Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Forget about Pogba's transfer fee and wages

Let's think logically here

We're signing two midfielders on an annual wage of €7M net. They are not coming here to sit on the bench. Ramsey takes Khedira's slot and Rabiot comes in either comes in as in extra midfield option which will relegate the likes of Matuidi to the bench or replace Matuidi himself.
So if another midfielder has to come, another midfielder would have to depart.

I'd like to think we'd want to have 6 midfield options for the coming season as opposed to 5 last year

Pjanić, Can, Matuidi, Rabiot, Ramsey and Bentancur.

So if another midfielder has to come, atleast one midfielder from the above list would have to depart.

Besides, once we started accelerating for De Ligt and Rabiot, I already made up my mind then that De Ligt would be the big summer signing and that we pulled the plug on Pogba because he's way too expensive.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

We're signing two midfielders on an annual wage of €7M net. They are not coming here to sit on the bench. Ramsey takes Khedira's slot and Rabiot comes in either comes in as in extra midfield option which will relegate the likes of Matuidi to the bench or replace Matuidi himself.

I'd like to think we'd want to have 6 midfield options for the coming season as opposed to 5 last year

So if another midfielder has to come, atleast one midfielder from the above list would have to depart.

Besides, once we started accelerating for De Ligt and Rabiot, I already made up my mind then that De Ligt would be the big summer signing and that we pulled the plug on Pogba because he's way too expensive.
Why do we need 6 midfielders, I heard Sarri uses only 11 players. :confused:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

:agree: Maybe Rabiot is not definite yet but I don't see us signing Ramsey and Rabiot then spending an additional 100mil on Pogba.

Only possible way is the sale of Pjanic and it still seems unlikely imo

noussa

Aug 29, 2008

Can we do Installment for Pogba in 2 years ahead?:)
still think we miss 1 Top MF regardless Rabiot will join. Budget can use sales from attacking department such as Mandzu, Cuad or Higgy perhaps?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think it’s an indication of PSG being pissed off with Juve by getting De Ligt from them. It’s a revenge. Sms move to Paris I see as De Ligt done deal.
Yap.. They are only doing deals for players other clubs want and act a the god of vengeance..
Watch them go for Chiesa Pogba and Ndombele while offering Rabiot 30M per year..

- - - Updated - - -

C.M mentions Sidibe as a replacement for Cancelo

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I say go all out for Ndombele over Pogba, he'll be hungry with the opportunity to play at a top 5 club (no disrespect to Lyon) whereas Pogba will want to go to Madrid next year. Man Utd are poor but he should stand out and he did for the wrong reasons and that comes down to attitude. Look at Alexis suddenly playing well at the Copa after a awful year, like Adebayor he plays well around transfer time. Let Pogba continue his journey somewhere else and all the best to him but we're dead serious about the CL and we need serious players only.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hi
Do you people know the following players:
A.W.Bissaka - Apparently there is a good reason why Man Utd want him - Seems to be very strong when attacking and defending (I personally dont know him but he seems to be highly rated and very young)
James Medisson - Only 22 years old - Have no clue about this one..
Martin Ødegaard - Still 20 years old known to everyone because of Real Madrid and also football manager ;) - I thought he turned out to be nothing but he seems to be having fun in the Netherlands..
Téji Savanier - This is an interesting player - Not exactly young but he is a consistent performer according to whoscored and got a rating that is only short compared to Mbappe..
I only watched a youtube of his so cant really say if he is good or not but he seems like a real set piece expert as everytime he places a corner or a free kick it ends in the net..
N.Pepe - Should we or is he just the flavor of the month? I havent seen much of him but right now I think we should rather Chiesa than him..
Youcef Atal - I personally never heard about him until Rakib said something about him but his stats are very good and he is only 23 - Another member confirmed he seems like the real deal - deserves some scouting at the very least..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)