Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
IN: Chiesa 60m, M.Savic 70m, Romero 20m, Ramsey free, Tonelli 20m = 170m
OUT: Higuain (36m+18mloan = 54m), Benatia 10m, Khedira 15m, Audero 10m, Sturaro 5m, Caceres, Barzagli = 94m
On-loan: Kean, Pjaca, Cerri, Favilli, Rogerio, Orsolini

Szczesny
Perin/Pinsoglio
Cancelo Bonucci Chiellini Sandro
MDS/Cuadrado Romero Rugani Spinazzola
Bentancur Pjanic M.Savic
Ramsey/Can Tonelli Matuidi
Dybala Chiesa
Costa Bernardeschi
Ronaldo
Mandzukic​

Buy on AliExpress.com

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
was it really? pirlo's and llorente's book value was zero when the club terminated their contract, so in those cases i wonder there were any agent fees involved at all. also, dani alves had some 400k book value after a similar case.
There was agent fees/signing fees involved in Llorente's transfer as the initial book value was €3m, none or insignificant in Pirlo's case. And final book value can be zero if it's the end of employment contract (player's registration rights) like in Pirlo's case or incase of a write-down. But that said, some costs (agent fees etc.) are capitalised and some not, I learnt that from Pogba's case and also trying to figure out how Juve were short on transfer budget back then(imo), when net transfer spend was relatively low.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...And final book value can be zero if it's the end of employment contract (player's registration rights) like in Pirlo's case or incase of a write-down.
yeah, but neither happened in llorente's case. his contract was terminated by mutual consent. still, his book value was zero in his final year.

damn, i need to get better in ifrs. such a lazy rulebook, gives you too much freedom. :disagree:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
You better be praying hard tho, because I have no confidence in that midfield. Slow, static, inconsistent, lacking dynamism, and not getting any younger either. I don't understand how such an above average midfield can be considered to possess all the ingredients it needs to be successful. It lacks so much and is so painful to watch.
Slow and static? Whatever fits your narrative bro. In my opinion neither of Pjanic, Can, Matuidi and Bentancur are slow and static. I intentionally omitted Khedira because I want to avoid a discussion about this player since the bias around him is unbelievable. Central midfielders don't have to be demons of speed because usually the middle of the pitch is crowded so you don't have the space to develop high speed. Also, losing a ball in that area is a beginning of a dangerous counter attack so players playing in the middle need to be very cautious with the ball.

In my opinion the set of midfielders we have is very good considering the sublime attackers at our disposal and a pair of very attack minded full backs. Finally Pjanic can have two bodyguards next to him in Bentancur/Can and Matuidi on the other side allowing him to concentrate on dictating the play. Both mezzalas also have to cover for Ronaldo and Alex Sandro on the left (Matuidi) and Dybala and Cancelo on the right (Benta, Can). As you can see, there are a lot of defensive responsibilities for these two positions. So it is one or another, either you have attackers like CR, Dybala, Mandzukic, Costa, Berna focusing on scoring a goal, supported by Alex Sandro and Cancelo while their defensive positions are being covered by players like Can and Matuidi or you ask your full backs not to cross the middle line to avoid being caught on counter. In my opinion, it would be a waste to keep Cancelo and Sandro at the bay.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Slow and static? Whatever fits your narrative bro. In my opinion neither of Pjanic, Can, Matuidi and Bentancur are slow and static. I intentionally omitted Khedira because I want to avoid a discussion about this player since the bias around him is unbelievable. Central midfielders don't have to be demons of speed because usually the middle of the pitch is crowded so you don't have the space to develop high speed. Also, losing a ball in that area is a beginning of a dangerous counter attack so players playing in the middle need to be very cautious with the ball.

In my opinion the set of midfielders we have is very good considering the sublime attackers at our disposal and a pair of very attack minded full backs. Finally Pjanic can have two bodyguards next to him in Bentancur/Can and Matuidi on the other side allowing him to concentrate on dictating the play. Both mezzalas also have to cover for Ronaldo and Alex Sandro on the left (Matuidi) and Dybala and Cancelo on the right (Benta, Can). As you can see, there are a lot of defensive responsibilities for these two positions. So it is one or another, either you have attackers like CR, Dybala, Mandzukic, Costa, Berna focusing on scoring a goal, supported by Alex Sandro and Cancelo while their defensive positions are being covered by players like Can and Matuidi or you ask your full backs not to cross the middle line to avoid being caught on counter. In my opinion, it would be a waste to keep Cancelo and Sandro at the bay.
They're not exactly mobile and dynamic either. Each one of our midfielders has serious limitations. Pjanic is too inconsistent to be truly considered world class; he's stellar in 3 games out of 10, decent in 2, sub-par in another 3, and utter dogshit in the remaining 2. Matuidi is very active, hustles and harries, but he can't really bring the ball forward and his passing is somewhat atrocious. Khedira is..... well let's not go there. High football IQ is probably the only thing he has going for him right now. Bentancur is young and raw; the potential is there, but he keeps misplacing passes, repeating the same mistakes, and picking up needless yellow cards. Can is...... well he's been underwhelming thus far, and I don't really see him as an elite level player. We went from Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio to what we have now. I'd say that's a massive downgrade.

