Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Salah also had an entire half season playing like ass. They all have their ups and downs through out season, even Ronaldo and Messi although if that's the bar expectations are indeed too high.
Thing is to have patience as fans before completely giving up on such talents.
People are talking about him being an all-time great. Consistency is mandatory for that. He’s not a talent anymore, he’s 26 in a month, the prime of his career.

Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, other all-time greats never have 2 years as embarrassingly bad as Pogba’s last 2 at ManU. And that’s entirely due to attitude. Whenever things go wrong, he hangs his head, pouts, and gives half-assed effort.

He’s a Balon d’Or level talent, but he needs to show it consistently.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
It started with Defoe is better than Rooney and young Del Piero is better than Messi

Then Morata was already better than Higuain (mind you this was when Higuain was breaking records not now), Cuadrado better than Salah, and Pogba was the 3rd best player in the world cup. Now its Dybala thats on-par or better than Salah. Still obviously wrong but an improvement. There is still hope in Tuz. One day we will get there.

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
If we even considering of selling Dybala for lets say 150 million we should foces on talent nd experience.. Felix from Benfica is interesting, idem Chiesa nd Zaniolo.. The man with experience should be James, Isco or Thiago Alcantara..

If we sell both of Douglas Costa nd Dybala ( I dont like) we should buy at least 3 of those names.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
People are talking about him being an all-time great. Consistency is mandatory for that. He’s not a talent anymore, he’s 26 in a month, the prime of his career.

Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, other all-time greats never have 2 years as embarrassingly bad as Pogba’s last 2 at ManU. And that’s entirely due to attitude. Whenever things go wrong, he hangs his head, pouts, and gives half-assed effort.

He’s a Balon d’Or level talent, but he needs to show it consistently.
Maybe our definition or use of term talent differs here. Pogba type players will never lose it regardless of age or whatever their aim is/becomes as an athlete.
It's natural to them but at the end of the day, no matter the quality or attitude, environment and coach play a big role on their performance (serves him right leaving this Juve) case in point Ronaldo under Mou Messi at Argentina, and Pogba himself for France.

Whether Pogba wins Balon d'Or or not we'd still be a much better side with him around. same will most likely happen with Dybala if we part ways definitely if the replacement is someone like Salah whose main trait is his pace.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We will come to the inevitable conclusion that Juventus players are just shit

No we will come to the conclusion that you dont have to over-rate every player just because they wear our shirt and because you dislike the other player or their team. Its funny that its often those that refuse to admit that Allegri hasnt been getting the most out of offensive players, are the same people who would say Dybala is better than Salah and Morata was better than Higuain when there is a massive gap in goals scored, assists, everything really.

You'd think if Allegri is getting the most out of Dybala and Dybala is better than Salah, then Dybala's numbers should be through the roof. But then again tribalists love contradictions.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
No we will come to the conclusion that you dont have to over-rate every player just because they wear our shirt and because you dislike the other player or their team. Its funny that its often those that refuse to admit that Allegri hasnt been getting the most out of offensive players, are the same people who would say Dybala is better than Salah and Morata was better than Higuain when there is a massive gap in goals scored, assists, everything really.

You'd think if Allegri is getting the most out of Dybala and Dybala is better than Salah, then Dybala's numbers should be through the roof. But then again tribalists love contradictions.
Some do that, but it looks as if you do the opposite sometimes and underrate everything related to Juve. Dybala has more raw talent than Salah, the latter is more consistent goalscorer these days and is admittedly lethal, but if the former is put in good conditions and sorts himself out he'd do better.

Remember last season the period when Dybala was scoring with each shot he took and in which he also scored three sublime goals against Sassuolo, simply scoring for fun, that's the kind of thing he's able to do. He had another such period where everything works out for him in his first season during december/January, he just needs more consistency and I choose to believe he'll be able to pull it off at some point. This even though it's possible he also might not.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Or an alternative conclusion is that Dybala and Salah are different players who play a different role in different teams.

Look at the chances Salah gets, and compare them to the chances Dybala gets. There is no comparison. I cannot even remember the last time Dybala missed a sitter, because he gets so few sitters to begin with.

Right now, in this team, Dybala is an attacking midfielder.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Or an alternative conclusion is that Dybala and Salah are different players who play a different role in different teams.

Look at the chances Salah gets, and compare them to the chances Dybala gets. There is no comparison. I cannot even remember the last time Dybala missed a sitter, because he gets so few sitters to begin with.

Neddy making sense :shocked:

ByzantineUSA

Jul 20, 2018
You cant be a juve if you arent 10000% sure that after his actions Costa will be sold.A shame I liked what he offered and with the right mentor he could really become key player...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Dybala for Sala, what a bargain!
Shock hypothesis from Sky Arabia to England talking about the Argentine to Liverpool with robust cash sum to bring the Egyptian ace to Juve

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Some do that, but it looks as if you do the opposite sometimes and underrate everything related to Juve. Dybala has more raw talent than Salah, the latter is more consistent goalscorer these days and is admittedly lethal, but if the former is put in good conditions and sorts himself out he'd do better.

Remember last season the period when Dybala was scoring with each shot he took and in which he also scored three sublime goals against Sassuolo, simply scoring for fun, that's the kind of thing he's able to do. He had another such period where everything works out for him in his first season during december/January, he just needs more consistency and I choose to believe he'll be able to pull it off at some point. This even though it's possible he also might not.
Which players did I underrate?

I am a firm believer that every offensive player we have is being held back by Allegri's coaching. Higuain in the past, Dybala since forever, DC and now Ronaldo.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

I am not disagreeing with you. Dybala is probably heavily limited by our style of play. I dont think he would be as good as Salah was last season (just the sheer speed and dribbling and finishing touch of Salah stands out to me more) but he is definitely restricted by playing under Allegri. Dybala should be at least as good as Aguero if you put him in an offensive team. Dude even Ronaldo is going through a rough time in our system by his standard, and he is from a different planet to both.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
If anything, we should go for Hazard - in the summer he will have one year left on his contract. Would be a huge signing too.

Also Chelsea wont make it to the CL, so he will definitely leave.
Another surplus is that we have some deals with them already.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
If anything, we should go for Hazard - in the summer he will have one year left on his contract. Would be a huge signing too.

Also Chelsea wont make it to the CL, so he will definitely leave.
Another surplus is that we have some deals with them already.
He's already in Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)