Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Darmian is a worse De Sciglio, why the fuck would we go for a right back that couldn't start for this mess of a Man Utd Squad, who started infront of him, Ashley Young lol
I don't mind getting rid of Cancelo, i wouldn't mind a more balanced right back, but fuck jesus not him please, use the 60m for an actual good right back
DS is god, DS is love.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Darmian is a worse De Sciglio, why the fuck would we go for a right back that couldn't start for this mess of a Man Utd Squad, who started infront of him, Ashley Young lol
I don't mind getting rid of Cancelo, i wouldn't mind a more balanced right back, but fuck jesus not him please, use the 60m for an actual good right back
The 60 mil will mainly not be used for a right back. That's the actual point in selling...

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I'm wondering how many ppl have the inner feeling that we'll end up with both Neymar+Pogba here, and they are afraid to express it...

I think they live among us

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Is this Neymar stuff are the real deal? F**k his attitude and behaviour but god damn were going to be a scary team

Btw which one you choose?
Opt 1: Sign another midfielder + icardi and close mercato
Opt 2: sign Neymar and close mercato
I always pushed for a CM (basically named Pogba) but if we can pull Neymar and then let Ronaldo be the CF it almost guarantees we win the CL IMO

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Don't be so hard on yourself. I believe one of them is possible, if we move the right pieces, but both is highly improbable if not impossible. It's ok to dream tho :D

I'd be happy with SMS at this point. Sell the balding Argie, Mandzu, Khedira, Matuidi, and anyone else deemed redundant, bring in SMS and call it a Mercato.

Keep Kean, and sell Cancelo, one of Rugani/Bonucci if the right offer comes in.

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
I always pushed for a CM (basically named Pogba) but if we can pull Neymar and then let Ronaldo be the CF it almost guarantees we win the CL IMO
Maybe your definition of guarantee is different to mine, but signing Neymar alone wouldn't come close to doing that. The bookies currently have us around 8/1 to 10/1 which equates to around 10-13% of winning the CL. Signing Neymar would make us favorites and push us up to around 25% or so, but it would still be unlikely and definitely not a guarantee that we win the Champions League.

- - - Updated - - -

The 60 mil will mainly not be used for a right back. That's the actual point in selling...
That mindset of just picking the cheap option at fullback to save money for elsewhere seems a bit outdated. Fullbacks are fucking crucial in the modern game. Just look at all the teams who have won the CL since 2013

Bayern: Lahm, Alaba
Barca: Alves, Alba
Real: Carvajal, Marcelo
Liverpool: TAA, Robertson

Sandro and Darmian would seem a bit out of place

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
That mindset of just picking the cheap option at fullback to save money for elsewhere seems a bit outdated. Fullbacks are fucking crucial in the modern game. Just look at all the teams who have won the CL since 2013

First of all; cheap doesn't mean low in quality.
And secondly; Darmian is not going to be a starter for us if he comes. Anyone who thinks that, has his head up his ass.

Our Cancelo boy delivered our 2 eliminations last season. He has done enough damage.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Darmian has had really pitiful last 2 seasons at ManU
18/19 - 7 games, 533 minutes
17/18 - 17 games, 1105 minutes

No way he's coming here to replace Cancelo, no way. Even if you fully believe his talent and capabilities, which is hard given how no coach at United really liked him, going from warming bench 2 seasons straight to a 35-40 game player is a big big risk

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
First of all; cheap doesn't mean low in quality.
And secondly; Darmian is not going to be a starter for us if he comes. Anyone who thinks that, has his head up his ass.

Our Cancelo boy delivered our 2 eliminations last season. He has done enough damage.
So who will? De Sciglio?
Or do you really think we will sign 2 RBs after selling Cancelo?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think we have a replacement in mind, and it isn't Darmian. Maybe he'll come in as the backup (he's versatile, free and Italian, but also there are sparing and lazy links), but it wouldn't fit our signings under Paratici to make such a player a starter.

It'll be someone we don't expect, or has been loosely linked to us.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Maybe your definition of guarantee is different to mine, but signing Neymar alone wouldn't come close to doing that. The bookies currently have us around 8/1 to 10/1 which equates to around 10-13% of winning the CL. Signing Neymar would make us favorites and push us up to around 25% or so, but it would still be unlikely and definitely not a guarantee that we win the Champions League.

- - - Updated - - -

You are definitely right with your numbers and bookies but Im not talking about that.. I was more referring to what we need to be considered the best in Europe and not just a slight adavantage

We are currently short in attack (Unless Dybala gets serious or we do some business involving him)
Our mid has improved a lot but still lacking a WC player IMO
Our defense looks good with A.S Chiellini De Ligt Cancelo/RB (In case we sell Cancelo we will have to get a RB who can attack and defend)
If we fill everything in the best way we still dont guarantee CL win % wise but we would be a heavy favorite and this is what I mean by saying Neymar and C.R together with Neymar on the left and CR7 lurking in the middle - We would look unstoppable...
"Rapist attack" to win CL

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I think we have a replacement in mind, and it isn't Darmian. Maybe he'll come in as the backup (he's versatile, free and Italian, but also there are sparing and lazy links), but it wouldn't fit our signings under Paratici to make such a player a starter.

It'll be someone we don't expect, or has been loosely linked to us.
It will be Hysaj.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well, that's also bullshit. Never say never and with the CBs we have we're only two injuries away from a makeshift 3-men defence like Conte's at first. Maybe 3 if you add Emre Can.
I dont say never.. Sarri does... Sarri is one who make excuses and stuff like that but I have no reason to believe he is lying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)