We win in spite of our midfield, and not because of it. Bottom line: I don't think our midfield is anywhere near good enough, and moving forward we must significantly upgrade it.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
They're not exactly mobile and dynamic either. Each one of our midfielders has serious limitations. Pjanic is too inconsistent to be truly considered world class; he's stellar in 3 games out of 10, decent in 2, sub-par in another 3, and utter dogshit in the remaining 2. Matuidi is very active, hustles and harries, but he can't really bring the ball forward and his passing is somewhat atrocious. Khedira is..... well let's not go there. High football IQ is probably the only thing he has going for him right now. Bentancur is young and raw; the potential is there, but he keeps misplacing passes, repeating the same mistakes, and picking up needless yellow cards. Can is...... well he's been underwhelming thus far, and I don't really see him as an elite level player. We went from Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio to what we have now. I'd say that's a massive downgrade.

We win in spite of our midfield, and not because of it. Bottom line: I don't think our midfield is anywhere near good enough, and moving forward we must significantly upgrade it.
1. Pjanic

I do agree he's inconsistent but his current role on the pitch is not too flashy. His job is to keep our game ticking which is harder to observe for a less perceptive supporter.

2. Matuidi

What you wrote is exactly his role on the pitch. For other things we have Ronaldo and Alex Sandro on the left side.

3. Khedira

He always delivers in big games. Has an ease at getting into scoring opportunities but his conversion rate is very bad this season.

4. Bentancur

I agree with what you wrote but we've been losing the ball easily throughout the season. I think it has more to do with motivation and consequently will improve in the knock-out stage of CL.

5. Can

He's a very strong player and technically sound. I still remember how Danilo from Porto or Casemiro used to bully our players in the middle (Dybala or Pjanic) . Not gonna happen with this guy playing. Or he can be doing that to the opposition.

I do agree that the current set of midfielders is not as strong as the one you mentioned. However, I think they form a good mix of skills. The thing is, for some reason people prefer to look only at their weaknesses and as we know every player has his weaknesses. What is more, I think this team is the best Allegri has had so far. Obviously it doesn't mean we will win the CL because if it was certain what would be the point of playing the games? The problem is that some people are so insecure, that faced with a situation in which we don't stand out in the CL as much as we do in Serie A, they are afraid of being disappointed.

We are easily one of the top candidates for the CL glory but it doesn't mean we cannot go out as early as 1/8. This is what makes the trophy so desirable, competition.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
But Pogba is definitely better when attacking...
Ndombele’s role doesn’t allow him to attack like Pogba. Pogba essentially plays as a 10 for Manure right now. We use Dybala in that role instead of one of our midfielders. Ndombele plays as a holding midfielder in a double pivot. When Pogba played that role at the World Cup, he recorded 1 goal and 0 assists in 7 games.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ndombele’s role doesn’t allow him to attack like Pogba. Pogba essentially plays as a 10 for Manure right now. We use Dybala in that role instead of one of our midfielders. Ndombele plays as a holding midfielder in a double pivot. When Pogba played that role at the World Cup, he recorded 1 goal and 0 assists in 7 games.
Anyway, would love to have both with us

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No I`m not its just every talented player becomes a mega star when talking about him here.
Ndombele is clearly good and might be a star player in an elite team but he won`t be like this from the moment he steps in.. It will take time..
Players who can make us take a leap immediately are players who can provide us with passing skills technique and muscle - Ndombele might have one two or even all but he is not at that level yet but he is still very young and could get there very fast!
Pogba on the other hand is exactly that kind of player
Pogba isnt the only one "true savior" but he clearly possess all I mentioned + already knows Serie A + Very marketable so he fits every bill
There is a difference between Pogba being a more proven option and Ndombele not solving the issues. He definitely will.
Pogba at this point is too expensive for what he actually inconsistently brings but of course everyone would love to have him back here.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
James Rodriguez’s father claims the Bayern Munich midfielder would be making ‘a good decision’ if he joins Juventus this summer.
Bayern are not expected to take up their €47m option to buy James from Real Madrid this summer, and Wilson Rodriguez believes Juve would suit his son well.
“He’s received many offers,” he told Bild.

“Juventus? He’s very close to Cristiano Ronaldo. For how I see Italian football, going to Juventus would be a good decision.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)