post, as always

we have these 17 trash players and you choose to bash Dybala, the Pole and Pjanic?

lol

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Chiellini is 35.
Sandro is past it?

- - - Updated - - -

Garlic treatment?
The pole is the least of our problems if anything he has been a saviour at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)