Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Zaniolo - 40m (release clause?)
De Ligt - 80m
Ndombele - 70m
Chiesa - 50m

We probably need to sell

Costa - 50m
Can - 25m
Khedira - 10m
Matuidi - 20m

That's still a net cost of 135m
Doesn't really improve the midfield all that much. Just Ndombele coming in for that position? That still won't be good enough for the CL..

EDIT: Don't know much about that Zaniolo fella

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
:lol::rab:

Honestly, we should have just spent the 10-20% above market value required to sign a top young mid like Ndomble . Early in the window. It's been clear as day that our midfield is holding us back. Our mid isn't terrible, but it's also not near world class (barring an in-form Pjanic). Ronaldo makes it worth taking that shot in winter mercato and giving yourself the best opportunity possible.
Couldn't agree more. I have no idea who, or what, "Ndomble" is, though.

And I will agree that an in-form Pjanic is indeed world class. But that said; our midfield is severely lacking. It's just too slow and predictable.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Couldn't agree more. I have no idea who, or what, "Ndomble" is, though.

And I will agree that an in-form Pjanic is indeed world class. But that said; our midfield is severely lacking. It's just too slow and predictable.
Meant Ndombele. :p He's the one @Nedved96 has been fapping over forever. I've only watched him a few times, but looked pretty damn impressive each one.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't really improve the midfield all that much. Just Ndombele coming in for that position? That still won't be good enough for the CL..

EDIT: Don't know much about that Zaniolo fella
Ramsey is coming in also.

Ndombele-Pjanic-Ramsey is an excellent mid, and with our strength across the rest of the pitch is easily good enough for CL. Add Bentancur, Zaniolo, Matuidi off the bench. That would improve our mid a lot.

Last edited:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I wasn't correcting the spelling, my apologies if I gave that impression. No idea who Ndombele is either! :D

But hey, if he can do shit Khedira can't, then sign him up!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I wasn't correcting the spelling, my apologies if I gave that impression. No idea who Ndombele is either! :D

But hey, if he can do shit Khedira can't, then sign him up!
I had no idea who he was this autumn, after Nedved96 started raving about him. Fully on the bandwagon now, even if I have only watched a few matches. Can’t wait until we sign him and he flops like Kondogbia. :hihi:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When did we have a midfield as bad as this one? (barring the 2007-2011 years, which don't count, as we were rebuilding from Calciopoli with ridiculous managers and ridiculous players).

We were complaining a lot back in the Capello days about how boring we were, but that midfield would murder the one we have now. It was much, much better. Nedved, Emerson, Vieira, Camoranesi. Eat your heart out.

2018/2019 is turning into an anticlimax of a season. I was so excited when we signed Ronaldo, but for the past couple of months I've been nothing but depressed when thinking about Juve. Having CR7 makes the situation even worse, the way I see it. Here we have the best player in the world, only to waste this opportunity with a midfield as shitty as this. When "Pjanic" is your biggest midfield star, you know you're in trouble.

Khedira, Emre Can, Bentancur... And people think we have a shot at the CL. It's laughable.

I hope we can mount a serious challenge next year. A huge midfield overhaul is needed.
What about that ageing and extremely thin defence?

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
You guys are unbelievable with your insecurity. So after 2015 the correct narrative was that attack wins you CL, midfield is not that important. Now it is midfield that pulls all the strings.

The midfield has all it takes to be successful. There are no ideal teams. Two years ago Barcelona midfield could do shit playing against Pjanic and Khedira. Next season midfield of Khedira, Pjanic and Matuidi swept aside the best midfield in the world in Madrid.

Just fucking sit back and wait how we perform in the CL.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
You guys are unbelievable with your insecurity. So after 2015 the correct narrative was that attack wins you CL, midfield is not that important. Now it is midfield that pulls all the strings.

The midfield has all it takes to be successful. There are no ideal teams. Two years ago Barcelona midfield could do shit playing against Pjanic and Khedira. Next season midfield of Khedira, Pjanic and Matuidi swept aside the best midfield in the world in Madrid.

My favorite poster at the moment. Well said

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

I've been saying similar things, there's not a line more important than the other, you need a stacked team on every part of the field to win it, that and luck on your side as well. Playing to your strength is also a must.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I really don't get how people are so adamant about players successfully adjusting to new league/team/pressure when that's more the exception than the rule.
Its really incredible how folks here who've seen maybe a dozen games of some young unproven footballer somehow know all these factors about their personality how mature, mentally strong, adaptable.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
When did we have a midfield as bad as this one? (barring the 2007-2011 years, which don't count, as we were rebuilding from Calciopoli with ridiculous managers and ridiculous players).

We were complaining a lot back in the Capello days about how boring we were, but that midfield would murder the one we have now. It was much, much better. Nedved, Emerson, Vieira, Camoranesi. Eat your heart out.

2018/2019 is turning into an anticlimax of a season. I was so excited when we signed Ronaldo, but for the past couple of months I've been nothing but depressed when thinking about Juve. Having CR7 makes the situation even worse, the way I see it. Here we have the best player in the world, only to waste this opportunity with a midfield as shitty as this. When "Pjanic" is your biggest midfield star, you know you're in trouble.

Khedira, Emre Can, Bentancur... And people think we have a shot at the CL. It's laughable.

I hope we can mount a serious challenge next year. A huge midfield overhaul is needed.

A month ago i would have called this post too negative, but i think the last 4-5 matches has clearly showed us we lack that essential quality to control games. Its really not a secret anymore.

At this point i see us struggling heavily to get past Atletico, even potentially being knocked out.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
just give me Zaniolo, De Ligt, Ndombele and Chiesa.
Who are we sacrificing champ? Tread carefully now.

I know DC aka "The Flash" is probably on your list of outgoing players, but which other "star" player are you going to sacrifice?

- - - Updated - - -

You better be praying hard tho, because I have no confidence in that midfield. Slow, static, inconsistent, lacking dynamism, and not getting any younger either. I don't understand how such an above average midfield can be considered to possess all the ingredients it needs to be successful. It lacks so much and is so painful to watch.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dybala, everyone’s favourite sacrificial lamb. :touched:
Sure. If we're getting Zaniolo and Mbappe for Dybala, I'd even consider (probably accept) it. I wouldn't even trade Dybala for that pansy Neymar.

But selling Dybala while keeping hacks like Can, Khedira, and the other mediocre shitbags is a recipe for failure.

We can't sell Dybala and then bring in Zaniolo + Chiesa and call that an upgrade. I'm sure some posters probably think it is :howler:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Literally no one wins CL with less then stellar CL.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ok. Let's play a little game. Who would you consider selling and for how much? Please don't include guys like Barza, Khedira, and Higuain on the list, as they're already on their way out, or we can't get much for them if anything at all.

Here's my list:

Perin: 25 million
Rugani: 50 million
Bonucci: 40 million
De Sciglio: 50 million
Sandro: 70 million
Can: 40 million
Bentancur: 60 million
Matuidi: 30 million
Pjanic: 70 million
Costa: 60 million
Dybala: only if we can get BOTH Mbappe and Zaniolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)